Making Up.

Crazy Stupid Love.

Walking into her, ‘oh, god sorry’ ‘no problem really’ John helping her pick her things up, a flat tin and stuff, ‘cigarette tin’ ‘oh, ermm not really’ stuffing it in her bag, he smiled at her, ‘you ok?’ ‘Fine, fine, thanks’ ‘can I buy you a coffee?’ ‘I’m not thirsty, I’m fine, work going to be late, oh god, thank you’ running ahead, he smiled, ‘well, the charm doesn’t work on everyone’ John smiled as he got to 8123, ‘good?’ ‘yeah, girl refused coffee’ Jared laughed, ‘not all the girls will be attracted to you, or she might have a boyfriend’ ‘that’s true’ as Lucy turned up at the partner’s firm, Josh kissed her softly, ‘hey sweetheart’ ‘hey’ she smiled, ‘why are you late’ ‘my bag slipped my crap went all over the pavement’ rolling her eyes and heading for her office, ‘will still have to stip you’ ‘punish me then?’ she winked, he blushed heading for his office.

Lucy met Layla, ‘your life is so PG’ ‘it’s not’ ‘it so is’ ‘it isn’t, I have sex and things’ ‘do you undress?’ ‘Shut up!’ laughing, ‘seriously you need someone who can, someone a little round the edges, as a guy, ‘you, you’re the girl from earlier’ ‘am I, I am’ Layla smiled, ‘can I buy you a drink now?’ Layla nodded, ‘you damn well can, this is Lucy’ ‘good, does she speak for you Red?’ Layla smiled, ‘no, I’m fine, got one right here’ Layla knocked the table, ‘oh, whoops’ John grinned, ‘there you go, need another now, white?’ Lucy glared at Layla, ‘complete accident’ ‘I can’t, I’m taken’ ‘with Mr boring 2014’ as John brought her back a drink and Layla, Layla shifted over as John sat, Lucy sipped her new drink to be polite, John smiled, ‘so you’re Lucy, what’s it short for?’ ‘Lucy’ ‘hmm’ John smiled as Layla grinned, ‘I have a lot of casework, today so’ ‘what do you do?’ ‘I work for a senator’ ‘she dates the most boring man in the world, he plays chess competitions’ ‘Layla!’ ‘She dates someone’ ‘someone, he can’t be a real person’ as she left, John smirked, ‘you don’t like him, do you’ ‘but I like you, you’re perfect for her’ ‘really’ ‘yes!’ laughing.

Lucy got into work, looking at the number on her phone, ‘Lucy?’ ‘Hmm?’ ‘Got a special announcement for us later’ ‘ok’ she grinned texting Layla, ‘please?’ ‘I don’t know, could it be a proposal?’ ‘I hope not’ ‘Layla!’ ‘Sorry, but I know you are not right, you are so boring’ ‘and so is the perfect!’ ‘No! You need someone to get you out, to get loose, please’ ‘I don’t think you’re right’ ‘you’ll see when the divorce comes when you feel unfulfilled and you get your collection of kittens’ Lucy glared at her phone getting back to work.

-x-

Lucy sat at the table, Josh standing up, ‘Lucy’ she always just gritted her teeth at that, he knew she hated it, standing up, ‘my big announcement for you, my darling’ the girls gasped as he pulled her closer to him by her hand, ‘I would like you to consider..’ leaving it hanging in the air for a while, ‘on taking up the position of being the office election manager’ Layla snorted, her face falling, ‘you are kidding me right, you are asking to be the office election manager’ ‘well what did you think?’ ‘We’ve been dating for two years, you didn’t think it might be a proposal?’ ‘I hadn’t thought about marrying you at all’ Layla gasped as Lucy picked up the jug of orange juice and sluiced over his head, ‘that’s what I think of you, a fucking drip, I quit, election manager’ grabbing her coat and bag, the girls clapped.

'Is this John?' 'Yes?' 'Still wanna buy me a drink?' 'Absolutely' 'meet me at the Temple bar' 'absolutely, give me ten minutes' he grinned meeting her, 'how did this happen?' 'Hardly relevant, tell me about you, John' he grinned, 'well, I'm in a band' she nodded, 'what's your style?' 'rock and roll' 'like Tom Petty or-' 'I fucking love Tom Petty' 'this is extremely good news, if someone doesn't have good records, don't fuck them' John grinned, 'I thought it was books' 'well, I know I did philosophy, so I don't expect you to have read Sartre' 'I did philosophy' 'well maybe I do' laughing a little and talking all evening, 'weren't you dating-' 'no, just a phase I was going through' John smiled, 'I like that phase' 'me too right now' he grinned, 'also I just quit my job so please give me a little bit of time to find a new one' John grinned, 'what exactly happened?' 'It’s a long story' 'I have time' 'maybe someday'.

