Making Up.

Tell Me On A Sunday.

'Sing a song' 'what?' 'sing a song' 'you're asking me to sing a song, I don't do it request' 'for my sanity please, sing a song, I have to babysit directioners, mister' he smiled, 'ermm, you belong among the wildflowers..' singing the last thing on his iPod, 'are you single?' 'I am' 'you picked Tom Petty, that's awesome' he grinned, 'you're really pretty' 'you're gorgeous, but it wasn't the first thing I noticed' he grinned, 'what was' 'your tattoo' 'you recognise the words?' 'no, I'm new round here, should I?' 'of course you're English, ermm I'm quite popular' 'ahh, is that why you said about requests' 'yes' 'makes sense, I apologise, but you worked' 'glad to hear it, maybe you should introduce to your music' 'I'm not sure a vicar would be happy with his kids learning about what people do in the cabin down below' 'yeah, I think stick to One Direction' 'god help me' laughing.

'So, how come you're here?' 'I was born here, and I wanna see more of it but I had no money to get here so as an au pair you get your flight paid' 'I see, one way ticket' 'exactly' 'do you get time off' 'now, this is my time off, I get everyday after 5 and before 9am I suppose, I live in their loft room' John smiled, 'nice life' 'I suppose' she nodded, 'I get a life' 'I'm John' 'I'm Lucy' 'so, how do you know Tom Petty?' 'oh, my older brother he loves Tom Petty and it kinda rubbed off' 'how old are you?' 'I'm 21, 22 in two weeks' 'so, are the rest of your family american?' 'no, just me, I just thought why waste an opportunity, there's a whole new life out here and I'm not doing anything with it' he grinned, 'I like that'.

'So, do you have a number?' 'sure, turn around' 'ok' leaning on his back and writing her number on a reciept and passing it to him' 'thanks' 'no problem' he grinned, 'you're kooky, I like you' 'haha, thank you, not the first to say so, I suppose that's what you get for being born in Disneyland, I have a lifetime pass' John grinned, 'serious, your citizenship is accidental' 'I was premature' 'damn' laughing a little, 'I'll see you soon' 'do you wanna get dinner now?' 'sure' John grinned, 'tell you about this tattoo' 'I am indeed curious' 'well, let me satiate it' talking all evening.

-x-

John walked in the park, ‘do they pay you?’ ‘about 250 a week’ John smiled, ‘good’ laughing a little, ‘so how old are the kids?’ ‘10 and 12, more like little sisters to me now’ ‘sorry really random questions’ ‘you’re really nervous, your palms are really sweaty, I get it’ ‘how are you so cool?’ ‘cos I’m being myself, you need to relax, be you, cos if we’re good that’s the person I’m going to have to live with’ he grinned, ‘that’s actually a really good point’ laughing a little, ‘so, I did philosophy and Maths at Cambridge, did you study?’ ‘philosophy, then the band’ ‘intelligence kicks education’s ass every time, trust me I met a lot of people in the 3rd best university in the world with no sense’ John grinned, ‘really?’ ‘my fltmate Hugo’ ‘only in England’ ‘I know, he blew up the microwave by putting a tin of beans in’ ‘never done that’ ‘good sign’ he grinned.

'Have you been here?' 'no, I haven't' 'you must!' going into What-A-Burger, 'so, did you get Culture shock?' 'I did, in Britain things are a lot more liberal, you know, it's legal to be gay and married there, everywhere, ermm, women don't have to protest for their body parts, and the such like cos it's a given' John smiled, 'I agree, it's insane' 'how can we win when fools can be kings?' 'I like that' 'ever listened to Muse' 'nope, but it's going on my to do list' 'brilliant' John laughed, 'what?' 'English people' laughing more, 'is brilliant an English thing' 'it is, I've toured there' 'damn' 'sorry' 'it's ok, I guess it's a homeland thing' talking about travelling.

