Making Up.

First Time For Everything.

Sitting on the wall of the beach she laughed as the guys tried far too hard, ‘hey!’ ‘I’m sorry’ ‘never get a girlfriend at this rate’ ‘you don’t look like a guy who wants one’ ‘well, I do, I want a girl with a mind like a diamond, and to give one too’ she smiled, ‘who wouldn’t? I can’t help you I’ve never been in love, I kinda watch it happen to other people’ he smiled, ‘that’s what happens to me too, my best friend has been with his girlfriend years-’ ‘that’s cos he’s your stabiliser, he has to slow you down’ ‘what’s your name?’ ‘I’m Lucy, but everyone calls me Lucy’ he smiled, ‘John’ she nodded, ‘what do you do?’ ‘I’m in a band’ he ran his fingers through his hair, ‘it’s called The Maine?’ ‘I heard you when I was younger on Warped I think-’ he smiled, ‘oh, cool’ she nodded, ‘I’m a philosophy student, as ASU, I’m on Spring Break’ he smiled, ‘I started philosophy’ ‘really?’ he smiled nodding, ‘what do you think of Sartre?’ ‘How about we discuss this over a beer?’ he nodded, ‘sounds good’.

Talking all afternoon about philosophy and life, and family and everything else, was pretty good, ‘when you come back to Arizona-’ ‘I’m back there Monday’ she smiled, ‘do you wanna meet up again?’ ‘sure, sure, I’ll give you my number’ writing it down in a notepad, and passed it to him, ‘I just think you could be the kinda girl I get to do that stuff with’ Lucy smiled, ‘that’s very sweet of you’ taking her hand, ‘how long are you in California for?’ ‘Until Saturday’ she nodded, ‘we should hang out maybe?’ ‘I’d like that’ ‘do you like Tom Petty, he’s playing down the beach, and my friends ill, she can’t go, wanna come?’ ‘I love Tom Petty, as much as I wish your friend was better-’ ‘its fine, don’t worry, meet me at Newport Beach, Friday morning maybe around 10?’ ‘Love to’ he grinned, ‘you like good music’ ‘I grew up with him playing’ she smiled, ‘see you then’.



Finding him was easy with his height was pretty easy, ‘your ticket’ he smiled, ‘it seems small’ ‘the tickets are a little exclusive, we won them, but she’s ill and doesn’t like Tom Petty, which I kinda find difficult to understand’ he laughed, ‘mutual’ John took her hand and went on the beach passing his ticket, he was sitting on a beach with about a hundred people, ‘have you met him?’ ‘no’ ‘well, it’s your lucky day-’ he smiled, ‘serious?’ ‘indeed, there’s only a hundred people here’ John grinned, ‘I think I could love you’ she laughed ‘that feels quite mutual right now, that’s find a nice spot’ John nodded, ‘course’ ‘I have a camera, don’t worry’ ‘glad you’re prepared’ they smiled, chatting a little, until the show begun.

John text everyone about the gig, even Nick just so they could be a little jealous, ‘put your phone away, and dance with me, this is my favourite’ John grinned, ‘fine with me’ dancing on the beach to the sound of Mary Jane’s Last Dance, laughing, the set finishing with Wildflowers, they slow danced, giggling, ‘thank you’ ‘oh, no problem, it was a pleasure’ John kissed her head, ‘best date ever’ they laughed, heading towards a table where the signing was, ‘I think you should tell him about Pioneer and what you did’ he smiled, ‘I googled you, I suggest you never do that, but-’ he laughed, ‘thank you’ ‘I wanted to make sure you weren’t lying’ John nodded, ‘fine with me’ she nodded, taking her hand, ‘you think?’ ‘He’d love that record John’ ‘you think?’ ‘This man is all about musical integrity’ John nodded with a grin, ‘maybe’ ‘you don’t I will’.

