Making Up.

The Real Thing.

'No offence, but I kinda like the other band-' 'more?' John smiled, 'always been more country' 'I'm too rock and roll?' she smiled, 'you were good, just I was friends with them on Myspace' he laughed, 'ok' she nodded, 'I do however really admire your Tom Petty shirt, and wonder where you got it?' he smiled, 'I have no clue' she pouted, 'I really like the design, I'll make my own' 'you do that-' looking at her as she went off to meet A Rocket To The Moon.

John watched her talking with Nick, he heard CM Punk and Ryback and knew they must be talking about professional wrestling quite in depth, in Ariozna, why couldn’t she just leave him alone? And talk to him? the girl escaping with a picture, ‘hey!’ ‘hello?’ ‘what’s your name?’ ‘I’m Lucy, I need to ride back to Scottsdale, so I can’t be long?’ he smiled, ‘course, what do you do?’ ‘I’m a dressmaker?’ ‘serious?’ ‘yeah, I am, I’m making 3 wedding dresses right now so-’ ‘that’s pretty cool’ she smiled, ‘my summer pays my rent for the next year’ he grinned.

'Ok, do you have a number?' 'what do you need done?' 'no, like do you have a number, so I can call?' 'I, are you sure?' 'you're gorgeous, you like Tom Petty and you're honest politely' she laughed, 'ok' writing it down, 'here, I need to get home' 'can you drop me off?' 'sure, hold on tight' getting on her bike, Jared watched him, 'where do you need to be?' 'Tempe?' 'ok' kickstarting off, he held on to her waist, amazed she was doing this, stopping outside his house after a hour, 'here you go?' 'you are not normal' 'I like to think so' he grinned, watching her go.

-x-

John called her, ‘hello, give me a second, I’m under a dress’ he laughed, ‘right, what’s up?’ ‘the sky’ ‘well, actually it’s light scattering through nitrogen particles, but I’ll give it you’ he laughed, ‘I should get ice for that burn’ ‘anyway, you called John?’ ‘yes, I did Lu, can you do dinner?’ ‘absolutely, this dress is nearly done, and it’s my last’ he smiled, ‘awesome, can we go tonight?’ ‘sure, do you wanna go bowling?’ ‘why?’ ‘cos I haven’t been for ages?’ he laughed, ‘I am fine with bowling’ ‘good, round on the loser’ he laughed, ‘fine with me’.

Lucy met him at the bowling alley, ‘you good?’ ‘I’m ok, cut my fingers in the dark, with needles, but that’s my life’ he laughed, ‘you are so odd’ ‘I think you said, but I don’t wanna be nromal it’s so boring, and I do this effortlessly’ he grinned, ‘you look gorgeous though’ she smiled, ‘thank you, you look pretty dfarn good yourself’ he smiled, ‘I know you like wrestling’ ‘and Harry Potter, it’s why I liked Nick’ John chuckled, ‘sorry’ ‘oh love, I don’t fancy him, that’s ridiculous’ ‘so why re you such a fan?’ ‘cos I like their music, why do you think people listen to bands?’ looking at him like he was mad, he laughed.

'So what are your plans?' 'I'm making Halloween outfits for All Time Low' he laughed, 'serious?' 'first date is in Arizona, I just have to drop them off' John smiled, 'what have they asked for?' 'Adventure Time, Star Trek, normal stuff really' 'Star Trek?' 'Alex want's the Captain's uniform?' John looked at her, 'people with stupid amounts of money can have anything they want, I suppose' she shrugged, 'now, I am pretty good at this on the Wii' John laughed, 'well, prepare yourself, I got guns' 'very fine they are too' he smirked.

'Would you do Skeletons?' 'of course, but it's kinda easy to buy one?' he laughed, 'surely you want money?' 'as someone who knows you're indepedent, and probably don't have much cash, I assume you don't wanna waste money on skeleton costumes, if you want them, I'll do them for free' he smiled, 'really?' 'yes, I will?' he grinned, 'you better keep that promise' 'I promise' he grinned, 'also, I'll have to measure you right?' she smirked, throwing her ball, talking all evening, she was flirtatious and he liked her for it.

John held her hand walking out, ‘so you can like, let your heart go somewhere weith me instead?’ he smirked, ‘I can try’ she nodded, ‘you’re interesting, I do hope so’ he smiled, ‘you’re interesting too’ kissing her softly, ‘thank you for this evening’ ‘no problem, glad I got you the right beer’ he laughed, ‘I’m sure you’ll get revenge’ he smiled, walking to her bike, ‘better if I lost anyway, John-’ kissing her again, ‘Lu’ she smiled, ‘you seem to have made your mind up, I like your confidence’ ‘knew the moment I met you’ he smiled, letting her go.

