Making Up.

Swap.

The Great Swap.

'Lord, I have the wrong guitar, if anyone recognise this beauty and was around Sky Harbour recently, please let me know people!' tweeting about the guitar she seemed to have in her possession, she tried to look for clues and just found bits of lyrics, 'whoever has it, has a way with words' she grinned knowing she had just come back from Europe after an Arena tour she had more breaks than most, as John opened his guitar case and was a little taken aback by the fact the guitar wasn't his, 'oh, shit' he muttered, 'ermm, I have someone else's guitar, he didn't know what to do, getting his phone out, 'I seem to have picked up the wrong guitar.' John tweeted not knowing exactly what to do all that much.

Lucy noticed it pop up in her timeline, ‘aww, shucks, that’s possible, I swear’ she tried to find a number for 8123, ‘hello?’ ‘hello, I’m Lucy, I think John has my guitar’ ‘sorry’ ‘I was on his flight and I think I picked up his guitar by accident see my twitter’ directing him to it, ‘you’re Lucy Caswell, the singer’ ‘I know, I should take guitar of my guitar’ Tim smiled, ‘I really need it back can you get in touch with him and we’ll meet at your offices or something?’ ‘that’s fine, when can you make it, I’ll get in touch with him as soon as we’re off the phone’ ‘thank you, Tim right?’ ‘that’s me’ she grinned, ‘sorry, there’s no one else I’d rather have my guitar, he’s rather handy with one’ ‘you’re a fan?’ ‘I am indeed for a long time’ he grinned, ‘so, Monday around midday?’ ‘that’s fine’.

'Lucy has my guitar?' 'she does indeed John, she's going to be here Monday' 'wow, amazing, well she's good with guitars' 'she is, thinks you are too, she figured out from twitter, you were on her flight' 'thanks, glad she's returning it' 'I think she thinks it's mutual John' they laughed a little heading home, John looked at her guitar, 'you have an impressive owner' John smiled getting vack to work using it, maybe he might be inspired as she did the same.

-x-

'The great guitar swap' John smiled, 'it has great tone, you made an excellent choice' 'you use slinkies?' 'I do, I have 3-4 guitars for shows with different Ernie Ball sets but this set is my favourite, in fact it's called the Caswell set' John laughed, 'you have a set of strings named after you?' 'indeed I do, I won Ernie Ball, seems like it's come full circle' 'you won a couple of year before we were on it' she smiled, 'I was seventeen' 'how old are you?' 'I am 21, I'll go to college at some point and get a proper job which my mum always loves to tell me' she smiled, 'your dad?' 'oh, he's my tour manager so, I think he's up for it' John laughed, 'your dad comes with you?' 'no, I'd go mad but we get on well' she nodded, 'anyway, my management is quite similar to yours' 'indeed, you're not signed either are you?' 'they wanted me to be a country singer eurgh' John laughed, 'it's not my thing and people agree'.

'So you live in Arizona?' 'hmm I do, I live in Sedona' 'why wait until Monday?' 'I didn't need my guitar too quickly and in about a hour I knew it was in good hands' he smiled, 'glad you think so' as she put her guitar in the boot, 'if you ever wanna tour together I am up for it, you know?' 'oh, well yeah course' she smiled, 'good, I'll get people in touch with your people and sort something, though the venues are a little bit bigger' she smiled, 'are you good with that?' 'we're good with that' 'good, I've got Ben Howard on the Spring headliner around baseball grounds, great English soloist, if you can be my support as well, you'd be more than welcome' he grinned, 'I think that's possible' 'and, Nick Santino is also on this as well, isn't he?' 'you would blow his mind' 'I'm willing to take a chance on people, and the both of you are excellent chances' he grinned.

'I Met @johnmaine, today good guy, looking forward to seeing him again.' arranging the details for the spring, John text her, 'thanks for the mention' 'no problem, has everything been arranged?' 'indeed, Nick nearly died' Lucy giggled, 'well, do you wanna work on something for the tour, and I wouldn't mind working with you' he grinned, 'really?' 'if you don't mind?' 'course not' 'I'm in Arizona for a bit, wanna work on it over the Christmas period?' 'sure sounds good' he grinned, 'awesome, I'm really looking forward to it, you may be support, but you're all worthy of that stage' 'you are far too nice' 'I like to think honest' he grinned getting to sleep feeling stupidly happy.