Lucy made him wait until last, ‘hello!’ ‘finally’ they laughed, ‘good to meet you’ ‘it’s amazing to meet you, you’re like my hero’ John smiled, ‘well, thank you’ ‘John’s in a band called The Maine’ ‘oh, awesome’ ‘they made their last album off label, cos they wanted to do whatever they wanted’ John poked her feeling nervous, ‘is that Pioneer?’ John shook with fear, ‘that’s a great record, you should be proud, maybe get in touch, support me on a US tour in the fall’ Lucy thought she’d have to pick his jaw up, ‘yeah, yes-’ he gulped, ‘awesome, pictures’ ‘please, Lucy?’ ‘course’ taking a picture on John’s iPhone, and getting one together, and John took one of them, ‘it was good to meet you John, hopefully see you again’ Tom smiled, ‘I hope so too!’ they laughed, walking off the beach.

'I wouldn't have said anything' 'I know, but you could support him!' 'but, that would be mad' 'for god's sake, you get paid to sing isn't that mad enough' he smiled, looking at her, 'sorry-' kicking the sand, 'but the point is, John that guy knew your record' 'he did' John grinned, 'good, now I'm hungry, you up for that' John tweeted his picture, 'you take a good photo' 'thanks, I like to call myself a good amateur' John smiled, 'here I'll give you a ride' she laughed, jumping on his back, 'do you surf?' Lucy asked, 'you'd be good at it' 'do you?' 'I do a little, I'm a bad amateur at that' he laughed, 'I'll teach you' 'fine with me, wedge?' 'You know where to go at least' they laughed, heading for his car, they headed towards the wedge.

Sipping beers as college guys played six cup, she thought of Let It Roll, ‘whatcha thinking?’ ‘song by All Time Low, Let It Roll’ she smiled, ‘it’s on So Wrong, isn’t it?’ she nodded, ‘they talk about this place in the song’ food arriving she ate fries, talking over food, about their morning, and their plans for the weeks rolling in, ‘you move around a bit, huh?’ he laughed, ‘I do, think you can handle it, if that’s possible’ ‘I think if it’s the right person you can do anything’ tangling fingers, ‘knew I’d find you here!’ Jared called, ‘I saw your picture, so jealous, oh sorry’ John kept holding her hand, ‘it’s no problem, really, we were going to go to the beach but if you wanna join us?’ Jared sat next to her, ‘sorry’ ‘it’s fine really’ she smiled, ‘so, who are you?’ ‘I’m Jared, John’s best friend and band mate’ ‘gingers stick together’ high fiving, John laughed, ‘he has a type’ laughing, John pulled her next to him, wrapping an arm round her, as the others joined them.

'I'm sorry we got hijacked' 'oh, it was fine, they're good people you're very lucky to play with such good people' she smiled, John pulled her close, 'I'll see you in Arizona, right?' 'you have my number, call me, we'll get pizza' he laughed, 'I know a nice Italian, we'll go there' 'sounds lovely, I'll see you on the other side of the border' he laughed, 'you will' she kissed his cheek, 'you made my week' 'so did you, maybe my life' she laughed, 'who knows?' shrugging, she went home with a grin on his face, as John repeated what Tom Petty had said, Jared gasped, 'you told him?' 'no, Lucy did, I wasn't sure-' 'good job she did, honestly' they laughed.



John met her on Monroe, picking her up and hugging her, ‘it’s been 5 days, not 6 weeks’ he grinned, ‘I know, but I missed you all the same’ kissing her cheek, she smiled, ‘wanna go inside?’ ‘I will eventually, after I tell how beautiful you are tonight’ she blushed, he grinned, wanting to kiss her so badly, ‘come on, food’ she smiled, ‘good idea’ before she turned into a puddle in front of him, he took her hand and led her to a table, ‘I was hoping, you’d be my girlfriend?’ pulling a seat out for her, she sat down, ‘I’d be happy too, if you don’t mind, it’s quite a change, to take responsibility for something like that’ ‘I think we’re kinda right for one another, and I think I’m falling for you’ ‘well, that’s very mutual’ he grinned ‘good, it’s a new feeling’ ‘oh, I know’ they laughed, ‘it’s a little scary something you can’t define’ John smiled, ‘I know’ he nodded, ordering food.

