Status: Finished! Thank you guys SO much!

A Lie Too Late

We Share This Together

“Okay, homework!” Mr. Rivera announced, standing in front of the Music Appreciation classroom.
He flipped through a few pages in his textbook before writing on the board.
“You are to study Chapter 2, and memorize the different types of tonic notes.” he decided, dismissing us.
Gathering all of my papers, I hurried towards my locker.
Music Appreciation was the last class of the day, and honestly it was boring as fucking possible.
We were going over the several types of notes; then briefing great composers over the course of history.
Please, just kill me.
I was going to attempt to get out of that class; maybe I’d take an art class.
Anything.
Spinning the dial on the combination, I felt a hand touch the back of my shoulder in a hesitant gesture.
Grinning on the inside, I turned to face Oli.
“Hey!” I smiled, grabbing my jacket from it’s place and replacing the empty unit with all my textbooks.
Fuck studying and homework.
“I was, uh, wondering if you wanted to hang out with me?” Oli asked shyly, playing with the last button on his jacket.
“Sure.” I answered, closing the locker and following him out.
After we had cleared away from the crowds of hyped up teenagers, eager to get out on a Friday afternoon, Oli stopped me.
“So, um, what do you want to do?” Oli wondered hesitantly, tightening his grasp on his jacket sleeves.
“Do you want to go to your house?” I asked, facing him. “I’d offer my place, but we’re still unpacking boxes and it’s a complete mess.”
“No!” Oli yelled, almost panicking at the idea of going to his place. “I mean, I have family visiting from out of town and...”
“It’s okay.” I interrupted, biting my lip.
I really wanted to hang out with Oli, but I couldn’t think of where. I wasn’t really familiar with the streets here.
Maybe I’d just invite him over? I mean, my room is pretty decent.
“Oh!” Oli smiled suddenly. “I know where we could go.”
He led me down the cobbled street and towards the nearest primary school. He cut through the playground and walked another half mile past the property line until he reached a strip of trees.
There was a narrow path that led through the shrouded forest, and he took me along it’s width.
Another quarter mile down the path, we reached a tree that had fallen on it’s axis and faced North.
Straying from the path, he walked perpendicular from the earlier path and ended up at a wall of bushes.
“Be careful.” Oli warned, getting on his knees and ducking underneath the crowded hedges.
Following behind him, the other side was an unkempt field that ended at the rocky shore of a running river.
There was a large rock that stuck into the current, the sides smoothed down from erosion.
“Where are we?” I asked, following Oli towards the rock.
He climbed the stone and disappeared from sight.
He had slid down the other side and ended up along the banks of the stream, completely hidden from view.
“It’s a little place I found once.” Oli answered, shrugging. “It’s where I come whenever I need to escape everything..”
“It’s beautiful.” I breathed, sitting down besides him.
The current was dragging little twigs and rivers somewhere else, flowing without a care in the world.
It was really peaceful, really.
“Tell me about yourself.” Oli suggested softly, leaning against the base of the rock and closing his eyes.
Following his posture, I ended up telling him about how I moved here from London and about my love for music.
“Do you play any instruments?” Oli asked in interest.
“I’m learning how to play the guitar.” I answered timidly. “But mostly, I sing. I’d love to start a band one day.”
“Me too!” Oli smiled, sitting back up and looked at me.
“Do you play anything?” I asked.
“Uh, I sing a little...but I’m really good at screaming and stuff.”
The conversation turned towards our favorite bands and type of music.
It was a topic that brought a mesmerizing light to Oli’s eyes.
He literally came alive.
There was a hint of a smile tugging at his lips, matching his eyes and causing his cheeks to flush.
He was completely different from the Oli I knew from school.
He was precious.
My hand crept along the rocky bank we were settled on, stopping near Oliver’s hand and hesitatingly grasping it.
His skin was soft and warm, I never wanted to let go.
After a second, he pulled back and started blushing softly as he mumbled something under his breath.
What did I say?
He was adorable, and I’m pretty sure I was falling for the sensitive and gentle nature of this beautiful boy.
I just wondered if he would let it happen.A
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Ben Threw; Of Mice & Men

It's a little short and a little late, but that's all I have for this chapter.
I'm a bit stuck.