Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter Twenty-One

Aria’s POV:

I wake up and I have no idea where I am. I look around and notice all my brothers bleeding after being tortured. I go to help them but I realize I can’t move something is holding me back. I look and I am chained to a wall. I scream and the same guy from my dream earlier comes in and laughs.

“I told you sweetheart you can’t run from me and since you tried to they will pay the price” he sneers.

“No don’t touch them” I growl. The laugh he gives me is pure sinister.

“You all really shouldn’t have separated sweetheart it made you more vulnerable.”

“How the hell do you know about that” I say confused.

“Because I’m the one who gave Trent those dreams and he fell for them” he laughs.

“Fuck you go to hell” I yell at him and then he pulls out a cat-of-nine-tails whip. It’s got 9 different straps with silver laced wolfs bane nails on the end of each strap. He pulls the whip back and with as much force he can whips me on my back. I go to scream out but nothing comes out.

“Look at what you made me do sweetheart” he says. I look up and he pulls out a gun and starts shooting my brothers one by one. I don’t know where I get the strength from but I am able to pull the chains out of the wall and move to attack him. He laughs his sinister laugh and everything fades away and I am left standing in my room. I feel like I am not in control of my own body like I can’t control my power. I feel like I want to rip something or someone to pieces. I make my way out of my room and down the stairs fighting for control.

Sam’s POV:

I walked up the stairs to check on Aria and she is still sleeping. I can't help but think of Aria as my little sister. She has done so much for me and has been there for me and she's only known me for a few weeks. She puts on this tuff girl act but when she's with us she is the sweetest goofball ever. Besides her and Cole are almost joined at the hip they take care of each other.

As I enter the living room everyone is watching tv but are on edge. Conner has Jade in his lap sitting next to Cole, Max, Chad, and Chase. Olivia is sitting next to Crissy who is sitting on Nick's lap. Nick looks like he wants to be with the others and sitting next to him are Xavier and Alex.

"Okay what did I miss" I say to everyone.

"They think that if something happens with Aria from now on we need to stay out of it" Jade growls. Boy is she pissed.

"It should be that way because they are her mates not any of you" Olivia says and Crissy agrees with her.

Nick then says "I don't agree" and he picks Crissy up off his lap sets her on the couch and walks over to sit next to Cole. "There are things about her you don't know or understand yet" he says trying to make them understand.

"We will learn but you will back off" Xavier grinds out.

Just as I'm about to jump in I hear someone on the stairs. I look up and it's Aria but she doesn't look okay.

"Aria what's wrong" I ask her.

"Max" is all she says before she starts shaking.

"Max, Aria needs you" I say not taking my eyes off of her. Before Max can even stand Xavier and Alex at in front of Aria and Olivia is trying to keep Mac away. Shit this is not good.

"Sweetheart what's wrong you need to relax" Alex says.

"What did you just call me" Aria says getting more furious. "Don't ever call me that again" she says starting to shake even harder.

"Tell us what is wrong so we can fix it" Xavier says.

As she reaches the bottom of the stairs she is just about in Xavier and Alex's faces. "If I knew what was wrong I would tell you, but since I don't know and you don't know me how, my mates, are you going to "fix" it" she says getting even angrier.

I notice that her eyes are starting to change and the room is getting hotter.

"Max you need to get to her now" I yell.

Jade and Cole grab Olivia and Nick grabs Crissy, freeing Max to come help. As soon as he is within distance Alex shifts into his wolf form and charges at Max. Out of nowhere a wolf and black jaguar, who I realize are Chad and Chase, jump and knock Alex down and fight to hold him, which isn't going so well seeing as Alex is a prince so he is stronger than them.

I turn around just in time to see Xavier jump to attack him as well but Conner jumps in and starts fighting and wrestling him. Max is finally able to get to Aria but as soon as he does her hands catch fire and it doesn't look good.

"Aria listen to my voice" Max tells her.

"Max I'm scared this is worse than the first time" she cries. At the sound of her cry everyone freezes. Olivia and Crissy stop struggling and Alex and Xavier stop fighting.

"I know Babygirl but listen to my voice and try to do as I say okay."

"I'll try."

