‹ Prequel: Royal Blood
Status: Third part.

Young Blood

Getting the Routine

Justin
I sit in my first hour bored already. I keep looking at the door hoping that Aaron will walk in, but he doesn't. He told me he won't be here until second hour. I shift in my seat again. The bell is five minutes from ringing, and I already feel like running through the doors.

This is the first day coming to school as a clan vampire. I thought I would be okay because I was around other humans for a little bit before coming back. Then again I was around Nichole and Cain. I had forgotten that being around your clan may alter your judgement about something. Of course, I can only hear Nichole's thoughts. Knowing that I scan to see if she is listening by chance.

She is paying close attention to me, but she isn't reading my thoughts. At first, I wasn't completely used to being able to fight like I can. Danny randomly take me on last night. I guess he just wanted to know how much I can take. In fact, I'm still sore from that. He did overpower me, but he was impressed.

The bell rings making me jump out of my seat and dash to my next class as quickly as possible. Well, I was running at human pace. If I was going to move as fast as I can, then I would give away my secret, wouldn't I?

"Justin," a girl calls making me turn to look at her.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"How about you and me skip next hour?" she says stepping closer to me. "We can make beautiful babies in the closet."

I roll my eyes and shake my head. I walk through the doorway. I go back to my desk. I look over to the door as the beautiful red-headed boy walks through the door. I smile as he comes back to sit next to me. He smiles at me as he turns to around.

"So how is the new house?" he asks.

"It's nice. Nichole loves it. The boys should be unpacking as we speak. I am still tired. I was over there all night helping with Cain and Alex. Nichole wanted me as company if Cain or Alex were busy. Danny decided to take me on last night," I explain.

"That's good. When do I get to come over?" he asks. He gives me a look of hope. "You know I haven't seen Nichole is such a long time."

"Aaron, I don't know. Nichole wants to see you. She really does, but we have all agreed that I won't bring you over until we have the house fixed. Tensions are running high," I mutter. "Danny isn't too happy living with Dillon in the next room, and you know how Dillon is. Hyper, easily distracted, and gets into any trouble he can find."

"What about Samuel?" he asks.

"Sam is fine. Nichole adores him. He always helps in situations. Even Danny likes him," I mutter.

"Oh, my! I must see this myself," he laughs.

Cain
"Danny, shut up," I growl. "I know that you don't want to be roomed next to Dillon. I just suggest that you move into a different room."

Danny doesn't say anything. He just shakes his head and leaves the kitchen. I return to cooking lunch for all of us. I hear steps behind me. I know who is it just by the steps. It's all too familiar to me. "Lunch won't be ready until an hour," I say turning to look at Nichole.

"I figured. I just wanted to come down here and keep you company," she says with a gentle smile. "It's lonely when Alex is helping with the unpacking."

I nod. "You're letting him unpack. You know how we are. We don't want you lonely. That's why we are a clan," I point out.

"Yeah, but it will only take longer for them to unpack everything. If we get this done sooner, then I can have more time with all of you," she says.

I get a big smile on my face knowing that she is right. I guess it is best not to disturb to 'workers'. I have already pulled that joke at them. They didn't like that very much. Of course, if Nichole made it, they wouldn't have been as mad.

I look at her. Her stomach has yet to poke out like it will. She is still small. I can only wonder if she will have a big stomach or not. I guess we won't find out until later. That's the thing about clan vampire pregnancies you can never plan it out. In some people it may last only two months because the baby grows faster. There was one who was in the womb for two years because she was growing so slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it has been a long time. I had been so blocked at this story. I just didn't know what to do. I don't plan on giving it up. I had just gotten so stuck on this story that I didn't know what to do. Then in third hour, an idea hit me. It wasn't big, but hey, I worked with it a little bit. Tell me what you think. <3