-x-

John smiled, ‘a little bit jealous, own studio, I just hire a place, makes me think’ John nodded, ‘for us, it’s really useful’ ‘wanna work on a new song together?’ ‘sure’ sitting next to him, ‘so, got any ideas’ ‘I always have little verses and choruses has written’ she smiled opening her book, ‘you do’ he smiled, ‘I don’t know, I’m a procrastinator, so I alway make sure I have bits ready’ John laughed, ‘that’s cool, that one is a pretty good chorus’ pointing at Everything Has Changed, she smiled, ‘it is, I just never know when to finish it, I have a chorus and a verse I wrote it recently’ ‘can I hear it?’ ‘course’ she smiled standing up, playing a tune singing her song, ‘that’s really beautiful, may I’ ‘go for it’ working on something, he grinned, ‘he’s a lucky dude’ she smiled, ‘I don’t think he knows it’ she smiled looking at him with all the dumb feels she had gathered.

Working over Christmas, ‘think we’re good to record’ she nodded, ‘I think so’ ‘who’s releasing it’ ‘8123 can, I’m pretty good, and you make this song really’ he smiled, ‘are you sure’ ‘I’m fine’ ‘ok, I’ll let Tim know’ ‘ok’ John smiled, he was wearing that red cable knit again, she slumped, she wanted to wear that red Sweater in his bedroom, ‘Lucy, you looked lost’ ‘sorry, I was just thinking’ ‘dangerous’ ‘I’ve definitely learnt that’ she smiled, ‘so, what’s up?’ ‘vibes’ he laughed, ‘is Vibes making a comeback?’ ‘I hope so, cos I wanna say groovy in normal conversation again’ John laughed, ‘are you good to go?’ ‘I’m good’ getting in the studio, Lucy smiled as the track begun to play recording the song and getting it done, she sighed in relief, ‘good’ ‘excellent’ she nodded, ‘John’ ‘hmm?’ ‘close your eyes’ ‘ok’ she kissed him softly on the lips, he looked at her, ‘I really like you’ she blushed, he grinned, ‘mutual, you’re my distraction’ ‘you make me lost in thought’ John blushed, ‘mutual’ kissing again.

John held her in bed, ‘I think I fell for you, I’m not just saying it, cos-’ ‘I trust you, the fame thing isn’t your style, I know that’ ‘good, I just don’t want you to think’ ‘I wouldn’t think that, you’re amazing in bed’ he grinned, ‘well, the only person I wanna please is you’ ‘good to know, Johnny’ caressing his cheek, ‘we’re only touring once, I don’t want people thinking’ ‘let ‘em think, darling, we’ll tour again, the thinking a population can do, is nothing compared to my thinking about you, the song we’re singing is about you’ he blushed pulling her close, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’.

-x-

6 months later:-

John smiled, ‘welcome home’ finishing the tour in Chase Field, ‘last tour now , new album recording’ she smiled, ‘good’ kissing her deeply, holding her tight, he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ she smiled, ‘I don’t know, I was gonna ask you something, but don’t worry about it, you were really awesome tonight’ John took her hand and walked with her backstage they had met fans for hours this morning and now had the opportunity to go home, ‘I’m glad you could all come’ she smiled ‘me too’ rubbing noses, ‘I just wanna get you home’ she smiled, ‘I was thinking you should move in’ kissing her neck, ‘oh, god-’ John chuckled his breath tickling her skin, ‘I love you’ ‘you’re better than I ever imagined’ ‘hmm, I like it’.

'I am so moving for that' he grinned kissing her, 'what was the question?' 'I ermm, really would like you to come with me to some stuff with me, some awards and stuff, I know you don't like LA, myself not a big fan either but' John smiled, 'I'd love to but' 'it's fine, I'll go alone, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable' 'are you sure you're fine with it' 'I'm not fine but I'd rather you happy darling' caressing his cheek, he smiled weakly, 'you don't need me there' 'no, but I guess I feel alone at these things, with you I have a kindred spirit' he smiled, 'hmm, can I think about it' 'in girl language, that's a hell no' he grinned, 'thank you, but I have a dick' 'hmm, I know' she smirked, 'but, I'll think about it' she giggled, 'fine John, do whatever you want' he smiled, 'I've upset you haven't I?' 'no, it's fine' 'that's girl language, for fuck off' she smiled, 'I am not telling you to subconsciously fuck off' laughing.

'What do I do?' John asked Jared, 'I think you're being a little insensitive' 'you think?' 'think of it this way, she loves you, you love her right? Took long enough' 'I do love her a lot, in love with her' 'and you know you don't like that scene' 'I don't' 'and, you're worried people will think you're riding her coattails' 'well a little, she's a huge thing and we're not' 'we're bigger and in every interview she gave she said nice things about us when asked, I don't understand, who cares who holds you in high regard unless she does?' Jared smiled, 'you're a good friend Jared' he grinned, 'but I don't know' 'go to one with her, see how it goes' John nodded 'good idea' 'it's 3 you said' 'hmm' 'free drinks' laughing.