Catching up, talking about favourite films and all the other stuff you hope you have in common, as the bill came, ‘I was ermm, wondering, if you wanted to come to my place?’ he smiled, ‘are you sure?’ she nodded with a grin, he pulled her close and kissed her deeply ‘I’ve wanted to do that since I’ve known you’ ‘we don’t have to, just sleep’ ‘I’d like that’ he nodded, walking home with her, taking her hand, ‘is this yours?’ ‘Well, I rent it, I really like Arizona, so I’ve decided to keep this place’ ‘what are you doing here?’ ‘Oh, from September, I work for a senator in Tempe?’ John nodded, ‘that kinda seems right for you’ ‘work Monday to Thursday here, I’ll find a weekend job, I guess’ ‘you have no need, I like the idea of taking care of you’ she smiled, ‘you’re very sweet’ ‘I wanna spoil you, and just be here for you’ she kissed him softly, ‘mutual, John’ he smiled, heading for her room, she took her dress off, ‘you’re going to see it eventually’ he laughed, as she slipped a shirt on, ‘just Google me’ ‘no, never again’ laughing.

Lucy rested n John’s chest, as he played with her hair, ‘this is exactly where I wanna be’ ‘don’t stop now’ he smiled, ‘you’ve been revising’ she laughed a little, ‘maybe a tiny bit’ giggling, ‘you’re precious sweetheart’ ‘so, are you Lucy darling’ falling asleep holding her.

'Pancakes?' he smiled, 'that would be amazing' she smiled passing some on a plate to him in bed, getting in beside him with her own, he smiled at her, 'good?' 'very, I have pancakes and I'm waking up with you next to me she blushed, 'I think this must be what falling is about' 'oh definitely' kissing softly, sticky lips smacking they giggled, 'I am going to be so busy' 'I know, don't worry' he nodded, 'whoever he is, you don't have to worry' 'hey!' they laughed, Lucy snuggled into him, 'definitely, exactly where I wanna be' 'mutual' kissing him gently, he grinned.



A month later:-

'Come in!' he smiled, dropping his bag at the door, 'how was it?' 'it was awesome, I wish you had been there' she nodded, 'I will one day' turning down the music, 'let it roll?' 'indeed' John kissed her, 'reminds me of when we met' 'indeed' she nodded, 'Lucy I love you, I'm in love with you' she nodded, 'I'm in love with you too, could have told you ages ago' he smiled, 'I know, I wanted to know I meant it, but I do love you so much, it must be this feeling, cos it feels so good, Lucy' 'mutual' kissing deeply, 'I want to make you happy, always' she nodded, 'let me make you happy' he grinned, heading for the bedroom, as she tugged on his lip.

John pulled her on top, kissing passionately, she unbuttoned his shirt kissing down his body, she hooked his boxers and flung somewhere in her room, he grinned, going down on him, running her fingers up and down his body, he groaned, as she used her fingers on herself, ‘are you?’ she moaned onto him, he grinned, thrusting forward, he was panting knowing he was pretty close, she got on top grinding against him, his breath getting lost, as she moved on top of him, ‘oh, Lucy, babe-’ holding her, she gasped, moaning, moving as one, they climaxed together, John holding her, ‘it’s my turn to make you happy, Lucy’ she smiled, ‘maybe in the shower’ he grinned, ‘anywhere you like my love’ she blushed, he rolled on top of her, ‘actually, I change my mind’, she smiled, making love, falling asleep holding her.



'You have to meet my family, I've met yours' 'that was accidental' he laughed, 'but you were still my girlfriend, and they liked me' 'and they knew who you were' John smiled, 'I can only imagine what you tell them about me' she kissed him, 'I have plenty of thing to say, but I'll leave it at, fuck how do I walk again?' he laughed, 'I'm sorry baby, I was a little eager' holding her waist, 'clearly still are' he kissed her neck, 'I love you darling' 'I love you too' holding her tighter, 'well, when do you wanna see them?' 'I was thinking today, but I think I just wanna get to know this body better' she blushed, 'oh, John, you're going to kill me' he grinned, 'but you'll die happy, babe' falling into bed, 'you make an excellent point' they giggled, kissing her deeply, 'how am I ever going to stop you' 'you'd have to stop being you' she laughed, 'I am not changing' they giggled.

