Status: Just Starting Out

Can't Stop

Heart Overrides The Brain

AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER, YOU SHOULD READ IT!

****Kendra's POV****

Sometimes I wonder if the heart can override the brain. When you know you shouldn't be with someone in your brain, but your heart disagrees and goes to them anyways. That's how I feel about Brayden. I am not ready for a relationship at this point in my life, and my brain admits that but every time I am around him I just want to leap into his arms and love him.

"Kendra!" Brayden gained my attention by shouting my name.

"Hmm, what? Sorry." He laughs and sets a few movies in front of me.

"I narrowed it down to these, you choose." I nodded. After the game Brayden drove me home, and my damn heart invited him in to watch a movie. I looked at the movies in front of me and made the obvious choice.

"We are watching '500 Days of Summer'" I announced. Brayden nodded and popped the movie into the DVD player. He settled on to the couch beside me. His arm was placed carefully across the back of the couch. For some reason I cuddled closer to him and wrapped my arms around him. It just felt so right, in my heart and my brain. "Have you seen this movie before?" He shook his head.

"You are going to love it, Bray!"

"I am just glad to be watching it with you." I paused for a moment and let his statement sink in.

"Me too!"

I woke up to the sun shining through my apartment window. I felt a heavy weight on top of me. I slowly opened my heavy eyelids to see Brayden asleep right on top of me.

"Brayden! Wake up." He slowly opened his eyes and yawned. He rolled off of me.

"Sorry." He sheepishly replied.

"Its fine."

"So after hanging out with me last night, will you go out with me?"

"I can't" I rasped out. "Its not you, its me. I realize everyone says that but its true. My father ruined my image of having a happy relationship. I just need time." He didn't reply at all. " I just need time." I whispered again before the tears started to flow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

******Brayden's POV******

I have been avoiding her. I don't even have a reason. Rejection hurts though. She just seems so hurt and I can't bear to see that. I want to be the reason she smiles, but she won't let me.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. Claude stuck his head in.

"Someone is at the door for you." He says. I nod and he exits the room. I close my laptop and make my way out to the door. I stop dead in my tracks when I see her. She looks stunning, truly beautiful. Her long brown hair is done up in curls, but it looks so effortless, like her beauty is all natural.

"Hi. You have been avoiding me."

"No I haven't" I instantly know that it was a horrible lie.

"Shut up, yes you have. I brought wine, lets catch up." I laughed and led her into the living room.

Two bottle later we were both laughing up a storm. Nothing was even that funny. Suddenly she stood up off the couch.

"Let's go for a walk." She say while slipping her shoes back on.

"Kendra, its midnight."

"Fine! I will go by myself." She says before heading to the door. I followed her. I led her to a nearby park. She took my hand in hers and smiled up at me.

"This is nice." I commented.

"Yeah, it is." We walked for a little bit longer before stopping. The moonlight hit her and made her look even more stunning, almost angelic.

"You look stunning."

"No I don't" I walked closer to her and wrapped her up in my arms.

"Yes you do." I said before leaning down only to be met by her pushing me away. I sighed and turned around.

"WHY DO YOU PUSH ME AWAY? All i want is to love you." I yelled. I instantly regretted yelling at her. I turned back around to see her crying, correct that, she was sobbing. She looked up at me through her tears, before running into my arms. She gets very close to my ear.

"I am broken and you can't fix me. Nobody can." She said before sobbing into my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure how I feel about this chapter. I have the fourth chapter planned out. I need, lets say TWO OR THREE comments before I update. If I get that I will update tomorrow. Please don't be a silent reader, and thanks for reading!

Movie Outfit

Park Outfit