"I want you to find that door or that room from last time remember" he says talking about the first time she went through something like this.

"Yes, AGH" she screams and squeezes her eyes shut. All of a sudden there is thunder and lighting outside that rattles the house and the rain is coming down heavily.

"Aria, Babygirl, listen I need you to pull that power in for me" Max pleads.

"I can't" she sobs.

"Yes you can I know you can. Damn it Aria you’re stronger than this. Use your animal, vampire, and demon side to pull your power in" he demands.

Slowly the rain dies down and the room isn't so hot anymore but she still doesn't have all of it reeled in.

"I'm going to walk to you now okay" Max says as he approaches her with caution. Aria nods and stands completely still.

As Max stands in front of her he puts his hand on her arm just as he did the first night they met. And just like the first night Aria collapses into his arms and cries. Max slides down to the floor with his back against the wall and holds her while she cries.

I take a look at the room behind me and everyone is like frozen in the spot just staring at them not knowing what happened. No one wants to be the first to ask questions and yet everyone wants answers. I look back as Aria raises her head with tears still streaming down her face and says to Alex and Xavier "I'm sorry please don't hate me." Xavier runs to her falling in his knees and taking her from Max, Alex shifts back and is not too far behind him. They wrap her in their arms and I hear Xavier say "we could never hate you, you have nothing to be sorry for love."

"Yeah we are the ones who are sorry. We should have let Max help you from the beginning but we are your mates and we couldn't help but want to be the ones to help you" Alex says kissing her on the head.

"I understand but can you just take me to bed I want to rest. I'll explain everything tomorrow" Aria whispers.

Xavier stands up to carry her to bed when she grabs Alex's hand pulling him with them. "I need cuddle time" she whispers. Those of us who know what her cuddle time is can't help but all chuckle. They go up to her room, well I guess it is now their room, and are not seen the rest of the night.

I turn back to face the others and Olivia and Crissy are crying.

"I am so sorry everyone, I'm sorry Max" Olivia says crying.

"I am too everyone, and I'm so sorry Nick" Crissy says also crying.

"I think I speak for everyone that you are forgiven, but we need some space" Max says. With that he, Nick, Jade, Conner, Chad, and Chase all leave the living room and leave the house.

"I forgive you as we'll, but don't you ever put my sister in danger again" Cole growls his warning and then walks out to follow the others.

I look at the girls and I don't feel sorry for them at all. They saw the way we take care of each other they should have known we would do anything for each other. With that thought I walk out to join my mate and what has become my family.

Xavier’s POV:

‘I can’t believe we caused her more pain’ Alex says holding on to Aria’s hand.

‘I know but it was instinct we are princes’ we are more protective and possessive than even an alpha is’ I say trying to justify our actions, but it doesn’t make me feel any better I still feel like shit.

‘We should’ve just trusted them that they knew what they were doing’ he says and I can hear his wolf and panther whimpering. I look and see that Aria still has silent tears running down her face.

I pick up the pace to the room. As I enter I can’t help but admire it the walls are a deep red with a black trim and artic blue stars faded in. I look and the bed in the middle of the room is huge and it has red and black sheets and comforter. As I reach the bed to lay her down she doesn’t let go of me or Alex.

“We aren’t going anywhere okay let us take off our shoes and we will lay with you okay love” I say to her.

“Okay” she whispers and crawls to the middle of the bed and gets under the covers. Alex and I quickly remove our shoes and climb in bed we me on her left and Alex one her right. It is now that I realize she is wearing a spaghetti strap and some really short shorts and can’t help but be turned on. But then I notice something on her wrist and before I get a good look she puts her arms under her pillow and it isn’t long after she is asleep.

“Hey did you notice the marks or tattoos whatever they are on her wrist” I whisper to Alex.

“Yeah but I never saw them before it’s like they just appeared” Alex whispers back. Both of us curious carefully pick up her pillow and look at her wrists. Alex and I both gasp as we see the marks on her wrist.

“How does she have marks we aren’t mated yet” Alex whispers surprised.

“I have no idea” I say. As we stare at them they slowly fade away as if nothing was ever there.

“What the hell” we say in unison looking at Aria and then each other.