'We're going' she smiled hugging him, 'but just one, not every single one and I want to trial it, cos I don't wanna look' 'like your riding coattails, I know, I should have thought of it, it's fine, if you don't for your pride, it's fine' he smiled, 'you sure?' 'I'm sure, I'm glad you care so much' he grinned, 'I love you' 'I love you too, don't worry about it, and you'll like the first one' 'why?' 'Tom Petty is playing' 'you would have made my mind up quicker if you had told me that' they laughed, 'I'll cook and we'll go to bed' 'can we do it the other way round, we'll eat strawberries, baby' kissing her softly, 'eurgh, I'm so easy for you' John grinned picking her up, 'good'.

John smiled at her, she grinned back, ‘hey I’m Jimmy’ she smiled, ‘hey’ ‘I was thinking maybe we should get to know one another better?’ ‘in what way’ ‘in every way’ she laughed a little, ‘I’m very happily taken thank you’ ‘he’s not good enough for you’ ‘no, he’s too good, the guy’s a lyrical genius’ John overhearing a little as he chatted to someone, ‘oh, come on, he’s just indie fool riding your coattails’ ‘no, I don’t think so, he’s brilliant and I’m lucky to have him’ John smiled blushing, ‘what has he got that I don’t?’ ‘a brain, the ability to keep me awake all night, and he doesn’t have to be in my presence’ John cleared his throat, ‘I think the lady is telling you to fuck off’ John kissing her softly, ‘not worth my time anyway, enjoy your awards while you can’ the guy laughing, ‘I really have that ability’ ‘oh yes’ he grinned.

John laughed explaining the scene to the guys, they laughed, ‘she was incredible, I’ve never heard anyone talk about me like that’ he blushed grinning, ‘she really does love you’ Jared smiled, ‘I like her a lot’ ‘good, me too, she’s a good friend, never mind girlfriend’ ‘good, that’s how it should be’ Jared smiled, John grinned, ‘I can’t wait for the next one, there’s nothing like kissing someone when someone else wants to and doesn’t have a chance’ Jared laughed, ‘you’re awesome’ ‘thank you’.

-x-

2 years later:-

'24 babe' she smiled, 'indeed' she sighed, 'what?' 'Nothing, just feeling older does that make sense? I want an easier life, can we just lock ourselves in the house and not leave?' John chuckled, 'darling, today we can' 'good' John kissed her deeply, 'you're still so beautiful though, I'm so glad you kissed me, I was just scared' 'why do you think I made you close your eyes' he grinned, 'I do indeed' they giggled, 'remember you telling me to close your eyes' pulling her close to her, 'I wanna spend my days with you' kissing her neck, 'hmm' he grinned, 'you're making a new album aren't you?' 'I am indeed' she smiled 'soon, February 1st it begins again' 'you're not enthused?' 'when I get there, I will' she smiled, making love again.

'I'm worried about you' 'I'm worried' he nodded, 'do you wanna keep playing?' 'I've been doing this for years, actual years, just leaving and entering country after country state after state, I have all the awards, look at them, CMA's, teen choice, VMA's, even a Brit!' she sighed, 'but I don't know, I'd rather write then sing, I'm bored, I've never seen anything and I've been everywhere, I've made departure lounges my home' John pulled her in as she begun to cry, 'maybe it's because I never loved anyone until I met you' John smiled, 'neither did I, but you made me write more, I get to write beautiful love songs just for you' kissing her nose, she blushed, 'well, we sung the one we did' John smiled, 'you have to do what makes you happy, I'm still going to be in love with you, if you took a break, you can plan our wedding' he grinned, 'what?'

'I think this is perfect' John grinned, 'good, think you can be happy' 'I am writing' 'god, try and stop her' she giggled kissing him, 'I love you, we need to find a date that suits you darling in the 4 months so we can have a honeymoon' he grinned, 'hmm, well how about next week' she looked at him, 'we can find a church and you need a dress and some rings, we'll have the reception here, we'll get a caterer' 'you really don't do romance do you?' Joh laughed, 'no' 'that's ok, I like it I'll find a church' he grinned, 'I love you' 'I love you too' they giggled, 'I'm glad I made you enthused again' she smiled, 'thank you but all I need is you' 'mutual'.

John held her a week later on a beach in Hawaii, ‘we left the bedroom’ ‘I’m wishing we hadn’t’ he grinned squeezing her butt, ‘Mrs O’Callaghan, you need to write an album when you get home’ ‘I’m going to write a really filthy song, that My Heroine will look like a choirboy hymn’ John laughed, ‘I can’t wait’ she kissed him, ‘but first I need inspiration’ he laughed, ‘you need more?’ they giggled heading back to bed.

they lived happily.