Lucy smiled at Layla, ‘told you should come work with me’ ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ Layla smiled, ‘so, what is my job’ ‘you are my PA, ok?’ ‘PA, right’ ‘all you have to do is organise my appointments here at the university, how did the date go?’ ‘Really good, nice guy’ as Josh came in, ‘I dropped your stuff you had at Layla’s, how could you!?’ ‘Very easily, don’t let the the door hit you on the butt on the way out’ Layla grinned as he left high fiving, ‘you go girl’.

-x-

John held her in bed, ‘you ok?’ ‘Sorry, my body is still not ready’ giggling, ‘was I good?’ ‘you were incredible’ he grinned wrapping an arm round her, ‘I love you Miss Caswell’ ‘I love you too’ ‘will you tell me the long story now?’ laying on his front, ‘you are a catalyst, you know?’ he grinned, ‘alright, I can take that’ laughing a little, tangling his fingers, ‘I wasn’t in love with anyone, I had been dating this person for a bit, and then I met you and I expected things, he was a douche, and yeah, I realised I can be doing better’ John smiled, ‘and now you work in the university with your best friend and sleep next to me’ ‘exactly’ kissing him, he grinned kissing passionately, he got on top, ‘Layla was right, you are exactly what I need’ John grinned, ‘mutual darling’ making love again.

Lucy smiled bringing through food on the weekend, ‘I get weekends now’ ‘quitting your job?’ ‘hmm, well, I kinda didn’t like it all that much, I love helping people, and as you know I still volunteer but I wasn’t doing that, I was deferring stuff, and it was sucking the joy out of me’ he smiled, ‘so, do you like my band’ ‘now, I’ve heard it all, you’ve matured, I think Pioneer is my favourite though’ he grinned, ‘fine’ laughing a little, ‘why?’ ‘the lyrics are so much more you’ he grinned, ‘that’s because you’ve only seen one side of me’ ‘I think I’ve seen everything’ she winked, he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing passionately, caressing her sides gently, she smiled her long red hair tumbling over her shoulder, ‘you are so hot, seriously beautiful’ she smiled as he took a picture, kissing again, ‘we’ll stay in bed and get pizza’ ‘perfect woman’ she giggled.

Layla grinned, ‘someone’s getting laid’ Lucy smiled, ‘we spent all weekend in his bed, it was incredible’ Lucy smiled, ‘that’s awesome, is he good?’ ‘oh, he’s good, his hips are incredible, oh my god, and his lips and long fingers’ ‘I hope I see you happy with someone who is completely deserving of someone as fucking awesome as you’ ‘thank you’ laughing a little, she checker her emails, ‘the university are offering Masters programs in management?’ ‘Do you wanna do it?’ ‘Would you mind?’ ‘No, go for it, be a doctor in no time’ laughing a little and applying for the course after a deliberation, ‘fuck it’ applying.

-x-

6 months later:-

John smiled seeing Tim and Lucy in the offices, ‘hey Johnny’ kissing her, ‘what are you up to?’ ‘oh, Tim is allowing to do the weekend work here as placement for my masters, we were just discussing your US tour coming up’ he smiled, ‘ok’ laughing a little, ‘so, how long is your masters?’ ‘Oh, just a year’ Lucy nodded, John smiled, ‘so, we can get married at the end of that?’ ‘Sorry’ John grinned, Tim looking at him, ‘wow’ ‘oh, yeah’ ‘are you good with that?’ John asked, ‘are you sure, it’s been six months?’ Tim smiled, ‘there’s a first for everything, a girl reluctant to get married’ John darting his eyes, ‘I am not reluctant, I am just surprised’ John smiled, ‘a good surprised?’ ‘a nice surprised, you know I would, just wanna know you better before, being away so much, I make out with a pillow more’ laughing, ‘it’s cool but still’ John smiled, ‘good’ ‘also, I hope you do that again, is that what you want me to tell my mother’ he grinned, ‘good point’.

Layla smiled, ‘John proposed?’ ‘He did indeed, and did it again really well’ laughing a little, ‘how?’ ‘well, he did the fairy lights and proposed, lots of candles and things, it was lovely, but he refused to let me say yes, wanted me to do it in bed’ Layla grinned, ‘that is how you say yes, darling, so are you happy about it?’ ‘I wanna know him better and I can’t do that when he’s on the road so much’ she smiled, ‘but he is perfect and is romantic when he has to be, and I like him as much as I’m in love with him, so I’m not that bothered’ ‘good, much better than Josh?’ ‘Everything is better than Josh’ laughing a little, ‘so you don’t mind if I date him?’ ‘You’re kidding, you made me dump him?’ ‘Well, you didn’t like him all that much did you?’ ‘Well, not at the end but still, it’s not done, sleeping with your friend’s exes’ ‘well, I am deal with it’ heading out, Lucy shook her head, ‘that’s just wrong’.

