‹ Prequel: Royal Blood
Status: Third part.

Young Blood

Feels Natural

Nichole
I watch as Cain cleans up our meal. I want to help, but he just tells me that he can handle it. I glare at him and say, "Cain, I can clean up a table just fine. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean that I'm completely useless. I can do things."

"I get that, Nichole. I'm just overprotective," he says. "Besides I don't mind looking after you."

"Cain, you are so cheesy. I think you should go help the guys unpack. I'm stealing Alex away from them for a little walk in the garden," I say standing up. "I don't like just lazying around all day."

I walk through the halls to see Alex moving a dresser across a room. He seems to be preoccupied, but I don't mind pulling him away from Danny, Dillon, and Jett. They don't mind me doing that because, well, I'm their queen. I can do as I please.

"Alex," I say with a smile. He looks up and sees me. He gives me a big smile. "Let's go for a walk."

"Well, guys, I have somewhere I need to be," he says walking towards me. "With much better company."

I laugh as I lead him to the garden. He reaches over and grabs my hand. I welcome the pressure. We walk in silence until we reach the little bench that we bought earlier that week. I was happy with this place. It was nice and homey. It wasn't too far from New York City, but it was far enough out that you didn't have to hear all the busy cars passing by every hour of the day.

"So, why did you take me away from work?" Alex asks.

"Did you really want to help them? I mean, if you wanted to stay and listen to Danny and Dillon fight, then go right back to that," I say teasing him.

"I didn't say I wanted to go back," he says holding his hands up. "I just wanted to know what has gotten into your mood. Or should I ask who?"

"Alex! We both know that I have a baby inside of me. I think we know someone has gotten inside of me. I just wanted to be with you," I reply. I elbow him playfully.

"Oh, har har. You're very funny," he says leaning in next to me.

Being out in the garden with him is that something that will easily become a favorite of mine. He always has a smile on his face. He always has a joke or something to say to make you happy. He has always been friendly to everyone. I can only wonder how great of a dad he will be to this child.

Cain, Alex, and I have agreed to not wonder who the dad is. We are pretty sure that it is Alex's because of the timing, but you can never know until I have the baby. I can only wonder if it is going to be a boy or a girl. That is my main curiosity. I don't care who the father is because they are both great people who will still raise the child like their own even if it turns out to be the other one's child.

"I think that your sarcasm knows no bounds, sir," I say lacing through my own sarcasm.

"Oh, I have the sarcasm problem? I think you should think about things before you say them," he says laughing.

I smile knowing that I have a keeper. Actually I have two keepers. I'm very happy with both. I never thought in a million years that I would have a wonderful guy like Cain, let alone a guy like Cain and a guy like Alex. From an outside perspective it would seem like I'm a whore or a slut because I have two guys. To me it seems natural to have two guys. Not only that I have a clan that has became my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know that this is short, but I am having such a hard time thinking of new ideas for the story. I think it's because I have moved away from the vampire stories for so long that I have to get back in the groove. I have been writing slash for so long now that it's just easier for me to write. I remember the time that this was the easiest thing for me to write. I got comfortable in the slash and shifter world that I have completely forgot about this. I apologize for that. I do plan on finishing this story. I really do, but when I'm finished with it, it will be that last vampire story that I do. Well, strictly vampire. I have been so stuck on the story especially with Nichole. I don't know why. If there are any of you that wants to help me, please message me your ideas. I would be grateful for the help. I just realize that this is going to be a long author's note. Anyways, tell me what you think. <3