'You're English' 'this is Brian Lu' 'hello' waving a little, 'you have the Doctor vibe going on' 'you watch?' 'I don't know if I should talk cos spoilers' he grinned, 'no, I'm all caught up illegally' 'that's good' laughing a little, 'ermm, what do you think the new doctor will be like?' 'Peter Capaldi is a national treasure, I'm sure he'll do good, even though older' 'I'm glad' chatting a little, 'I'm sorry to interrupt your accent is gorgeous' 'well, thank you' she smiled, 'I have a date' 'don't mind me' John muttered, 'oh, sorry, nice work bud' strolling off, 'I'm sorry, I didn't realise, and I couldn't be rude' 'you're so British' 'I know' head desking, John laughed, 'don't worry, it enlightened me a little, I now need to watch Doctor Who' 'you don't understand how British tv works, everyone watches Doctor Who, whovians are like rats in England, never more than seven feet from one, like Arsenal fans' John laughed.

John walked her home slowly chatting, ‘thank you, you’re quite the gent’ ‘but that’s what you do’ ‘maybe England has set a real low standard then’ he grinned, ‘maybe’ ‘but you’re a bit of a teenage dream back home’ John laughed, ‘I clearly need to ask fans about this when I’m there’ ‘clearly’ kissing him softly, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ feeling elated, ‘can I have another?’ ‘down boy’ John laughed turning on his heel, she swung him round kissing him deeply, ‘see movie kiss, weirdo’ as she ran in, he laughed, ‘damn, I need to keep this one’.

-x-

John smiled, ‘thought you’d like to see what I do’ she nodded, ‘so, what’s your thing, I know you have good taste’ he grinned, ‘thanks’ ‘so, do you have a band, you don’t-’ as guys came in, ‘talk of the devil, this is the rest of the band’ ‘oh, cool’ bringing her knees up, ‘are you a good person to be in a band with?’ ‘should we answer that?’ ‘I don’t think I’m that bad’ ‘you seem a very comradely band?’ Jared smiled, ‘we are indeed, he’s a great person to work with, he can be cocky though’ ‘he’s a man, it sort of comes naturally’ ‘cocky does’ Gare laughed, ‘of course, innuendo isn’t lost, that’s good’ John shaking his head, ‘so, who are you?’ ‘I’m Lucy’ ‘of course’ giggling, ‘guys!’

'So, have you played my former hometown?' 'where did you live?' 'Norwich?' 'last show on the penultimate tour' 'no, blast, but then if I had known you, I wouldn't have got to know you, I know fans can be a bit weird' John laughed, 'that's sadly true' sitting next to her, 'so, where did you see them?' 'I had to take the girls to see Justin Bieber, I don't like him, anyone who thinks a child a product of rape is a gift from god, is a prick' John looked at her, 'wow' 'yeah' 'of course, England and liberalism go hand in hand' 'so liberal we gave you independence, and then you elected two Bush's' shaking her head, 'slow clap' she smirked, John laughed.

'What would you like to do when we're done here?' 'hmm, I'm not sure, it's the weekend so, I was gonna find where people get drunk here' John laughed, 'you should have just asked' 'I don't know anyone here but you people and the family I work for, and that Doctor Who guy, does he count?' laughing, 'who?' 'Brian Dales being brazen' 'he flirted with her on a date' 'that was some weird flirting' 'he complimented accent' 'I get that all the time here, make me say words, particularly 'you naughty boy” they laughed, 'why?' 'I thought you'd' know' 'nope' laughing a little, 'ermm, yes, know any watering holes' 'have you heard our records' 'he asked, no' Jared nodded, 'let's take you out'.

