Making Up.

Beautiful Disaster.

Lucy sat on a rock, and pushed her sunglasses on to her head, ‘it’s a beautiful view’ she jumped placing a heart on her chest, ‘I’m sorry, are you ok?’ ‘fine, just didn’t hear you creeping up’ he laughed, ‘I’m John’ ‘I’m Lucy, is that a gun?’ ‘oh, fuck shit’ throwing it in the car, she backed off, ‘I just left high school, I have a family who love me, people will miss me’ ‘I’m not going to hurt you’ ‘what the fuck are you doing?’ ‘I’m in a band, I have a lot to lose’ ‘good’ John smiled, ‘I did look like an idiot, I’m sorry’ he grinned, ‘it’s ok’ she nodded, ‘why have you got a gun?’ ‘my dad hunting’ ‘eurgh’ ‘what?’ ‘killing things for pleasure, is just a touch psychopathic’ John smirked, ‘we’re getting on’ she smiled, ‘so, humans are next, gonna go back to my car, enjoy’ ‘no, come on, I’m not that bad’ John smiled, ‘I need to get home’ ‘it’s Summer, darling, no you don’t’ ‘you make me feel uncomfortable, I think I will’ John laughed, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘no problem’.

Jared laughed until eyes watered, ‘she said that?’ ‘she was really pretty too, and now thinks I’m some murderer’ ‘you had a gun in your hand!’ Jared laughed, ‘dammit, leave me alone’ Jared smirked, ‘what did she look like?’ ‘she was a redhead, 18, Lucy’ Jared nodded, ‘no idea’ John smiled, ‘she’s not a fan, or she would know, I did tell her I was in a band, thought it would help’ Jared smiled, ‘I’m sorry, I think it’s amusing someone thought you were going to kill them’ ‘she practically ran away’ ‘I’m sorry dude’ ‘she wouldn’t like me anyway, I don’t hunt cos I like it, I do it cos dad likes it’ Jared smirked, ‘you meeting a girl you like went well’ John laughed, ‘it did, god it was horrible’ Jared smiled, ‘maybe you’ll meet again and you’ll fix it’ ‘I hope so, or I don’t hope so, I don’t know’ Jared grinned, ‘you’ll be fine’.

-x-

John popped in for coffee seeing a blonde with a laptop in the corner a few weeks later, he smiled getting on tiptoes he fell over into a table, people looking up, ‘what on Earth’ she murmured coming over she helped him up, ‘are you, oh, it’s you’ John laughed, ‘I was checking if it was you and I fell over’ ‘your arm is bleeding’ someone passing a tissue as she wiped cold coffee off his face, ‘you ok, otherwise?’ ‘fine’ walking him to her table, John replacing her hand on small wound, ‘sorry’ ‘it’s ok’ ‘got back from Australia’ ‘cool’ he smiled, ‘where did you go?’ talking about australia she cleaned the wound and stuck a plaster, ‘sounds interesting, with your band?’ ‘indeed’ she nodded, ‘good, done any more murdering of innocent animals’ John choked on his coffee, ‘nope, my dad likes it’ ‘my dad hates mexicans, I don’t run border control’ John smiled, ‘I’m not a racist’ ‘my best friend is mexican’ she smiled, ‘serious?’ ‘indeed’ laughing a little.

'I'm sorry about what happened?' 'don't worry about it, you seem to have a disaster every time you meet me' John smiled, 'I do' Lucy smiled, 'are you at ASU?' 'I am, doing philosophy' 'I did philosophy for a couple of years, then the band' she nodded, 'what's your band like?' 'it's rock and roll' 'hmm, rock and roll's definition has changed' 'I know' 'I mean The Summer Set think they're rock and roll' raising her eyesbrows disbelievingly, John laughed, 'they're not, I think ours is more natural' 'cool' 'it's called The Maine' 'ahh' he laughed, 'I'm the writer' 'I tried when I was angsty' he laughed, 'I never lost it' 'well someone has to, and you have a talent you should share it' he grinned, 'you think?' 'I do think, in fact I'm beginning a degree in it' John laughed, 'good point' John buying more drinks and talking all afternoon.

