Status: Going through the editing process.

Closer

Through Thick and Thin

Avery

I ran to the kitchen and saw Matt enveloping his mom in a hug. She was bawling her eyes out. Panic and fear settled deep down in my stomach. Something’s wrong. I stood there and watched it all unfold. Matt let go of his mom and rigidly walked to his room and slammed the door.

I looked over to his mom for explanation. “His dad is dead.” She whispered through cracked lips. My hand flew to my mouth. “I’m sorry.” I told her in a soothing voice. I walked over to Matt’s closed door. “It’s Avery. Can i come in?” I asked quietly.

No answer. I cracked open the door. I saw Matt sitting at the edge of his bed, staring out the window. I opened the door all the way and stepped inside. I quietly shut it behind me. I slowly walked over to him. One foot in front of the other. Before I could reach out and touch his shoulder, he said, “It’s funny how your life can change so quickly.” “How did it happen?” I asked him, touching his shoulder.

“I don’t know. Doesn’t matter. It doesn’t change the fact he’s gone.” He said, monotone. How was he not freaking out right now? I walked around to where he was looking out the window. I got on my knees and looked him straight in the eyes. I couldn’t tell if he was about to burst or if he was going to pass out. He was scaring me.

“Don’t shut me out.” I stroked his cheek. “I’m not shutting you out. I’m just thinking.” His eyes flickered between mine and the window. I took both his hands in mine. “Whatever happens, I’m right here.” I assured him. “Avery,” He started. Uh oh. A million questions raced through my mind. What’s he going to say? Is he going to tell me to go away?

“I love you. Whatever we encounter, I’ll always know you’re there by my side. I want you to know the same. I’ll be there through thick and thin with you.” He kissed my lips softly. “We can make it through this because, I love you too.”

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I finished! Should there be a sequel? ;) Let me know! I want to thank everyone who read this! More stories to come everyone <3333