John held her dancing with her, her head resting on his chest, which felt extraordinary, ‘I asked you not to, cos I’m nothing like I think you think I am’ ‘how about we go listen to them together?’ ‘cos that’s awkward’ ‘no, headphones?’ ‘well, I guess that’s ok’ ‘then you can explain, cos someday maybe we’re out and some women comes up to me and references you and I’ll be so confused, so do it together?’ ‘ok’ ‘ok’ ‘I have a day off tomorrow, wanna head to yours’ ‘can we?’ ‘you’re so cute, sure, and then we’ll do it tomorrow, and I’ll cook something, cos you’re so skinny’ John smirked, ‘thanks babe’ ‘no problem’.

John got her comfortable, putting a pillow behind her, ‘so, where do I begin?’ sliding his mac in front of her, ‘I suppose from the beginning of this one’ ‘ok’ pressing play, ‘I like this, I like the beat’ he grinned, ‘good’ going through each one, ‘that girl meant a lot didn’t she?’ ‘she did’ ‘and, you can love people right?’ ‘I love you, so I guess so’ he grinned picking at his boots, she smiled touching his hand, ‘tell me on a Sunday, of course’ John was confused, ‘doesn’t matter, musical’ John nodded, ‘but you should read the description kinda cos we accidentally did the plot’ googling it, he laughed, ‘oh my god’ ‘I wasn’t looking for you,but mighty strange’ ‘she uses someone’ ‘not a married man, but I did use this family’ she sighed, ‘and it’s a Sunday, anyway, I love you too, and these are just a memory, you like Sartre, you know that’ he grinned, ‘do you think I can make you happy?’ ‘you already do’ kissing deeply, ‘the house is empty’ ‘cocky’ giggling, making love.

-x-

6 months later:-

'John' Lucy smiled hugging him on a soft Sunday morning, 'welcome home' kissing his cheek, he grinned, 'I left at 10 and arrived at 10' 'I know, come on I'll make you food' John smiled as she went and made pancakes, 'my parents asked if I was coming home' John looked at her, 'I told them I probably wasn't' John grinned, 'no probably about it darling, I'm in love with you' as she came through with the plate, 'I'm at home I'm with you' kissing softly, he grinned wrapping his arms round her, 'feed me, I'm too tired' she giggled 'here comes the aeroplane' 'fuck you' giggling, she kissed him, 'it's nice to be able to trace your freckles again' John blushed, 'thank you' kissing her softly, 'it's nice to taste your lips again'.

Lucy smiled laying next to him, calling home, ‘hey’ ‘hey mum’ ‘Lucy, darling, you ok?’ ‘I’m fine, I was wondering if you did see John on tour’ ‘we did, he seems like a nice guy, spent ages with fans, we took your little sister’ ‘that’s good’ John stirring, ‘phone call’ ‘England’ ‘course’ she murmured, John getting back to sleep, ‘darling, we want you to be happy, if he’s right for you stay as long as you need’ ‘good, I don’t want to feel guilty for being happy’ John grinned into a pillow, ‘good, I’ll call some time soon on Skype, ok?’ finishing the call, she wrapped an arm round him, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, Mr O’Callaghan, you’re a dish’ John chuckling.

'I'm glad you can live here' 'thanks' picking her up from work, 'so, do you wanna do anything?' 'hmm, well, get some beers, backseat?' he grinned, 'you know that's my favourite' John smiled heading out for the desert, 'I knew you'd do it' getting some bud's, 'thanks' sipping her drink, 'so, think we're good?' John smiled, 'I think we're the best, I didn't think I'd settle, but I settled for the best with you, I wanna be an old man in a rocking chair holding your hand next to me' she smiled, 'for someone who has never read the Notebook, you do sound like such a Noah' 'thank you baby' rolling her eyes, he grinned, 'it's why I love you, all those little things' 'go away' laughing and talking all evening.

