Making Up.

A Little Patience.

John smiled sitting across from her, she was a blonde and a little awkward, her blue eyes smiled at him, ‘you ok?’ ‘I’m good’ ‘good, first day of tour’ ‘I noticed’ ‘I’m wonderful at conversation clearly’ he laughed, ‘I’m not big on small talk either, don’t worry’ she laughed, ‘I am here for the ride, I’m looking forward to it’ ‘you won a competition you have no need to pressure yourself, just sell shirts’ she laughed, ‘indeed, know much about Alberqueque?’ ‘as much as you do darling’ she smiled, ‘darn, I’ll think of something’ ‘what do you do Lucy?’ ‘I did a degree in comics and illustration, at Colorado Boulder’ he smiled, ‘that’s cool’ ‘thanks, I write one, so it’s all good’ ‘I was worried for your prospects’ ‘you sound like my dad’ he laughed.

'Do you need company?' 'come on, if we're lost, we're lost together' he laughed, 'good point' heading out, 'so, do you have a boyfriend or anything?' 'well, that was subtle, but no, I think I'm better alone, I have a habit of attracting the wrong people and they fake it well' 'I know the feeling' John smiled, 'don't worry, someone will come along' 'thank you' getting food and wandering around in shops in Albequerque, 'you want anything' 'you spend your money on something useful love' John chuckled, 'ok'.

Ending up back at the venue after a little confusion, he smiled, ‘you take care’ ‘I am gonna go set up the merch stall’ he smiled, ‘you do that’ getting boxes from the van, she pinned shirts the boards they had and slipped some cash in the box putting shirts aside for herself in her bag, ‘looks good’ ‘thanks’ putting them up, ‘so, what are your plans?’ ‘if I do well at this, I can ask you for a reference, then I can apply to be a merch manager with someone else’ John smiled, ‘that’s the aim?’ ‘I think so’ he grinned, ‘but, I don’t really need a job, I have my work which does quite well’ he smiled, ‘that’s cool’ she nodded, ‘anyway, I have to sort the spreadsheet out’ John sat down with her, ‘I’ve done soundcheck, I am here to annoy you’ ‘thanks bud’ punching him on the arm gently, he laughed.

Gare smiled at her, ‘John says you make a comic?’ ‘I do indeed’ ‘what kind?’ ‘I’ll show you’ as she passed her iPad to him, ‘this is cool, socialite turned spy?’ ‘indeed, it’s 60’s soviet based, cos I’ll be honest, I like the wardrobe from that era’ John smirked chuckling, ‘are you a republican?’ ‘fuck no!’ Jared laughed, ‘I like the idea of treating people equally, staunch democrat, you’ve actually offended me a little bit, the russians are good villians to be honest’ John laughed, ‘amazing’ Gare passing him her work, ‘and, I love history, and this period is so interesting’ ‘you’re such a nerd’ ‘I’m so punk rock’ John giggled.

-x-

Lucy stretched a little getting out of bed, ‘good?’ John asked, ‘if my pounding head say anything about my company, excellent’ ‘meet friends?’ ‘yolo’ he laughed, ‘yes, I met some friends, and I am not telling my mother about that either’ he laughed helping her up, ‘advil?’ ‘please’ passing her a pill and water, ‘thank you’ he smiled, ‘so, can I take you on a date today?’ ‘we go out everyday, so?’ ‘that’s true, but I like to think of them as dates’ he smirked, ‘you’re cute, it’s a shame’ ‘I am willing to work on it’ she looked at him, ‘ok, let’s go then’ he smiled taking her hand and heading for a breakfast place on fourth apparently and ordering food, he smiled, ‘on me’ ‘my turn tomorrow’ he grinned, ‘ok’ John looked at her, ‘I’ve never loved anyone, attracted, but never’ he chewed his lip, she smiled, ‘good to know’ she nodded chatting over breakfast.

John grinned as she shook her butt to Green Day making a cup of tea after she had set up and sorted the spreadsheet for the day knowing the stock she had for shirts and emailing Tim for more, ‘Lu?’ ‘hmm?’ ‘you know you said you needed a reference?’ ‘yes?’ ‘well, I can be yours if you want?’ ‘would you mind?’ ‘course not’ ‘well, I’ll apply then, but I’d be on tour as soon as I got home’ he smiled, ‘that’s fine, you need time don’t you, maybe it will give you the chance to miss me’ she smiled taking his hand, ‘I care about you very much’ she sighed, ‘I don’t know’ ‘babe, it’s ok, I know’ it was the third week of tour already, and John tried hard, and it saddened her, because she couldn’t feel anything, she screamed at her own head to do something, but it didn’t it just laid dormant, she sighed.

