Making Up.

Captain.

Why would you want to work with us, you're huge' 'well, technically it wouldn't happen without 8123' Tim smiled, 'ok, explain' 'my best friend Emma she was killed in a crash, most people know that, and she was huge fan of The Maine and Pioneer had come out and the last thing she said to me, cos we were talking about college was, '’there's still a lot to be said for and only it takes a handful of passion to start a fire’, I have it tattooed, and that pretty much for me decided I'm not going to college, I did internships surfing sofas, my collection got picked up and now I'm here offering my help, when this company gave me help too' Tim looked amazed, 'wow, I had no idea' 'we grew up watch The Maine play, I just think she'd be proud' Tim laughed, 'well, what do you think' 'I was thinking maybe I design a collection of shirts for each person you manage on this label' 'I like that' 'cool'.
'John' Tim smiled, 'this is Lucy' 'I know who she is, but what is she doing here?' he smiled, 'damn, I do get around' Tim laughed, 'yeah, when John knows you are, you've done good' 'you've just done your collection on fashion week, Gare's girlfriend was talking about it, apparently your oriental pieces are to die for' making a dramatic voice' 'Lucy, wants to work on a collection with us, designing shirts for our artists' John smiled, 'why?' 'It’s kind of a long story, it would just mean a lot to me' 'fine' Tim shaking his head, 'how old are you?' 'I'm 21' 'and, you designed some of the best new work' 'rookie of the year' John nodded, 'I saw and you come from here' 'indeed, Sedona, it's why I work with red, like the baseball team?' Lucy smiled feeling inspected, 'hmm' 'Captain O'Callaghan can I stand at ease now?' Tim smirked, 'oh, sorry, yes'.
'Don't inspect her, Jesus John' Tim shaking his head, 'considering how good she is and is doing it for free, you should be happy' 'I don't get it' 'you acted like a dick and you'll feel worse if I explain' 'go on then' Tim explained, 'oh, god serious' 'her tattoo is like a garter on her thigh John' 'my words' 'yep' 'god, so she's a fan and I-' 'yes you did' 'I should apologise' 'she's coming back in next Friday with the designs, you can catch her then?' 'I was pretty bad' 'yeah you were, fix it next time, Captain' John flicking him the finger.
-x-

'Lucy' 'Captain!' Lucy smirked holding a designer pad and pencils, 'how are you?' 'I'm good' 'I just wanted to apologise for last week, I was such a dick to you, I'm sorry' 'no need really, I understand' 'good, good' John nodded, 'can I buy you a coffee' 'aye aye' he laughed, 'are you going to do that forever' 'first impressions and all that' John smirked, 'fine, fangirl' 'the captain and the fangirl, sounds like a really good comic' John chuckled, 'also fangirl isn't an insult, it's my life, I fangirl over everything I do, if you don't, you shouldn't be doing it' Tim laughed, John smirked, 'you're weird' 'I'm standing in 8123, with a guy who broke from the mould with one of the biggest music companies in the world, who is wearing stripy red leggings, and I'm the weird one?' Tim laughed, 'I like this kid' 'me too'.

John smiled bring her a hot chocolate, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ John smiled, ‘so, yeah, we’re both weird’ ‘I think so’ John smiled, ‘so, what do you do when you’re not making dresses and designing’ she smiled, ‘I read, I read a lot, I actually did ok in high school, but I just knew education wasn’t my thing, ermm, I like philosophy, for example, I like to think the things around made me who I am, I mean we didn’t know one another 2 weeks ago, but the impact of you on my life is already huge’ John smiled, ‘I get that’ John nodded, ‘you have it tattooed’ ‘if I flashed you my thigh would you be shocked’ ‘nothing shocks me any more’ Lucy laughed, ‘you have seen too much’ slipping her skirt up a little, ‘that’s elegant’ ‘thank you, I wanted it somewhere I could see it on bad days but only me’ John smiled, ‘I like that’ talking.

