Bad Romance

As normal, I was dressed head to toe for my job. I was prepared for a long day on my feet in the sun and being around the crowed amusement park. Yes, I work at Walt Disney World as Alice from Alice in Wonderland. It's quite an amazing job to be honest. Everyday I get to entertain and put smiles on kids, parents, teens, and elders faces. I couldn't be happier with my job. It of course required a bit of acting, which I was a natural at. I acted perfectly as my part, more since this was my favorite Disney movie. Either way, playing this role was the highlight of my days.

It was only around 1pm when I spotted a large group of what society would call "punks". A few times if someone had tattoo's "Alice" would act surprised and interested in them. Which in fact I really was. Tattoo's were so beautiful but I am too scared to get one. I hate needles. Anyways, I knew something was different about this group when I spotted a tall one. Who would have known my life would be changed forever because of him.

"Look! It's Alice!" I hear someone shout.

I turn my head around, beaming an Alice worthy smile at the group of men.

"I heard my name?" I curtsy politely at them. The tall one smirks wide down at me.

Quickly a shorter ginger pushes through, "Can I have a picture with you?" he exclaims.

"Why of course sir!" I reply, letting his arm graze around my waist while his friend snaps a picture of us. He gives me a thank you and I am guessing he begins to put the photo on Instagram.

Suddenly I get nervous when the tall one approaches me. Time to pull off some acting Nix, I tell myself.

"Oh my!" I exclaim loudly, grabbing his arm inked with a wonderful sleeve, "You have the ocean on your arm!" I look up at him with worried eyes.

He laughs, "They are tattoo's." he replies.

"Tattoos?" I question. He nods. "Well my, my. That is fascinating!" I pause and smile at him, "Y'know one time I cried so much I created a ocean." I tell him.

He chuckles, his eyes spark against the sun and I notice how dark and deep they are. "If only I could have been there to dry your eyes."

My face turns a light pink and I remove my hand from his arm. I'm at lost for words. I nearly let my act go down before I finally compose myself.

"How polite.. what is your name sir?"

"Austin." he grins and his teeth are shiny and white.

I give him a small nod before one of his other friends asks for a picture. Soon enough I take a group picture with all his friends. Ironically Austin gets put right next to me.

A few of his group wanders off. A small blonde hair girl runs up to me, her father right behind her.

"Alice!" she yells and I pick her up.

"Why hello there." I smile as she hugs my neck tightly.

"I'm Kenadee!" she exclaims.

Her father, covered in tattoo's, begins talking to Austin. I'm guessing they know each other. Me and Kenadee carry on a conversation for awhile before her father has us part ways. Seeing kids like that make me slowly forget my miserable childhood.

"You are great with kids." Austin's voice startles me.

"I try." I reply.

"Can I have your real name?"

"A true actress never gives anyone more than her stage name." I reply sweetly.

He grins again, "Come on."

"Nixan."

"Never heard of that." he scrunches his nose.

"Not many people have."

There's a short pause between us, "Nixan could I see you again?"

"I work from noon till closing everyday besides Friday through Sunday." I tell him with a smirk on my lips.

He shakes his head, "I'll just have to get a season pass then." he says before walking off to join his group.

I don't think I have ever felt that way while speaking to a man. Or anyone. I don't know what the feeling was or is. I can't decode why I feel this way for a complete stranger. But most of all I want to know why I want him to turn around and look at me one last time with those eyes. Maybe it's because I'm afraid I might not ever seen those eyes again or that I know they'll break me more than ever someday.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think?