Status: Just Starting Out

Can't Stop

Love? Pt.1

Brayden has been away on road trips for most of the month so we haven't seen much of each other. Abby went home with my mom, so the apartment is very quiet. The quiet has given me time to think about my relationship with Brayden. I think I am in love with him but at the same time I am not sure that I know what love really is. I haven't had great examples of love in my life, that makes it harder to tell what these feelings are.

I had made the decision that I needed to talk to someone about this. What good is it if I just sit around and over think things? I picked up the phone and dialed a familiar number.

"Hey Kendra!"

"Hey Matt!"

"Why are you calling me and not Brayden?"

"I need advice, do you have a minute?"

"Yep! Go ahead!"

"How do you know when you love someone?"

"Its different with everyone. Do you think you could ever live without Brayden?" I paused for a moment and pondered his question. Brayden had broken down my walls and made me comfortable with the world again.

"No, I really couldn't. My mom always told me that you just know when you love someone and I finally get that."

"Well in that case, you don't really need my advice."

"I guess I don't. Thanks Matt!"

"Anytime."

With that, our conversation ended. Brayden was coming home tomorrow and I was going to tell him how I feel.

My mom and Abby are coming in to town today. Its getting very close to my moms due date and she doesn't want to be alone when it happens. She refused my offers to let her stay with me because she doesn't want to be distracting. She is staying with one of her friends who lives a few blocks from me. I had to pick her up from the airport though.

I glanced down at my watch and realized that I had to get going. I grabbed my keys and my phone and ran out the door.

0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0

"Kendra!!" Abby shouted as she ran to hug me. My mom waddled slowly behind her. Once she reached me, she wrapped me up in a hug.

"Hi sweetie. Thanks for picking us up."

"Its no problem." I said while pulling back from the hug. "I wanted to tell you before anyone else did but I put in an application with the NHL board about being an athletic trainer. They told me it would take awhile before I got any responses."

"Good for you. I always knew you would doing something much different than a nine to five job." We made our way out of the airport to where I was parked.

"Kendra, I want to ask you something." My mom started once we had Abby in the vehicle.

"Okay."

"I was wondering if Abby could come live with you next year, for school of course. I just want her to have excellent opportunities."

"Of course she can. As long as I still live here."

"Thank you honey!"

"Its the least I can do."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"I'm home!" I heard Brayden's voice shout through the apartment. I ran down the hall and into his open arms.

"I missed you." I mumbled into his neck.

"I missed you too."

"Please don't leave me anymore." I said still wrapped in his arms.

"I won't, I will quit the team tomorrow." He joked. He set me down. "You look beautiful."

"I am in yoga clothes."

"That doesn't mean you aren't beautiful."

"Bray, I want to tell you something."

"Okay, go ahead." I lead him over to the couch and took his hand in mine.

"Brayden, I love you." I held my breath waiting for him to answer.

"I love you too. I have for a long time now."

"I want you to move in with me. I realize Claude will be lonely but he can make due." He leaned over to kiss me. He softly pushed me back on the couch as the kiss got more heated. "I will take that as a yes then."

"Of course I will move in with you." He said before kissing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I FEEL LIKE A JERK!!!!! I am so sorry about not updating for so long. I just had a lot going on but my dad is feeling better. I'm sorry if you hate me but I am back now. I will try to update once a week maybe more often. I hope you enjoyed.

Thanks for being such amazing readers.