You Keep Me Safe and I Will Keep You Wild

Could Life Possibly Get Any Worse?

Evgeni’s POV
I hadn’t heard from Kodi in over a day and it only worried more and more as the hours went on. The guys tried to distract me but nothing was seeming to help, not matter how much I wanted to laugh at one of their jokes or something they did I just couldn’t.

I headed to the hospital in hope to find her there instead I was greeted with exactly what I had been dreading. His room was empty, not empty because they had moved him but empty with an eerily silence.
“Excuse me,” I stopped the nurse who walked by.
“Yes what can I do for you sir?”
“Uh the man,” I pointed to the empty room.
“Oh he passed away last night,” she looked in the room with sad eyes.
“What about his daughter? She ok?”
“She was quiet upset, one of her friends came to get her to watch out for her.”
“Ok thank you,” I ran off.

God only knows what Kodi was capable of doing and I could only think the worst.

“Kodi!” I knocked on her door hoping and praying she would answer.
“Go away.”
“No Kodi I not leave.”
“Yes you will just like my dad, you will leave!”
“I not! Please open the door.”

She was quiet for a few moments and I finally felt like I could breathe when the door opened.
“Kodi,” I sighed in relief but that was before I actually got a look at her.

“What have you done?!” I grabbed her hand so I could see all the cuts up her arm.
“Don’t baby me,” she pulled her arm away.
“I not, I worry,” I followed her into the kitchen.
“I don’t need you to worry about me,” she walked over to the other side of the bench.
“But want to,” I was trying to stay calm.
“Why in this world would you want to worry about someone like me?” she looked disgusted at the idea.
“Because I love you!” I yelled.
“Well I don’t want you to care... wait what?” she stopped all of sudden, “you love me?”
“Yes,” I admitted sheepishly.
“Well stop,” she pushed me, “just stop now,” the anger returned and she continued to push me to the door, “you and I together is just wrong. You can’t be with someone like me.”
“And why not?!” I turned around catching her off guard.
“Because…”
“No reason.”
“Because I can’t do relationships, I can’t love someone like you can,” she was trying to so hard not to cry.
“And why not?’
“BECAUSE I CAN’T! JUST LEAVE!”

Kodi’s POV
I don’t even know why I was pushing him away. I really wanted him to just hold me and let me know everything was ok but I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t let someone into my life right now, not while I was so messed up.

My life was already so fucked up I didn’t need to drag someone else a long with me. Evgeni was a perfect human being and I wasn’t about to let him ruin his life because of me. He could have anyone in the world and he was choosing me? It was wrong.

He deserved someone who would be there for him no matter what just like he was. He deserved someone who would love him and support him in every aspect of his life. Not me.

I couldn’t handle this though, why did I just kick him out? He was probably never going to talk to me again. Maybe there could be a small chance in this world that we could work out.

I grabbed my phone and called him but as I thought he didn’t answer, “Evgeni I am sorry about pushing you away I don’t know what I am doing right now but I hope that you can forgive me because I really do need you and as much as I hate to admit it I need you I know I can’t live without you, I am sorry… I- I love you.”

He wasn’t going to answer right and I respected that so I opted for going to bed hoping it would make me feel better.

“You screw up all the time,” I sighed falling back into my pillows. The house was too quiet. I had never felt more alone in my life. My dad was gone and Evgeni, I didn’t know if he was ever going to talk to me again.

It was in those next few moments that everything kind of just blended together. Evgeni’s name showed up on my screen so I answered but it wasn’t him.
“Hi Kodi this is Sergei, Evgeni’s friend. He was in a car accident.”
“What? Is he ok?” my heart almost stopped.
“I don’t know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys I know nothing usually happens to Evgeni but Kodi is one stubborn son of a gun and she has to know how much she really does love and need him