Status: I usually don't do oneshots, and this is my first so don't judge too hard? <3

Sweet Sixteen

One-Shot

Alex could not believe it was his daughter’s sixteenth birthday already. It seemed yesterday Lisa was chasing her around backstage and she’d run onstage in her little pink, princess dress. Though she still got giddy whenever her father would bring her onstage in front of all the fans; having a rock star dad was pretty kick ass. Alex would often sing her to sleep, or play her favourite songs on his acoustic whenever she was having a bad day. The girl had picked up a passion for music from her father and uncles. She still felt weird whenever someone would ask for pictures with her or her autograph; she wasn’t the famous one, that was her dad.
The little blonde was getting ready in her room when Alex knocked on the door gently.
“Sidney?” He asked, pushing the door open just a tad.
“Wait, wait! I’m not ready yet!” Said a little voice from inside. He chuckled as he heard her footsteps running around her room, finally pausing for a moment. “Okay, come in.”
Alex stepped into the purple room. It had posters plastered everywhere; All Time Low, Blink 182, You Me At Six, Sleeping With Sirens, Cassadee Pope, almost everyone that Alex had ever toured with, even on Warped Tour. And of course, every single poster was signed and had a picture of the band with his daughter beside it. There was an especially big poster for her favourite band, Paramore, whom she had yet to meet. His eyes fell on his little girl, dressed up for her sweet sixteen party. She smiled crookedly, biting her lip.
“Do I look okay?” She asked, smiling nervously. She wore a cropped jean jacket over a spring, floral dress. Her hair fell in wavy, blonde curls around her face and she had her mother’s smile.
Alex nodded. “You look beautiful.” He said softly.
Sidney giggled and bounced in her place. “Good.” She said and slipped on a pair of white flip flops before she passed Alex as she waltzed downstairs.
Alex quickly followed her into the kitchen where the family waited. By family it meant Rian, Jack, Zack, Matt, Kara, Cassadee and Lisa. Sidney twirled in, her dress flying out as she did. Lisa smiled brightly as they embraced. Jack poked his head around Zack, completely interrupting the other male in the middle of the conversation.
“What is she wearing? Do you see that dress, ‘Lex? That dress is too short missy.” Jack said, arching a brow and putting a hand on his hip. “You are going upstairs and changing little miss Nee.”
The girl giggled and shook her head. “Nu-uh. C’mon Uncle Jacky, it’s fine. It’s cute!” She insisted.
“Hmph.” Jack said, flipping his hair ever-so dramatically as he looked away, crossing his arms over his chest. A small smile crept up Sidney’s lips as she rushed over to wrap her arms around her father’s best friend. It barely took a second for the skunk haired boy to give it and hug her back. He wrapped his arms around her and picked her up, spinning her around. “I’m just kidding, Happy Birthday, Nee.” He said, kissing the top of her head.
The group chuckled as everyone closed in on the two, creating a giant group hug. These group hugs always reminded Sidney of the group huddles the band would do before every gig.
A few hours later, and the Gaskarth’s back yard was filled with teenagers. Alex had opened the pool for them and the trampoline was out while Zack cooked up some dinner on the barbeque. While Sidney dashed upstairs to change into her bathing and show her two closest friends pictures from the latest tour, Alex, Jack, Zack and Rian assembled all their equipment and instruments and set up on a mini stage Matt had managed to rent for the party.
Sidney came back downstairs and out onto the patio to find all her friends gathered around the back of her yard. She tilted her head and weaved her way through the people to see the concert set up. A big smile rose on her face when she took in her father and her uncles ready to play.
“Alright, are you guys having fun?” Alex said into the microphone as he fiddled with his guitar a few more times. The group of teenagers cheered. “Well, that’s good.” He said, finally letting his guitar hang simply around his torso, grabbing the microphone with both hands. He looked directly at Sidney. “Happy Birthday, Kiddo. I love you.” He said with a smile before the band erupted into A Party Song.
They played a few more songs, a little shy of a full set when they fell silent. “Okay, okay.” Alex said into the mic, rubbing his head. “Now, there’s one more song, but we’re not singing it.” He said, trying to hold his grin. Sidney cocked her head, confused. “Ya see, it’s not our song, and I don’t think they’d like it they stole their song without permission so I’m just gunna let them sing it.” He said, backing away from the microphone so he could pull his guitar off. Alex spun to say something to Zack beside him when Sidney heard a voice beside her.
“Do you know who the next band is?” Sidney shook her head, pursing her bottom lip.
“I didn’t even know they were playing, let alone another band.” She answered, finally turning her head to the person beside her. Her jaw dropped; beside her stood her orange headed idol. Hayley Williams chuckled and tilted her head. “I think it’s Paramore.” She said. Sidney brought her hands up to her face to hide her wide-open smile as she looked from Hayley to her dad on stage. Alex had the biggest, proudest smile he ever wore. Sidney turned back around and Hayley hugged her before she bounced over to get up on stage. Alex smiled at his old friend as they hugged quickly before he let Hayley take his place, All Time Low coming off the stage.
“Hey guys, what’s up?” Hayley asked into the microphone, as she adjusted it. The crowd cheered again. “I figure y’all were good.” She said. She pulled away to fix the stand before it finally fell into the position. “Damn, Alex, you’re tall.” She laughed before looking back at the crowd. “So, I heard that you’re a pretty big fan of ours.” Hayley looked at Sidney, who nodded eagerly. “Well, we’re a pretty big fan of yours too. Happy birthday Sidney.” She said with a smile and a wink before they began to play her favourite song; That’s What You Get.
After they were finished, they came off and Sidney got to hang out with Jeremy, Hayley and Taylor for a bit before they left. She got a picture with them and they signed her poster to add to her wall. As they left, the sixteen year old bounced over to her dad. She jumped into his arms as he spun her around. “You are the best! I can’t believe you got them here for my birthday!” She squealed.
Alex chuckled. “Anything for you, kiddo.” He said with a smile as he set her down.
“This was the best birthday.” She said and smiled up at him. “Thanks Daddy.”
“Of course.” Alex nodded. Lisa came over to her two favourite people and they their arms around each other in a little group hug. Sidney wouldn’t ever forget this birthday.