Making Up.

Making up.

John felt like shit.

And Lucy could tell, she didn't ever really know what to do, she knew how to make him happy, but that didn't breakthrough to his dark place, she was the morning light he always said to his shot in the dark, they didn't argue, but when he was like this he was a a dick.

'Is there anything I can do, bake you anything, buy you something, give you something?' 'just leave me alone?' he grumped, 'ok-' she nodded, feeling a little hurt, she sat away from him not knowing what to say, 'I'm going to cook dinner soon, do you want your favourite?' 'I am not a fucking child alright?' 'ok-' she gulped, heading back to the kitchen she began cooking it anyway, in vain hope.

Lucy placed dinner in front of them, 'thank you' he muttered under his breath, he was a little happy she'd done it anyway, she nodded, keeping quiet, 'bad day?' 'I just can't find inspiration at all, and the guys were all dicks, it's just infuriating!' his fork hitting the plate, 'can we go to bed-' 'I can't, my time-' 'eurgh-' he grabbed his jacket, 'where are you going?' 'I don't fucking know, I just need to get the fuck out of here!' 'is it something I've done' 'no! just leave me alone for a bit alright?'

The bed felt cold without John beside her, it hurt being on her own, it was one of the first times he had left and still been in Arizona, he was usually on tour so much, but it felt weird knowing he was so close, and just so far, she tried to sleep without him, breathing in his scent on the pillows, knowing calling him, probably wouldn't help.

-

It was a few days before John even returned he smelt of cigarettes and whiskey, but he had a bunch of roses and a sorry face, she opened the door to him, 'I am so sorry darling, I was just so angry, and annoyed and I hate taking my issues out on you' 'I know, it's ok, I know how you get' he smiled, 'this is our home, are you going to join me in it?' he grinned, heading in.

Lucy put the roses in a vase, 'thank you, these are beautiful' she smiled, 'not as beautiful as their owner' she blushed, he loved it when she did that, 'I just get so caught up, and we've been together a year tomorrow, and I can't bare the thought of m being stupid enough to lose you' 'John, it's alright, I love you' she smiled, 'I know you love your work, it's your passion, like cooking is mine, both kinda arts, I get angry when my cupcakes sink' he grinned, kissing her softly, 'marry me?' 'I will'.

Resting on his chest once again felt pretty good, 'I missed this' she smiled tracing his tattoos, 'I am going to do my best to make sure you never have to miss this again' she smiled, 'I'm glad sweetheart' kissing him softly, he smiled, 'good'.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?