Bad Romance

"I hope you know I hate you Alan." I tell the ginger as I straighten my tie in front of the mirror.

"Oh come on man. It'll be fun." he pats my back before leaving the room.

I roll my eyes. Alan and his girlfriend, Maddie, have set up a double date for us. I have no clue who the girl is. Probably one of Maddie's annoying friends. Alan said Maddie and her live together at their apartment. Apparently she's one of Maddie's best friends. So more and likely she will be annoying and boring. It's not that I don't like Maddie it's just we are very different and she always tries to set me up with all the wrong women.

"Hurry up!" Alan yells from the other room.

I grunt and grab my phone before slipping it into my back pocket, "Chill out ginger." I scowl at him before we leave out the door of my house.

On the way to Maddie's apartment I can't help but wonder what this girl will be like. I hope she isn't really tall. I hate tall girls. I hope she isn't a fan girl or something. Maddie set me up with a fan once and it was awkward as hell. I'm so focused on this damn date I run a red light.

"Austin!" Alan screams and nearly shits himself.

I laugh and make a right turn, "Yolo."

That starts Alan on a rant about safe driving. Times like this I question our friendship.

As we walk up the stairs to Maddie's apartment I decided to ask Alan a question, "So do you know anything about her?" I ask.

"Not really. Maddie says she cute and little." he shrugs.

Cute? Little? What is she a toddler? My palms begin sweating when we reach the floor of their apartment. I feel so stupid being a grown man and being nervous for a fucking dumb date with some stupid girl. Seriously what is getting to me? I could really use a drink.

Shortly after Alan knocks Maddie appears and hugs Alan like they haven't seen each other in years. This is so gross. I wait awkwardly behind Alan as they makeout.

"You guys are so gross!" I hear a high pitched yet soft little voice.

Maddie pulls away from Alan, "Shut up Nixan!" she yells.

"Nixan? I exclaim before peeking into the door way. None other than the very same big green doll like eyes I was introduced to at Disney Land a month or so ago.

"Austin." she gasps and steps back.

"Alan why didn't you tell me it was her?"

"Dude I didn't know." he defends himself.

"You guys know each other?" Maddie asks.

We are all standing in the middle of their apartment now, "We met at Disney Land." I explain.

Nixan's eyes are even more wide than they normally are. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I look at her figure and take her in. She looks much different that she did the day I first met her. Instead of blonde hair she has midnight brown hair straight as a board. Her eyes are covered in dark makeup and lips painted with a blood red. Her body is covered in a dark green dress with black converse snugly fit to her small fit. She almost looks like a little elf it's quite adorable.

"Well this is awkward." she squeaks out nervously.

How fucking cute is this girl?

Finally everyone is less confused and we head off on our double date. And damn might I say Alan was right after all. This was going to be fun. I couldn't help but smile at Nixan as she has to skip along side of me, her dress flowing behind her. She's so small compared to me. I tuck a strand of her long hair behind her ear which is covered in several piercings. Just when I thought she couldn't get anymore perfect she looks up at me and her eyes shine. They shine with so much passion I think it is supposed to scare me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you vonhejibergen, Benjamin Paul Bruce, & PTVTea for the supportive comments so early in the story!

P.s. I might be putting more of Mitch & Kenadee in the story soon♥