John smiled walking with her to her car, ‘nice ride’ ‘thanks me and my dad fixed it up’ John smiled, ‘nice’ as she jumped the door, ‘love doing that’ John laughed, ‘do you need a ride, John?’ ‘I’m good, I’ll call’ ‘please do’ John grinned, ‘leave the gun at home, it’s not very you’ pulling out, he laughed to himself heading to Jared’s, ‘I met her again!’ ‘did it go better’ ‘I fell over a table’ Jared laughed, ‘it’s going awesome with this one, isn’t it?’ John smirked, ‘she’s worth the cuts and bruises’ Jared smiled, ‘18’ ‘and a beauty queen’ John sighed with a smile, ‘the whole feeling weak thing is your excuse for falling over’ ‘obviously’ laughing.

-x-

John met Lucy a few days later wandering around the lake in Phoenix, he held her hand, ‘so, good week?’ ‘yeah, really good’ talking about class and philosophy for a while and then his own work, talking about poetry and books for a while, ‘more LOTR’ ‘more Harry Potter, but they are really good books’ talking about fantasy then somehow politics, talking for a few hours sitting under a tree, ‘do you wanna get a boat or something?’ ‘sounds good, I can sail’ Lucy nodded, ‘good’ walking to the boat house down by the lake and getting a row boat, John helped her in and got himself in taking the oars and heading across the lake chatting as he paddled.

John stood up in the boat laughing, ‘see you can stand?’ ‘John the boat is swaying a little dangerously, ‘come on’ pulling her up, the boat rolling, ‘John’ ‘I am so sorry’ ‘I should have expected it’ John helping her in the boat, she sighed helping him in, rowing towards the shore and shoring, ‘I’m so sorry’ ‘back to my place, it’s closer’ he smiled, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘it’s fine’ squeezing her dress, ‘is it new’ ‘no’ ‘good’ taking her arm and heading for her car she put her cardigan on her seat and drove them to her apartment heading inside, ‘wanna take a shower?’ ‘I’d feel bad’ ‘with me then?’ he grinned, she smirked, ‘I’ll wear underwear, you can wait’ John laughed, ‘fine’ heading in the shower with him, ‘no offence’ ‘you can look’ Lucy smiled turning the warm water on, John washed her softly, helping her with her hair, ‘wanna watch movies and eat pizza?’ ‘good plan’ ‘no one can get hurt, drown, or be a murderer’ laughing.

John held her in his arms taking a slice, ‘I am sorry for being an idiot, I swear I would have given up’ ‘I like to see it as the course of love not running smooth’ John tangled fingers with hers, ‘I do love you, I hate it when I mess it up again and again’ Lucy kissed him softly, ‘I love you too, don’t worry’ kissing passionately John held her close kissing her neck softly, she swirled her hips against his jeans, she heard a rip, realising her sweats were ripped, John sighed, ‘we are a disaster’ ‘these were seven dollars, I’m not worried’ sliding them down, John grinned making love on her sofa, giggling, ‘you ok?’ ‘indeed’ ‘do you mind hickies?’ ‘I am now resigned to them’ John laughed, ‘good, cos they’re kinda purple’ ‘well I enjoyed them’ John grinned holding her pulling blankets over them, ‘we’ll work it out’ ‘we will’ snuggling into him.

-x-

6 months later:-

John grabbed her up kissing Lucy deeply, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you’ kissing him again, he held her hips, ‘Spring Break’ John grinned, ‘awesome’ she giggled, ‘I wanna spend my time with you’ ‘mutual my darling’ John blushed, ‘I wanna go home with you, but I have a show to do’ he pouted, ‘don’t worry, I can handle it’ ‘I know baby’ kissing again, ‘you go do the show?’ ‘I will rushing me off, support’ ‘sorry’ giggling, running his hands down her curves, ‘John’ Jared smiled at her coming over, ‘did you tell her?’ ‘tell me what?’ ‘I lost the pendant you gave me in California, I’ve tried looking for it’ ‘ok’ she nodded biting her lip, ‘that’s ok, it’s not a big deal’ ‘it is, cos it was your dad’s’ ‘it’s fine, it’s ok, it may even just turn up!’ John smiled, ‘are you sure?’ ‘yeah, yeah’ feeling very fucking upset indeed.