John did good with her reference being given the job a few days later, ‘good news?’ ‘very’ hugging him tight, he grinned, ‘good, baby’ she smiled kissing him softly, he grinned, ‘you kissed me’ ‘I felt like I should’ John wrapped his arms round her, ‘I love you, I know, it’s fine, don’t worry’ she smiled, ‘thank you’ kissing his neck, ‘you might eventually feel the same and that’s what I hope for’ ‘I am trying do hard, you’re all I think about, dream about’ he blushed kissing her, ‘good, maybe I’m working’ ‘you are’ just holding her close felt pretty good, ‘it’s alright, now, miss, go on you have work to do, or all I said to that guy on the phone will be bullshit’ ‘some boys’ ‘some girls’ tapping her butt, she giggled, he grinned.

-x-

John didn’t tell her much how he felt, didn’t want to make her feel guilty, she just looked terribly uncomfortable, and that wasn’t what he wanted, ‘last day of tour’ she smiled, ‘yeah, indeed’ ‘how long have you got in AZ before you go?’ ‘oh, about 3 days’ he smiled, ‘can I be with you?’ ‘course’ she smiled, ‘good’ holding her, ‘I love you’ she smiled, ‘I love you too’ ‘are you lying to make me feel better’ ‘well, there’s a reason you give me butterflies’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing her head, ‘we’ve worked hard on this, right?’ ‘we have, well you have, thank you’ he grinned, ‘no problem my darling’ working on the final show.

'Are you in the mood, if you're not-' 'it's ok' kissing passionately, 'I love you' 'I love you too' 'is there anything you like, that can help me get you in the mood, I don't know, head?' 'I don't know, i've never met anyone who will give me head' 'the tide has turned' laughing, he worked down her body, kissing softly, flicking his tongue, 'fuck' she murmured breathily, he grinned, 'babe, if this is what it takes' she giggled, rolling his tongue, sucking softly, 'John' she gasped working her fingers, she moaned loudly climaxing, John knew that as she shook underneath him, 'fuck' 'babe?' 'sorry first orgasm, give me a second' 'ok' going down, 'no, I meant-' 'I know what you meant' he grinned, 'can I?' she giggled, 'get inside me' sliding inside her, making love all night.

John held her, ‘I do love you’ ‘I love you too’ snuggling into him, ‘I really am glad you fell too, it scared me’ she caressed his cheek, ‘no one I guess worked hard enough’ kissing passionately, ‘you are so worth it, Lu’ she blushed, he grinned, ‘you know, you’re the only person who calls me that?’ he laughed, ‘you told me too!’ ‘well, I quite like it’ he laughed, ‘good’ kissing her softly.

-x-

6 months later:-

Alex and Jack threw arms round her, Vinny not coming on tour, Lucy had been chosen for All Time Low’s first spring tour with the new record, ‘can we keep you as our pet?’ ‘John would be mad, sorry’ she smiled, ‘the guy’s a lucky fella’ ‘I don’t think so, somehow, I am so messy and he’s so orderly, the only thing I do well is shirts it seems’ ‘to be honest, that personalisation thing you do is pretty cool’ looking at her shirt, ‘you’re just staring at my chest’ ‘sorry’ ‘it’s a fine one’ she rolled her eyes, ‘thanks guys’ laughing to the bus ‘who is John?’ ‘you’ve toured with him, John O’Callaghan, he’s in The Maine, well he’s the singer’ ‘oh, that’s awesome’ ‘it is’ ‘how did you meet?’ ‘I won a competition to be the merch girl, ending up in love by the end’ ‘eurgh, that’s sickly sweet and eurgh’ Alex grinned, ‘he fell for a fan’ ‘I’m not like the odd ones you have’ laughing.

John grinned as she got in to their apartment, ‘fuck those men’ John laughed, ‘what are your next plans?’ ‘shush’ ‘what?’ John smirked, ‘I don’t wanna talk about leaving you baby’ kissing him deeply, ‘oh, I’m the baby?’ John smirked Lucy resting on his hips, ‘you need taking care of, I can tell’ unbuttoning his jeans, she stroked the cotton making him gasp, ‘fine’ she giggled going down on him, ‘fuck Lu’ she giggled making love on the couch, John pulled her close, ‘I think you’re cute’ kissing her cheek pulling the throw over their semi naked bodies, ‘I think you’re cute’ caressing his cheek, she traced his freckles, he blushed grinning like a fool, ‘I love the little things you do like that’ she kissed him softly, ‘good’ ‘I think you’re perfect’ ‘thank you, I think you’re perfect for me too’ moving his hair out of his eyes, he grinned, ‘I love your eyes’ he grinned, ‘they’re an argument for god existing’ he laughed, ‘thank you babe’ making love again.