'John' she gasped, rolling her hips, 'fucking hell-' scratching his back, 'babe-' climaxing, he drove into her deeper, the feeling beginning again, she gasped, moaning loudly, 'John, honey, I can't-' climaxing with him again, 'are you ok' 'I ermm, blacked out' 'wow, I don't think I've done that before' she tried to breath, he smiled, 'right, that's it, you've nearly killed me enough' 'once' she grinned, 'come on, let's meet the wonder woman that is Jenny' he laughed, as she flung on clothes, holding her, 'how does that happen' 'it's when you can't breathe, and not enough oxygen is going to my head, I think' he grinned, 'I did nearly kill you' he smirked 'John, shut up' he laughed, as she blushed, he kissed her, 'fine, but that is quite an achievement' she laughed, 'you're an amazing lover' 'so are you' giggling, 'come on, lover boy' he laughed, 'fine'.

'This is Lucy my girlfriend' his brother choked on his beer, 'lovely to meet you' she smiled, 'nice to meet you too, how did you meet?' 'we met at Venice Beach' John grinned, holding her 'in California, you're the girl he saw Tom Petty with' 'yes I am' she smiled, John held her hand, 'one of the best days of my life' 'have you got in touch with him yet?' 'no-' 'John' she poked him, 'he said your record was awesome, and offered a tour, and you do nothing-' Jenny grinned, 'wanna get rid of him?' 'no, of course not, I just think you should take every opportunity, cos they aren't around for long' John nodded, 'fine, I'll do something' 'good' they giggled, 'I just-' 'it's fine' he grinned.

Heading home, ‘your brother seemed surprised’ ‘I’ve nearly killed two people in a day’ she laughed, ‘being your girlfriend seems to be a little surprising’ ‘cos you’re the first, and I love you, so much’ ‘I love you too’ kissing softly, turning into a French kiss, ‘the taste of your mouth is so nice’ he grinned, ‘I wanna take you home, again, but first, it’s our month, I bought you this’ ‘John you didn’t-’ ‘I know, but I wanted to’ revealing a charm bracelet, ‘that’s beautiful’ ‘not as beautiful as you’ kissing his cheek, ‘I’m going to buy a new one, every time we do something important’ she kissed him, ‘you are precious’ sliding it on her wrist, looking at the love heart charm, ‘no, you are’ picking her up, and heading home, ‘let’s see if you can get me to blackout’ he smirked, ‘I hope I can’ she smirked, hitting the mattress.



A year later:-

Lucy played with her charm bracelet, it started with the the love heart, and then there was the house, John moving in, and then the guitar, their first US Tour together, then the UK tour he’d made her come on, the little union Jack hanging on to the bracelet, he smiled at her, as she was watching him in the Marquee, leaning on the stage entrance, ‘all good?’ Joel asked quietly, ‘perfectly, it’s nice that’s he’s home just for a tiny bit’ she smiled, ‘miss him?’ ‘more than he knows, I don’t think there’s any getting used to it, but hell he’s too good to ever want to stop him’ Joel smiled, ‘you’re kinda perfect for one another, he was lucky to meet you’ ‘I was lucky to meet him’ they smiled.

'Lucy, my love-' John picked her up, which threw her a little, 'I hope we can add another charm' 'it's our first year anniversary' 'I know, Lucy' she grinned, 'I remember the date I met the first person I fell in love with' 'so do I' she smiled, 'so?' 'well, I have this charm' he grinned, seeing a little one charm, she smiled, she clipped it on, 'but, I have another one, but there's something you have to do first' 'ok-' he smiled, 'I would like you to marry me?' she looked at him, 'are you sure?' he laughed, 'Lucy, I'm in love with you, and I hope you feel the same' she kissed him, 'you know it, yes, John' he grinned, 'good' attaching a little ring to her bracelet, and sliding a ring on her finger, everyone watching, she wiped her eyes, just holding him, 'I love you' 'I love you' kissing her head, as Jenny hugged them both.

John held her in bed, ‘we’re going to be married’ ‘we are’ she smiled, resting on his chest, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, with all my heart’ he grinned, ‘mutual’ pulling her close, ‘I just like the idea of having a whole lotta future with you, children running around, and growing old with you’ she smiled, ‘I’d like that’ he smiled, ‘I’m glad baby’ kissing her head, ‘wanna practice?’ ‘Thought you’d never ask’ they giggled.

They lived happily.