'I like you' 'I like you too, Captain' John smirked, 'fine, I give in fangirl' 'fine' laughing a little, 'think I can take you out some night, I know you've not been in Phoenix much' 'I just bought a place here, it would be nice to see more of it' 'you own a house' 'yes I do' 'cool, you got that miss independent thing' 'are you real?' John looked at her, 'what?' 'man, you need feminism for dummies, Sartre would know nothing of love without Simone Du Bouvoir, I suggest you look her up, captain' John winced, 'my independence isn't a trend, it's a lifestyle, and not to be shared with attitudes like yours, good day' grabbing her bag and jacket, he hit himself in the face, going to the bookstore, 'feminism for dummies?' asking at the counter, 'we have another accidental misogynist?' 'Oh, yes'.
-x-

John smiled, ‘the first test prints’ ‘hmm, I think I like the Lydia and This Century best, but a designer shouldn’t pick favourites’ John smiled, ‘I’ve read books’ ‘well done captain’ he smirked, ‘doesn’t matter I know you fancy me?’ ‘you’re a cocky shit aren’t you?’ ‘You dated me, I expect it’ ‘hmm, well, I gave you a second chance’ ‘look, it’s not a thing, it’s a life, I get that women are paid less than men, I get it all’ Lucy nodded, ‘good, but do you understand that’s it’s a patriarchal system that makes it work?’ ‘Yes’ ‘good’.

'I like to think you can trust me' 'I think you have slight superiority complex, I think when you find someone at your standard you'll be happy Captain' John smirked, 'how do you know?' 'it's why you're so persistent with me' 'oh, you think you're good enough' 'well, considering how well we've clicked, you're here bud' he grinned, 'I hate how much you're right' 'got the feeling' kissing him deeply, she tugged on his lip, he grinned, 'didn't expect that' 'I didn't expect you to let me' he grinned.

John held her hand heading inside her house, ‘apologies, I’ve only furnished three bits of the house thus far, my room, the kitchen and the lounge’ he smiled, ‘why?’ ‘cos I’m in no rush’ John smiled, ‘it looks nice thus far’ ‘thanks’ taking her waist as she made food, kissing her neck softly, Emma would be proud right now, as Johh placed his long fingers under her shirt, ‘would you be my girlfriend’ ‘I have to work with’ he grinned, ‘you do, but I do cares what you do to me, just as long as it’s just me’ she smiled, ‘alright, I’ll give it a go’ ‘mind if I’ ‘you put your hands where you want’ he grinned, ‘I’d rather be putting them where you want’ ‘you’re getting the hang of this, but I’m hungry’ ‘I can think of something to eat’ she grinned, ‘oh, good’.
-x-
Six Months Later:-

Lucy smiled as John came in dropping his bag ‘you would not believe how good it is to see you!’ John grinned, Lucy smiled ‘good to have you home for a bit’ kissing him softly, he grinned against her lips, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you sweetheart’ ‘it’s been a nightmare, first it started off with this girl’ ‘I heard, I knew you couldn’t possibly you get out of breath during sex and so I’d figure on the phone’ laughing the rumours off, ‘and then the bus got robbed and we got the cash back somehow but got delayed for a show and then’ ‘I know, John I’ll bring food through and you can complain to your heart’s content’ ‘you are my heart’s content’ laughing a little, ‘come on’ ‘how was London?’ John asked, ‘I sold everything and I’m doing a collection for a store there, which I’m looking forward to’ ‘that’s awesome!’ he grinned.

John held her, ‘I’m so sorry’ she giggled resting on his chest in bed, ‘what for?’ ‘for moaning so much’ ‘thank you for making me moan so much’ John smirked, ‘thank you baby’ kissing her, ‘sometimes we feel a little fucked up sometimes’ John smiled, ‘we do’ tracing her tattoo on her thigh, she smiled, ‘there still something to be said for desire, and you give me something to say’ John murmured, ‘I think that’s beautiful’ kissing his cheek, ‘I trust you, I know you wouldn’t mess it up, it took you so long to convince yourself, I can’t believe you’d do something stupid’ ‘that’s why, you understand me on so many levels’ ‘to understand is to be understood’ John smiled, ‘thank you’ giggling, ‘fangirl’ ‘captain’ giggling, ‘but I like to think you’re right, I’d never hurt you, I never want to put anyone through pain again, done enough’ she smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ making love on the sofa, again.

