You Keep Me Safe and I Will Keep You Wild

Things Could Get Messy

Evgeni’s POV
“Evgeni,” she cried into the phone.
“Kodi what’s wrong?”
“My dad, he collapsed and they are taking him to hospital.”
“Ok wait, I be yours soon.”

Being around Kodi was a hard sometimes. She liked to fight a lot and no matter how much you tried she continued to push away thinking she could do it on her own.

There was always signs of hope and getting closer to her dad on my behalf was a good thing. She fought less with him and her dad was beginning to see what kind of person his daughter could really be.

One night he told me how he had begun to lose hope in her because she was forever going out drinking and never sorting herself out but once she met me that she had stopped all that. Which was true she seemed to be a little calmer but she still had moments that I knew would eventually go away. I had faith.

I had faith of course until now. I had dreaded this moment for weeks because I couldn’t help but think that she would run, that she would drink again and push me away for good.

But when I pulled up to her house and she ran down the stairs and straight into my arms I thought maybe it would be ok between us.

I held her as she cried and shook hysterically in my arms.
“Come on,” I picked her up and put her in the passenger seat of my car.
“Don’t let me go,” she begged as I tried to pull away.
“Ok, ok, it’s ok,” I stayed holding her waiting for her to be ok with me letting her go.

“You ok?” I looked down as she held tightly onto my jacket and buried her face into my chest.
“For now,” so I helped buckle her in as her hand was too shaky to do it herself.

I kept one eye on the road and the other on her. I was worried, I was more worried about her then her dad as hard as that was to say but it was true. She was the kind of person that would hurt herself and if I couldn’t stop that from happening then I would only blame myself forever. I wouldn’t be able to live with letting her down.

She couldn’t have climbed out of the car any faster as I put the car in park.
“Kodi wait,” I locked the car and ran after her.

“Please my dad, I need to know if he is ok,” she cried to the nurse who looked so helpless at the desk.
“Kodi,” I grabbed her but she didn’t care if she made a scene she wanted to see her dad.

“What is his name?” the nurse asked turning to her computer screen.
“Andrews,” I spoke for her thinking if I held her that I could shield her from the pain but I was soon to realize that wasn’t going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short one guys, hope you's are liking this story too