Jared and Tess smiled on a friday night, ‘how’s living together going for the Summer’ ‘it’s so hot, it’s madness’ Tess laughed, ‘we got air conditioning, but it’s still hot and sweaty bodies, it’s not cool’ in every way but it’s been like living with my best friend otherwise’ John grinned at this, ‘she’s really tidy’ Jared laughed, ‘all her records are alphabetical’ ‘I’m going to just say it’s organised chaos, he knows where they are, I just wish I was a tiny psychic’ laughing and talking, ‘heard Joey is around town’ ‘whose Joey?’ Lucy asked softly, realising she shouldn’t have heard it’ ‘she’s the girl’ ‘oh, right’ ‘don’t worry, Its history, but I like to’ ‘course, it’s fine’ ‘good’ kissing her.

Lucy looked at him, then the drawer, ‘no’ telling her self not to read his journal, but if he did, ‘no’ falling asleep restlessly, John had gone to practice, she opened the drawer his leather bound dairy, ‘lord, I just need to know if he feels the same about me, I know it’s a private thing’ looking inside, to the pages where they had met and the newest ones, ‘if there’s one thing, I know I’m certain of, it’s that I love Lucy, she makes my day, like she says all the time, I notice the little things about her more than anything, and Joey being here won’t change that, she’s a shawdow, but Lu is my light, god I hope she never reads this, she’ll think I’m even more cheesy’ she giggled to herself, putting it back and closing the drawer, slumping back, ‘I love you John O’Callaghan’.

-x-

2 years later:-

John laid next to her, ‘I can’t believe you had a thing about being made love to in your dress, but I am so down with it’ giggling, she slid her dress off after being made love to in her wedding dress, ‘I’m glad our fluids aren’t covering it a little more’ John laughed as she hung it up, admiring her curvy thighs, she joined him again, ‘Mrs O’Callaghan’ ‘Mr’ he grinned, ‘so, glad you’re all mine’ pulling her close, ‘me too’ kissing him softly, ‘I know you want a family, and now you work at 8123, you can do it right?’ ‘I do, but give it a year or so, we need to prepare for that and I’ve only just quit looking after kids’ John smiled, ‘ok’ ‘good’ kissing him softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ making love all honeymoon.

John a few weeks later noticed she was odd, ‘what’s up?’ ‘you know when we said wait a year?’ ‘for kids, yeah?’ making a coffee, ‘is 8 months ok?’ John dropped his spoon looking at her, ‘on, honeymoon’ ‘oh yes’ John grinned biting his lip, ‘we need to get busy and you need a doctor’ ‘I do, I just did a text cos I skipped’ John nodded, ‘babe, we’ll be fine, and no matter what it is, I’ll love it’ she looked at him, ‘ok’ John chewed his lip, ‘you been reading my diary?’ ‘cos you never have Lu’ he smirked, ‘you know’ ‘haha, no, but thanks for the confirmation’ ‘you douche’ he grinned, ‘douche, huh?’ giggling.

John smiled when his son and daughter arrived, ‘I am never doing this again’ ‘you don’t have to’ John kissing her head, ‘god, I am so glad I can take them to work in the creche, or doomed’ John smiled, ‘I agree’ laughing a little, ‘so what are their names?’ ‘well, you know the boy’s name’ giving the details, ‘and your daughter?’ ‘Bryony Jennifer’ John smiled, ‘Bryony?’ ‘all began with wildflowers, and I am not calling her flower’ John chuckled, ‘so Bryony means flower’ ‘I did my research’ he smiled, ‘ok, it’s a pretty name, it’s just Brian was the second person to hit on you’ rolling her eyes, ‘in honour of Brian’ laughing, ‘Bryony Jennifer, it’s nice, I like it’ ‘good’.

John held her in bed, ‘I love you, thanks for the family’ ‘Tim said I can work from home, so I should be ok’ ‘good’ John smiled, ‘I love you too’ ‘good’ holding on to him, ‘still read my diary though’ ‘come on, what are we hiding exactly?’ ‘oh, good point’ laughing, ‘arrived on a Sunday, and told on a Sunday’ ‘that’s so weird’ laughing, falling asleep holding his wife.

they lived happily.