Status: Just Starting Out

Can't Stop

Walls

**Brayden's POV**

She is gorgeous. Those are the only thoughts I can string together when I see her in the coffee shop. I haven't seen Kendra in a week, since that night at the bar. We have been texting back and for but she is always too busy to get together. So I was shocked seeing her here.

"Kendra!" I shouted. Her head shot up from her phone and a smile flashed across her face. Her long brown hair was in a ponytail. She was wearing sweatpants and a Flyers sweater. She had flip flops on, even though it was raining. She walked over to me and wrapped me up in a hug.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" She broke off the hug, I felt much more warm with her in my arms.

"Oh just killing time." She nodded her head and took a sip of her drink. "Do you want to sit down?"

"Yeah, I have time." She said before scanning the room for a table. I pointed at one over her shoulder.

"That's shocking." She smacked my arm.

"Hey, don't be sassy Mr. Schenn." She sat across from me and set her phone on the table.

"So this is a lame question, but tell me more about yourself."

"There isn't much to tell. I moved here to get away from my parents. You know I am a personal trainer, that's about it."

"Why did you want to get away from your parents?" I mentally smacked myself for asking that question.

"My dad ruined my childhood. Do you know what is like having your whole world come crashing down when you are 14? He cheated on my mom, and made a mockery of our family. I caught him cheating when I was 14. He was weak, if he wasn't happy he should have said so." She took a deep breathe. I didn't say anything, I couldn't tell if she was upset at all. "Oh my god, I am so sorry. I kinda freaked at you." I chuckled and took her hand in mine.

"Its really alright. I get it."

"Tell me about yourself." I was surprised she hadn't pulled her hand away yet.

"I have played hockey my whole life. Grew up in Saskatoon. I have two younger sisters, Madison and Macy, and one older brother, Luke." She nodded her head. "You have siblings right?"

"Just one, Abby. She just turned 6. But my parents had me when they were 15, so no other siblings when they were married."

We spoke for about another hour. She told me everything she learned about the NHL while growing up. We both compared stories about winters in Saskatoon. But after a while she had to go.

"Wait!" I said as she was standing up. She stopped and turned to face me. "Will you go out with me?" She paused for what seemed like hours.

"Brayden, that's really sweet but I'm just not in the dating place right now."

"At least come to the game tonight!" She nodded her head in agreement. "I will leave tickets under your name." And with that she was gone. She left me in a daze each time she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Kendra's POV**

"I can't believe you said no to a date!" Krista said as we entered the arena.

"I agreed to the game didn't I?" She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, but he is so hot. And you could have had him!" I let out a deep sigh.

"I am just not in that place be-"

"Because your dad fucked up the idea of happy relationships for you. But you need to stop punishing yourself and just be happy." I didn't say one more word to her. We walked to our seats. "He would get seats right behind the bench."

"Shut up." She laughed. We sat down and I took a sip of my coffee. The guys were out for warm ups. They were playing the Bruins, Krista was gushing over Tyler Seguin.

"Look who is staring at you!!" She exclaimed while smacking my arm. I looked up to see Brayden smiling at me.

"Just watch the game and drop it." And that she did. She did not say another thing about him until he scored the game winning goal in overtime. We both jumped up in excitement!

"You have an amazing boyfriend."

"Shut up Krista." I walked faster than her so she wouldn't bother me on the way to the locker room. Once we got down there and got the okay to enter I scanned the room for Brayden. I spotted him laughing with Zac. He stood up when he saw me. I ran into his arms.

"That was amazing!!!" I squeaked as he spun me around. He set me down and leaned in for a kiss. I put my hand on his chest. "I'm sorry, but not now." He looked defeated but he agreed.

"I am going to break down those walls and make you mine." He said while looking right into my eyes.

"Okay, Brayden. Go ahead."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who subscribed!!! I would love comments!!

Coffee Shop Outfit

Game Outfit