Status: I own none of the Avengers franchise. I only own Max and my own ideas

My Brother? He's a Playboy, Billionaire, Genius, and a Philanthropist. He's Iron Man.....

Glad to see you on your feet.....

I opened my eyes, and I saw someone sitting on the edge of the bed. I blinked, and I broke out into a smile when I saw that it was Tony! “Tony!” I said, brightly.

“Hey Maxi…” I scowled, and then my heart sank. Emily. I missed her. A few tears fell from my eyes. Tony saw them, and he moved to sit closer to me on the bed.

“I’m sorry Max. I miss her too…” I leaned forward, and I hugged him tightly. He rubbed my back, comfortingly.

“What happened to me?” I asked.

“Well…um…You went on your mission with Clint…” I rolled my eyes.

“I know all that…I meant with the Doctor…All I remember was a needle…and then darkness…”

“Oh…maybe you should ask the person who was there with you…” He got up to leave, but I grabbed his hand before he got out of reach.

“Tony…”

“Yeah, Max?”

“I miss you, big brother…” He smiled at me.

“I miss you too, Maxi…” He kissed my head, before leaving. I lay my head back on the pillow, and I closed my eyes. A few hours later, I heard someone else enter my room, and I opened my eyes to find Clint!

“Hey there, Saoirse…” He smiled.

“Hey, Clint…What happened?” He explained that Doctor Maxwell had tried to kill me, but somehow the serum in the needle that was supposed to kill me, just knocked me out. I zoned out with everything else, but he told me that he did manage to finally kill Doctor Maxwell. I smiled.

“Thank you…”

“Hey, she tried to kill my partner. I had too…” I grinned.

“Agent Blair, report…” I heard Fury say in my ear piece. Clint stood up, and he walked to my door.

“See you in a few…” He said, leaving. I ran my fingers through my matted, and knotty hair.

“Ugh…Is this how I looked? Gross!” I thought in disgust.

I hopped in the shower, washed my hair, and I noticed where the needle impacted with my skin. It left an ugly purple bruise.

“Ouch…” I thought. I got out, and I dried my hair, and I brushed it out, and I put it up. I got dressed, *http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=77525182* and I walked down the hall to Director Fury’s office. There Clint, and Fury were sitting down.

“Agent Blair…it’s good to see you on your feet again…” Fury said.

“Thank you, Sir. It does feel to be back…” I said, sitting down beside Clint.

“I have a new mission for you Agents…” He slid two folders to Clint and I.

“This is the Tesseract. The both of you will be protecting it…”

Tesseract…why did that name sound familiar, even though this was the first I had ever heard of it…

I zoned for most of the meeting, until Fury said, “Your jet will be leaving tomorrow at 9:oo sharp in the morning. Get some rest, and pack up. Agent Coulsen will be waiting for you at the jet, and he will be staying at the base with the both of you…Good luck.” Clint and I stood up and we were about to leave.

“Agent Blair…” I turned around.

“Yes sir?”

“Try to be more careful this time…” He smirked. I laughed.

“Yes, sir…” I said before turning away and walking away.

“Clint!” I said, quickening my pace to catch up to him.

“Do you know why that serum that Doctor Maxwell put in that needle didn’t kill me?” I asked. He just shrugged.

“Sorry Saoirse, I don’t know…” I sighed. Why wasn’t Maxwell able to kill me with that needle? We reached my room.

“So…I guess I’ll see you in the morning then…?” Clint said. I groaned. I am NOT a morning person.

“Yup, bright and early…” I said, sarcastically. He grinned, before walking in the direction of his room.

“G’ night Hawkeye!” I called.

“Night Fang!” He threw over his shoulder. I walked into my room, changed into my pajamas, and I lay down. As soon as my head hit my pillow, I was out.