John snuggled into her, she wasn’t in it, ‘I’m sorry, it was an accident’ ‘I know’ feeling the ball in her throat, ‘it’s just a material thing, doesn’t matter’ snuggling into him, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ tracing his tattoo, ‘some people have real problens’ John laughed, ‘indeed baby, I wanna spend my life with you darling’ ‘I know, and you know I feel the same’ ‘I really missed you baby’ ‘I missed you too darling’ kissing deeply, ‘will you make pancakes’ ‘yes Johnny’ he grinned making love again loving when she went on top, he fell asleep holding her tight realising she was gone from them in the morning she brought through pancakes in her Coyotes jersey, ‘you’re the only ice hockey fan I know’ ‘good, cos then I’m the only one who can drag you to games’ ‘I quite like it’ ‘good, thank you’ eating breakfast together.

Lucy smiled getting the post noticing the small package she opened it, ‘get in’ John looked around, ‘what’s up?’ she passed him the package, ‘oh my god, thank god’ ‘can you not wear it maybe, keep it somewhere safe, your guitar strap on something’ he laughed, ‘I’ll keep it in my wallet’ ‘good’ kissing him deeply, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ they giggled, ‘I’m glad it turned up, it’s been 5 weeks’ ‘5 weeks!’ ‘I know’ she laughed, ‘oh, Johnny’ he grinned, ‘we do nothing but madness, when we get married, I’ll fall over my own feet, the cake will fall over, I’ll have a penis on my forehead’ she smiled, ‘you think we’ll get married?’ ‘I sure bloody hope so, I love falling in love with you, I find something new everyday, but it’s stressful’ ‘John, you’re a beautiful disaster’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ John blushed, ‘no problem’ kissing him quickly.

John smiled hearing her play guitar he had taught her in the bedroom, he grinned joining her sitting her on his lap, ‘I love hearing you play’ ‘I like you helping me more’ he grinned, ‘what’s this’ ‘nothing’ ‘have you been writing about me’ closing her book, he grinned stopping her, ‘oh, this is nice’ she blushed, John kissing her neck softly, ‘will you play it for me?’ ‘only if you do it for me?’ he grinned, ‘fine’ singing softly to some guitars she had made, she wiped his eyes, ‘you can have whatever you want?’ he grinned, ‘whoever she is?’ John smiled, ‘fine’ kissing his cheek, ‘you’re a darling’ ‘you’re my baby’ Lucy blushed, he grinned playing the song for her, ‘you’re staying in bed’ John grinned, ‘who knew?’ they giggled, making love.

-x-

3 years later:-

John smiled waking up next to his wife Lu, kissing her head softly, she smiled waking up, ‘how we can afford this room?’ she giggled, ‘I won the lottery’ ‘must have been quite a good win’ ‘it was’ he looked at her, ‘really?’ ‘hmm, I won about 500,000 dollars’ he looked at her, ‘serious’ passing him the letter, ‘that’s mad’ ‘I bought our house’ ‘the one we looked at but couldn’t’ ‘I don’t know how it happened, I was just laughing doing for it a joke then they came up’ ‘why didn’t you tell me?’ ‘cos, I wanted to tell you about the house’ John smiled, ‘so you bought the house?’ ‘I did’ ‘it’s the home we’re raising our family in, Mrs’ ‘we can go there now, but my parents are moving our stuff in’ John grinned, ‘serious?’ passing him the deeds, John hugged her, ‘we loved that house’ ‘we did, so I got it’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’.

John smiled getting to his new home, ‘this is amazing’ looking around he pulled on her hand, ‘this house is not for sale’ John spinning her on the wooden floors, she giggled, knowing she loved that song on love is hell, Lucy wandered to their bedroom, ‘I took care of this room myself’ he grinned going inside with her, John smiled, ‘it’s lovely’ kissing her deeply, ‘what have you done with the rest of the money?’ ‘it’s in my account, there’s 200000’ John nodded, ‘amazing’ ‘I don’t know what to do, but I have a job with you, so it will be nice as times can be a little tough still’ he grinned, ‘yeah’ he smiled, ‘you did good with it’ ‘and I wanna begin a trust fund when they’re born so’ John smiled, ‘yeah, I’m sorry I didn’t help’ ‘we wouldn’t have any money to buy the ticket John’ he grinned, ‘so it’s a bit mine’ ‘a little bit’ laughing, ‘makes me feel better’ ‘good, now we are going to test our marital bed?’ John grinned.

they lived happily.