John looked at her, ‘what’s up?’ ‘Layla is dating Josh’ John choked on his beer, ‘and that’s going to be awkward at dinner parties’ John laughed, ‘you are so over him aren’t you?’ giggling, ‘I am, I did so much better, but I don’t know, it’s just not classy’ John and her laughing, ‘I completely agree and she’s your best friend’ ‘she encouraged me to break up with him, and it’s just odd’ ‘so, you think she encouraged you’ ‘she was right, glad I did, but holy, that’s weird, isn’t it?’ ‘it is’ John nodded, ‘I think I’m glad that NAU has accepted my politics thesis for my PhD’ John laughed, ‘me too, cos I think that’s going to be weird’ ‘agreed, man, I’m worried, how does this work?’ shaking her head, ‘let’s get pizza’ John laughed, ‘are you going to move in, now we’re engaged’ ‘all my stuff is here bar my furniture, I’ll get in storage’ ‘good’ kissing, she ordered food, ‘make me climax before the pizza boy arrives?’ she whispered, ‘done’.

Lucy worked as they made out in her office, concentrating on her screen, he came past her, ‘glad you’re ok with it?’ ‘I don’t work here for much longer, so it’s not a big deal to me’ ‘is that a ring?’ ‘indeed, I got engaged a few weeks ago’ getting back to work, ‘oh, right’ heading off, Layla walking past her and not giving a shit, Lucy looked at the clock, this was her last month, in this office, ‘you hate work’ John muttered, ‘I do indeed, she doesn’t talk to me anymore, it used to be fun and now it feels like she’s trying to be better than me, I don’t know’ John nodded, ‘quit, I’ve paid the rent-’ ‘but then I look like I miss him and care what they’re doing’ ‘but you don’t so does it matter’ ‘are you sure?’ ‘Yes, you’re paid for the first in 6 weeks, I can do it’ ‘ok’ he grinned, ‘good, I don’t mind you off for six weeks anyway’ ‘I have a habit of quitting’ John laughed, ‘well’.

John smiled as she came in, ‘so got any wedding ideas?’ John asked, ‘I have indeed, is that ok?’ ‘Of course, I want a church wedding’ planning their wedding, ‘I wanna get married before the end of studies’ ‘that’s fine with me darling’ kissing her head, ‘so, what’s the plan?’ ‘well there’s a dress that goes through my family from the twenties, I’d like to wear that’ he grinned, ‘I like that, if you have your tradition, I hope I have mine in the future’ ‘I think that’s kinda cool to be honest’ John laughed, ‘agreed’ tracing her tummy, she giggled, ‘not quite yet, maybe the end of my PhD’ ‘fine with me’ kissing her neck softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’.

-x-

3 years later:-

'Johnny, come on walk for mummy' John smiled as she held his hands gently, he was now one years old, and was beginning to take his first steps, John grinned sitting behind Lucy as she let go off his hands, taking a video behind behind her as he took his first steps, 'well done Johnny!' he giggled, 'mama' hugging him, 'aren't you a precious little thing?' kissing his head, 'you're an amazing mother' 'thank you' he begun to pull at her shirt, 'alright, you want some mama, all good' breastfeeding him and picking him up, 'is work ok?' 'Yeah, it's all good' he smiled, 'am I a good dad?' 'Of course you are, gladder we had a boy first to be honest?' 'Why' 'cos girls gets issues, and stuff when their dad's aren't around much, I'm told' 'daddy issues?' 'Exactly' laughing a little, 'you want more?' 'I want one more or two, not sure' John grinned, 'good, I do want a girl' 'ok' talking about the future.

Johnny sat on John’s lap, strumming his dad’s guitar, John laughed, ‘want me to teach you?’ ‘please, papa’ he grinned, ‘pluck that string there’ John smiled as he pinged it, making him do it faster, ‘there you of you made a rhythm’ the boy clapped, ‘I love you kid’ sitting him on his lap, ‘you are very loved’ kissing his head, John heard the bell, ‘Lucy, you have a key’ ‘I forgot, you having a fun time?’ ‘you don’t look like you are’ ‘oh, don’t worry, just handed in my thesis, just nervous, thank you for noticing’ ‘I’ll get some pizza’ John smiled, ‘you are my hero’ he laughed, ‘I know, a real knight in shining armour’ laughing, ‘you better like pizza, Johnny, I think your mum might disown you’ laughing, ‘if you don’t like pizza Johnny, you’re weird, but then father like son’ ‘hey’ laughing.

They lived happily.