Status: Going through the editing process.

Closer

Avery Flirting? Unbelievable

Avery

The next day I made sure to dress cute. I put on a floral skirt, and a pink v-neck. I slipped on my toms and straightened my hair. I know it’s stupid to dress up for a guy, but, I need Matt to know that I’m going with him to the dance. Julie told me she didn’t have any feelings for him, so I decided I should go.

I grabbed my backpack and headed outside. Julie gets to drive today, which is going to lead to a headache. She slams on her brakes all the time. I slid into the passenger seat and patiently waited. Julie barged out and dumped all of her shit in the trunk. She huffed as she sat into the drivers seat. “What’s up?” I asked.

“My hair has JGF written all over it, my good clothes are dirty, and I’m starving.” She wailed. I sat there processing her words. “What’s JGF?” I asked innocently. She glanced over at me with a smirk on her face. “Just Got Fucked.” She turned back and continued driving. “Oh.” I said quietly.

We arrived at school five minutes before the bell rang. We ran to our first class, and made it just in time. My morning classes and lunch went by in a blur. By fifth period, I felt the butterflies starting to form. I took my time walking to class. I stopped by the bathroom to fluff my hair and fix my skirt.

I barely walked through the doorframe when I heard a whistle. Make that two whistles. Both were from Matt. He was sitting back in his seat, grinning at me. I grinned back at him. His eyes lit up instantly, turning a fiery green. Everyone in class was giving me weird looks as I made my way to my seat, all the way in the back beside Matt.

“You are looking mighty fine today.” He was flirting, big time. I whipped my head around to look at him. A slow grin spread across my face. “You don’t look so bad yourself.” I said, casually. He brushed his fingertips across my arm. The same electric current i experienced yesterday, ran through me again. Only this time, it was stronger.

“So does this mean your going to that dance with me?” He continued rubbing my arm. “If you keep that up I will.” I said in a sultry voice. “Oh, I’d be willing to do anything for you.” His voice was velvet now. I looked over at him and studied him. He looked like he was about to burst.

One word: HOT.

I bit my lip. He took his hand off of my arm and covered his face. “Please don’t do that in school.” He groaned. “I can’t help it.” I said, returning back to my normal self. “You could if you knew what I was thinking right now.” He leaned back and his eyes slowly traveled over my body.

I closed my eyes and tried to slow my breathing. What am I doing? I’m basically two steps away from having sex with this guy in Yearbook class. I feel like a porn star. You’re only flirting, chill. I opened my eyes and looked over at Matt. He was still looking at me like I was underneath him in bed. “The dance is going to be fun.” I said, trying to change the subject.

“Yeah it is!” Matt exclaimed and sat up. I smiled at him and concentrated on the assignment we were given twenty minutes ago. “Seven okay?” He asked me. “Huh?” I questioned back. “To pick you up? Is seven okay?” He asked seriously. “Yeah, yeah that’s fine.” I replied.

“The dance is this Friday right?” He keeps asking me all these questions! “Yep.” I answered back and hoped he would stop talking to me. I need to finish this assignment. “What, so you flirt with me and get me all worked up, in school might I remind you, then you throw up your walls?” He asked, anger lacing his voice.

“I need to get this assignment done. So do you.” I snapped at him. He held up his hands. “Okay then.” After that remark he went to work and didn’t bother me for the rest of the period.