Lu made blueberry pancakes for her and John as the bell rung, ‘I’ll get it’ John called going to the door, ‘hey Jared’ coming in, ‘are we going to Baseball?’ ‘oh, Lu’s home, I-’ ‘John, go I have some comic work to wrap up don’t worry’ he smiled, ‘are you sure?’ ‘I’m only gutted I never get invited, get your jersey on and go’ he grinned, ‘you can always come’ ‘with you, definitely’ he smirked, ‘I knew last night’ giggling, ‘have a good time’ ‘thank you’ he grinned heading out, as she wrapped up some sketches, picking up the phone, ‘hey, is this Lucy’ ‘I am Lucy’ ‘you’re a merch manager?’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘I’m calling from Fueled By Ramen, are you up for a Paramore tour?’ ‘when?’ ‘tomorrow’ she smiled, ‘wow-’ ‘in Europe’ ‘yes!’ ‘awesome, flight leaves LAX at midday tomorrow, see you’ putting the phone down.

'Really, already?' 'Paramore in Europe, John, I can't miss that opportunity' 'tomorrow though?' 'it's two weeks that's all' he smiled, 'promise, I hate you leaving' John pouted, 'me too, but if you're gonna do something, do it well, John, you taught me that' he grinned, 'eurgh, you know exactly what to say, I'm in love with you' 'I'm in love with you, and the only person who I ever have been, we have stories yet to unfold and tales that must be retold' he grinned, 'Running From Lions, you said the same about ATL, I was sceptical' 'I'll be fine, come on we have a night' 'ok' 'good'.

'Ahh' noticing these weren't the venues she was used to, arranging a giant kiosk in the middle of the O2 Arena she hired in people to assist the merch stall and organised the display, seeing the band come down during the close, 'going well?' 'very well, just some little stuff to do' turning around, 'oh' laughing, 'I know you got thrown in the deep end and you have done an amazing job' 'it's been awesome, I'm good' Lucy smiled at Hayley, 'well, good, so who are you off to help next?' 'a good question, I go where life takes me, unless it clashes, I don't reject anyone' she smiled, 'your family?' 'well, I moved to AZ from Colorado so I miss them anyway and my boyfriend tours, so it's not a big deal' 'band?' 'indeed, The Maine' 'oh, they're good!' Hayley grinned, 'we should tour with them' 'you should, I'll come help' 'see, you've sealed the deal' laughing, 'how did you meet?' 'competition' 'serious?' 'yep, won a merch girl for a tour' 'that's incredible' 'it is'.

Lucy smiled falling on the sofa, ‘good?’ ‘very’ John smirked, ‘I go record in a week’ ‘I know, I’m here all week’ John grinned, ‘good’ putting her on his lap, ‘good tour?’ ‘really good, bit bigger than I expected, I mean, they play the O2 arena in England, I was in a panic, but it was all good’ ‘I know you don’t like the future, but what is next?’ ‘while you’re recording I am on Warped sorting the 8123 tent on Warped’ ‘see, these tours are the ones I like’ she smiled, ‘good, it feels like home more’ holding her butt giving it a squeeze, ‘been a long two weeks’ she smiled kissing him, ‘I think we should go to bed, this sofa has seen enough’ John grinned, ‘I beg to differ’ ‘you like to beg? I’ll remember’ she winked, he laughed.

-x-

2 years later:-

John smiled, ‘How was Fall Out Boy’ ‘nice guys, I don’t know, paid for the mortgage’ John laughed, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing deeply, he wrapped his arms round her tight like she liked snuggling into his chest, he grinned kissing her head, ‘I am glad we have a home for our family eventually’ she smiled, ‘me too’ kissing him softly, ‘but you’ll marry me first right?’ ‘absolutely John’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing her, he slid a ring on her finger in bed, ‘it’s gorgeous’ ‘not as gorgeous as the girl wearing it’ she kissed him deeply making love all day, he held her close, ‘always be my baby’ kissing her neck, ‘mutual’.

John smiled as they ate pizza, ‘so when can you fit a wedding in?’ she laughed ‘whenever you can, I want a honeymoon’ he grinned, ‘fine’ she smiled, ‘we’re fortunate in that we have money now due to the house being paid in advance’ ‘I agree, so we can have an awesome wedding’ ‘one thing, if I do the wedding, you should do the reception’ he grinned, ‘you want me to bring the party’ ‘indeed, and Alex did promise me that if we got married he would DJ, so, you have to call him’ John looked at her, ‘when?’ ‘you weren’t there, good point’ he laughed, ‘amazing’ talking over food as usual.

they lived happily.