-x-

'Come watch practice?' 'I'm good, I'm celebrating with ben and Jerry's tonight, I've given the dress to it's owner, and I got paid!' 'oh, come on, bring the ice cream with you-' 'but The Goonies-' he grinned, 'but, please?' 'fine, can I see your butt please?' he laughed, 'I am wearing some tight jeans' 'fine, I'll make you my entertainment, but you owe me' he laughed, 'fine'.

'What are you practicing for?' 'Australia?' 'do you write?' 'no, I'm merely a consumer, I can play violin though' John smiled, 'that's cool' she smiled, 'learnt as a kid, so, what's your set' Nick coming in, John smiled, 'amazed you look that ok, considering it was your birthday yesterday' John glared at Nick, 'it was your birthday?' 'you're the girl from the gig' 'well done Sherlock' Nick laughed, 'it was my birthday' she smiled, 'so I'm assuming-' 'no, I didn't' 'ok' he smiled, 'be the last time, you hope right?' 'I do indeed' he smiled looking away, Jared smiled, 'a set John?'

Nick was chatting to her, sharing Ice Cream, ‘I can’t believe you meant it?’ ‘I don’t know any of your set, so I need to do something with my mouth’ ‘but she knows mine!’ Nick grinned, ‘I do feel bad about it’ Nick laughed, ‘so, what’s your favourite off Wild & Free’ ‘Lost & Found or Nothing At All’ ‘This Century?’ ‘Tip Toe, preferably acoustic’ ‘The Maine?’ Nick smirked, ‘ahh, ermm, Love & Drugs and Birthday in Los Angeles’ ‘why Birthday?’ ‘it’s about my hometown?’ she smirked, ‘I didn’t like it much either’ he smiled, ‘good’.

John held her thighs, ‘enjoy?’ ‘it was a bit, I was raised on The Beatles..’ Nick laughed, ‘that’s a good point, where was that song in your set?’ ‘You’re My Song?’ ‘last tour’ ‘you suck’ he laughed, ‘thanks’ John grinned, ‘so, you’ve not seen us live before?’ ‘not really’ ‘who do you go see?’ ‘ermm, all sorts, I don’t like to slot myself in a genre, I like Hoodie Allen, I like All Time Low’ John smiled, ‘I like House, I like watching House too’ Nick laughed, ‘I like that’ ‘thank you, it’s Sherlock Holmes in a hospital, House Holmes, genius’ ‘mind?’ ‘sorry’ John kissed her, ‘dude, I’m not a pokemon, I’m caught’ Nick laughed.

John smirked, ‘I’m not a Pokemon’ ‘sorry’ he laughed, ‘I don’t think you should ever apologise’ ‘John, I find you interesting enough, I wouldn’t date you otherwise, I’m not looking for a soulmate, I want a relationship, I don’t wanna change you or anything, everything has an expiration date, one day maybe the pokemon gets released, but let’s go with it’ he smiled, ‘you are weird’ ‘I’m a romantic, I am, but I like just going with it’ he smiled, ‘fine, we’ll go with it’ ‘and, yes, you can sleep with me’ he laughed, ‘thanks’.

'Is that the Adventure Time-' she nodded, 'it's for Jack' he laughed, 'I've toured with them, I know they're mental' 'have you ever thought that maybe their trying too hard to be original?' 'you're a fan?' 'I know but, I don't know, I listen, and he's stuck with the same girl he's been complaining about for years, and then tells people to change and adapt, I don't know, it seems wrong, he can't follow his advice' she shrugged, 'it's sad' John smiled, 'you want something genuine' 'yeah, Nick is, you definitely are' he smiled, kissing her deeply, 'glad you think so' heading for bed.

-x-

A few months later:-

'I think I kissed someone, drunk-' he looked at her worried, 'is that it?' he looked at her, 'yes?' 'ok, don't do it again' she shrugged, 'you're not mad?' 'not really' she sat back on the sofa, 'not at all?' 'I told you, I'm not going to change you, I'd be hurt more, if I thought we were permanant, but we're 3 months in, you don't live with me, you can do what you like?' 'what if I had slept with her then?' 'then we'd be over, cos clearly I'm not good enough for you, but you stopped yourself' she smiled, 'it's ok' 'are you sure?' 'yes, I'm fine, I have a democrat's meeting' 'I love you' 'I love you too' he grinned, kissing her deeply, 'can you not?' she smiled, 'miss me in Europe?' 'I need my American girl'.

