Status: Just Starting Out

Can't Stop

Childhood

"Kendra, why are we back in New York?" Abby asked as we walked down the street I grew up on. She held my hand and looked up at me, waiting for my answer.

"Because, some of the guys wanted to see our house." Claude, Zac, Harry, Brayden, Matt, and Max were walking behind us.

"Why?" She asked again.

"I'm not sure, because we are awesome" She laughed and kept walking. We were in New York because the guys had a game. I grew up just outside of the city after my parents got divorced.

I stopped in front of the house I hadn't been home to in 3 years. All of the emotions came back to me. I ha good times and bad here. Cheerful family nights and fights with my mother. Doors slammed in my fathers face and phones smashed on the wall when he would call. But the most important part was this is the home where I became who I am. I have this house, and my mother to thank for that.

"Are we going to go in or are you going to stare at it?" Abby asked impatiently. All of the guys laughed.

"Stop being sassy missy" I said before approaching the house. It was a big house, but not that huge. Even though my mom has lots of money she always wanted us to be down to earth, so we didn't live in a mansion. I opened the door and took in my surroundings. It looks like it did when I was growing up, there was more baby stuff filling the house but it was home.

"Let's show them your bedroom" I walked down the hall and they followed. I swung the door opened, it was just as I had left it. I felt the tears well up in my eyes. Last time I was in this room, I told my mom everything that happened with my ex boyfriend. Lets just say my mother was very upset with him and he is a dead man if he ever crosses her.

"You okay?" Brayden asked.

"Yeah, its just been a long time."

"Your room is the shit!" Zac exclaimed. Matt smacked him for swearing.

"Tha'ts two dollars in the swear jar!" Abby yelled. Everyone burst into laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After exploring my house, the guys were in Abby's room playing with her barbies. I was standing in the dance studio we had, yes we had a dance studio.

"Lots of pictures of you in here" Brayden said from behind me. I turned him around to see him staring at a few.

"Lots of memories, its Abby's turn now. She loves to dance. She will live in this place in a few years."

"Did you live in this place?"

"I came here when times were rough, and I let dance make me forget." He nodded. The door bell rang. Both of walked to the door. I opened the door to see someone I never wanted to see again.

"What are you doing here dad?"

"I haven't seen my daughter in seven years, is this a crime?" I sighed.

"Go away dad. Go back to your family and your team."

"Kendra, that's no way to treat your father."

"I don't really consider you a father."

"So beautiful, like your mother. You have her fashion sense. You also have her ability to hold a grudge."

"Dad, I am not having this conversation. So kindly, fuck off!" Brayden stepped in front of me.

"Sir, you need to leave Kendra and her mother alone. Everyone is in a good place, they are moving forward from all of the pain you caused"

"Who are you to speak to me like that?"

"I am someone who has helped your daughter put the pieces back together."

"I care about her so much."

"You never cared about me dad. You were a monster, and I was an accident. Go back to your real family, try not to fuck up those kids either." I said before stepping back from the door as the tears ran down my cheeks.

"Stay away from her." Brayden said before slamming the door. He wrapped his arms around me and held me. "It's okay, we will get through this."

In that moment, I knew I felt something for Brayden. Something very strong. It was just a matter of pushing past my fears and telling him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I will update next weekend, and maybe again before the 25th. Then I am off to a tournament and won't be able to update until first weekend in May, then I am away again after that.

**I love comments, so thanks! Please comment, and let me know if you like it and if this is worth writing. I will update twice before the 25th if you comment, more than one person**

Links:

Bedroom

Outfit