John came in her design room, ‘so, what are you doing in England?’ ‘Debenhams, they have a range called Designer’s for Debenhams, I have to do a range of Evening Wear, however-’ John smiled, ‘I want it to be able to worn by any women, and you have to get the shapes right’ John smiled, ‘well, I’m sure you’ll handle it, babe’ putting her on his lap, ‘your shirts sold out again’ ‘I was thinking of doing some new designs, I have a book of ideas’ John nodded, ‘if you would like’ kissing her neck, ‘I trust you too, I know it doesn’t need saying’ Lucy smiled, ‘thank you, but you are quite enough, I don’t need anyone else’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘why I would cheat is beyond me’ John laughed, ‘good to know’ kissing her shoulder, ‘what’s got you in the mood, Captain’ he grinned, ‘it’s our anniversary’ ‘oh, really?’ ‘six months’ ‘I’m sorry’ ‘it’s ok, I know you love me’ ‘I know you love me too’ ‘good’ wrapping his arms round her waist, ‘we’ll be ok’ ‘we will, is something worrying you?’ ‘doesn’t matter’.

'It does' putting her book down in bed, 'what's up, I can feel it radiating' 'there's been men been coming out of here and-' 'I need models, I can't make suits without humans, and my mannequins have been ordered but they are taking an age to get here' John smiled, 'is that it?' 'John, yes, I'm not sleeping with anyone but you, they don't even get naked' she giggled, 'what?' 'it's just I don't sleep with my brothers' John smirked, 'serious?' John laughed, 'I'll prove it to you' getting her phone and showing him photos, 'it was a family reunion, there are five of us and I asked them to help me!' John smirked flicking through, 'you're not an incest kind of girl, I know that' laughing, 'I'm so sorry' 'it's ok, I understand, I do get more than a person's fair share' John grinned, 'five brothers, you should make a band' 'haha, we tried' John laughed pulling her close, 'I like you to myself' 'aye, aye captain' he smirked, 'I am never kicking that' 'it's kind of perfect for you' 'thanks' laughing.

John shook his head, ‘Little Mix, I swear you were so proud when they wore your clothes’ ‘I’m designing their outfits for some awards, so I’m getting in their head’ John smirked, ‘you get in their head a lot, darling’ ‘that’s true, captain’ ‘I saw your twitter, you call me captain on that too’ ‘well, it’s so they don’t know who you are’ she smirked, ‘hmm’ John grinned, ‘I don’t call you fangirl much’ ‘that’s cos I’m not, but you are such a captain, you said it yourself, you’re a leader not a follower’ John picked up his phone, ‘I could just say I’m your boyfriend’ ‘you could’ ‘would you mind?’ John asked, ‘I’m pretty proud of my catch’ he smirked, ‘me too’ John tweeted, ‘.@LucyCaswell you really need to stop calling me Captain.’ ‘@Johnmaine Never.’ he grinned, ‘thanks babe’ ‘no problem’.
-x-
2 years later:-

John smiled as she got in from Paris, ‘how was your couture look go down?’ ‘really good, I was so proud of it’ ‘I’m glad you only do two fashion weeks’ ‘me too, I don’t really need to prove myself so much, I’m pretty good’ ‘not many designers do both commercial and catwalk’ ‘I love catwalk though and I really like working with Pixie’ ‘I know, though I am to oft distracted by the gap in her teeth, it’s so superficial but’ Lucy laughed, ‘I love you Captain’ kissing him, John blushed picking her up, ‘I am never tired of you calling me that’ ‘I know’ playing with his hair and heading for the bedroom making love, ‘I think the captain needs a wife’ Lucy smiled brushing his cheek, ‘you want to marry me?’ ‘I do’ kissing her softly, ‘I want to spend my life with you Lucy’ ‘I don’t think I mind doing the same for you’ ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ pulling her close.

John walked with her to a jewellers, ‘I was going to buy one, then I worried you’d hate my choice’ ‘sweetheart you could give me a jelly ring, and I’d be happy’ heading inside, John smiled, ‘really’ ‘well, it wouldn’t last long’ laughing a little, ‘what kind would you like?’ wrapping his arms round her, she smiled, ‘I don’t know, what one do you think I should wear?’ he grinned, ‘I’d buy you a big one’ ‘don’t be ridiculous’ John chuckled, ‘I like the emerald, what about that?’ ‘I think it’s perfect’ trying it on with the jeweller and buying it for her, she took a picture, ‘.@johnmaine and I got engaged today! I’m gonna be the Captain’s wife ;)’ John laughed, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing softly, ‘come on, babe, home’ ‘I know that tone captain’ ‘one thing me and captains are used to’ ‘oh’ ‘wetness’ ‘you’re actually filthy, but I love you’ John chuckled, ‘thank you baby’ giggling.
They lived happily.