John held her in bed, ‘I think you’re the girl for me, for life’ ‘well, I’m 24, I’m not particularly, looking for a life long partner, husband thing’ he nodded, ‘so, what do you want, what’s the point with being with someone?’ ‘cos I want a relationship?’ ‘but I would like you for life’ ‘then don’t kiss other people?’ ‘so you’re mad about it?’ ‘no, I just think if you want me to take you seriously, you need to take me seriously’ turning over to look at him, ‘you don’t, you think I’m just another one’ ‘from what I’ve heard, you are an expert in just another one’ ‘but, I love you’ ‘but you kissed someone’ ‘I was drunk, and stupid, I missed you’ ‘fine, but don’t preach to me’ ‘deal’ he smiled, ‘you are weird’ ‘so are you’.

John held her on his shoulders at the All Time Low show, ‘thank you Johnny’ he grinned, ‘no problem baby’ he smiled, as she watched the show from near the back, she took some pictures, ‘John, love?’ ‘yes-’ ‘you’re swaying, put me down, get a drink’ John putting her down he got water, ‘you ok?’ ‘yeah, felt dizzy’ ‘dehydration’ she kissed his cheek, ‘want some air-’ ‘coffee shop is your favourite’ she smiled, ‘are you sure?’ ‘I’m fine darling’ ‘ok’ holding her waist, ‘let me know’ ‘be fine’ she nodded, watching the show.

'So, why are you not a soulmate person?' 'cos believing there is a person completely perfect for you is stupid, however I do believe we're in the right place at the right time, and we're good, we're really good' he grinned, 'you think?' 'I do think, if it makes you feel better, I think you'd be a great person to be in my life, all my life, I just wish we could try being a couple a bit more, but you're away, and you know I can deal with that' he kissed her passionately, 'and, I was offered this job out East the day before I met you, and I turned it down, cos I wanted to be with you, so I guess-' 'really?' 'it was a Fashion design lecturing post' 'babe' pulling her lip, 'I am very glad you didn't go' 'looking at you now, me too' he grinned.

’..she did that?’ Jared asked, ‘she’s really good’ ‘I know I saw the All Time Low pictures’ they laughed, ‘and the wedding dresses, Tess-’ Jared rolled his eyes, John laughed, ‘I love her, I guess, she just let it go’ ‘not many would’ ‘but I think she knows me very well’ ‘I think she does too, I think she knows you’re human, more human than most’ John smiled, ‘her favourite Brighten song is Be Human’ Jared laughed, ‘dude, you missed her, I know you love her’ ‘good’.

-x-

2 years later:-

'Whoa, slow down?' 'you made these?' 'I did, they're doing Shakespeare in California, I had to make the dresses, they're all shipping tomorrow, twenty thousand for this lot' 'how much are materials though' 'about 8 thousand' he smiled, 'so, you're up then?' 'quite a lot up, yeah' 'so, what's this?' 'it's a wedding dress for some soap actress' she shrugged, 'you know you could begin making your own?' she smiled, 'you want to marry me?' 'I do, I love you, Lu, I don't wanna be with anyone else' she smiled, 'neither do I'.

'The last two years made me realise, I may have just accidentally told my soulmate I don't want anything serious' he laughed, 'I love you darling' 'I love you sweetheart, marrying you is a honour' 'no, Lu you're far more talented than me, do you have a pension? Sensible one too' 'I do' he laughed, 'good' she smiled, 'I'll arrange it for you if you want, love' he smiled, 'would you?' 'I think you need to plan for our old age, what if we have kids?' 'would you have mine?' 'to be honest, I can't not' placing his hand on her belly, he grinned, 'serious?' 'ahha' he grinned, 'you're pregnant?' 'last night before tour' he hugged her.

Lucy was taken care of when he was home, very well, ‘how are you still working?’ ‘it’s easy, I just make sure I have strawberries in my proximity’ he laughed, ‘this girl is going to be as strawvberry blonde as you’ she smiled, ‘probably’ ‘you’re eight months pregnant, and you’re still doing this?’ ‘it’s not a big deal, really, it’s just a dress, after that soapstar woman, they asked for a collection, I did the designs, but this is my exhibition piece’ ‘Mrs O’Callaghan, when were you going to tell me?’ ‘oh, shit, it didn’t seem important with all the planning, sweetheart’ he laughed, ‘so, you’re gonna be set for life’ ‘if it does good, yes’ he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’.

'So, what's his name?' John smiled, 'John Cornelius O'Callaghan' 'and, his twin sister?' 'your choice?' 'Melody Hermione?' 'why Melody?' 'wouldn't have met her dad without one' he grinned, 'I think that's beautiful' sitting down with his son, 'your daughter' she smiled, holding her, 'we don't need any more' John laughed, 'oh, no I have the feeling these two will be quite enough, also, I like practice more' Lucy laughed, 'me too' laughing.

they lived happily.