Making Up.

Events.

'I wanna get out and build my own home on a street where reality is like dreams I've had.. .’ John smiled as she sang along to her iPod, he didn't think she knew she was singing out loud, 'daydreaming, daydreaming all the time' finally the bus arriving, she took a headphone out and paid for the trip to Temple, John sitting next to her, 'hey' 'hello' 'nice voice' 'I was out loud' 'oh, not very loud, but you do have a nice one' 'thank you' 'been in Arizona long?' 'No, no, just moved here' 'oh, cool why?' 'oh, work brought me here, I teach History and Civics here' 'cool, do you enjoy it' 'it's the only thing I've wanted to really do, mainly cos my teachers were terrible' 'well, you got here' 'I did a lot of revision' laughing a little, 'so you're 23?' 'I am, my name is Lucy, by the way' 'I'm John, sorry, that is kinda rude, sorry' laughing a little, 'I like you' he grinned, 'mutual'.

'So, what was that song?' 'Daydreaming by Paramore I think' 'where did you move from?' 'shall we change this to 21 questions' 'if you want?' he smirked, she laughed a little, 'I moved from Maine' 'you shit me' 'I shit you not' 'I'm in a band called The Maine' 'oh, that's nice, any chance that's because of Ivory' 'marry me now, we can have gorgeous children' 'with long necks' she smirked, 'looking at mine, but Jesus we'll make giraffes' John laughed, 'come on, I'll buy you food' 'you know the way to a dieting girl's heart' 'you diet, why you're fucking gorgeous, the dress would suck without you' 'alright, you seduced me' he grinned, 'you good with pizza, not buying salad' 'only if you're free now?' 'seeing as I proposed, you became my new priority' she giggled, 'come on then, you better lead' 'everywhere?' he winked, she blushed.

Lucy smiled, ‘so you’re a musician?’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘do you like Blink’ ‘not really?’ ‘Do you like Tom Petty’ ‘fucking love Tom Petty’ ‘excellent’ he grinned, ‘death cab or New Found Glory’ ‘Death Cab’ she smiled, ‘good’ he smiled, ‘are you testing me?’ ‘well, when I’m shotgun in our future people carrier with our long necked gorgeous children, we should be listening to something good’ John laughed, ‘what’s the last band that you head that you knew you’d listen to for life?’ ‘Before yours’ he smirked, ‘haha’ ‘sorry, I’ve never heard you but, maybe Balance and Composure’s album is awesome, Seahaven’ ‘cool, and the last song that made you cry?’ ‘Andria by La Dispute’ ‘you like bands no one’s heard of’ ‘I have an internet connection and unemployment for summer’ he grinned, ‘alright, fine’ laughing and talking all night, ‘why Andria’ ‘my favourite line, if I can’t love you as a lover, I will love you as a friend’.

-x-

John smiled sitting her on the bar of the place the band were practicing in, ‘we just got back from Warped’ ‘of course, yes, I to be honest was there but missed you’ ‘not sure I’m glad’ ‘you go ahead’ he grinned, ‘fine’ watching them practice, she shrugged her coat off and got a lollipop, ‘you can’t do that to me?’ ‘it’s how I quit smoking’ he grinned, ‘when I have a cigarette urge I suck a lollipop’ he bit his lip, ‘you are a bad wife’ ‘I’ll be a very good one’ she winked, John grinned getting back after their whispered conversation, Lucy finishing her chupa chup, John smiled, ‘this is Lucy’ ‘hello’ ‘she’s a teacher’ ‘in what?’ ‘History and Civics’ ‘cool’ ‘not boring’ ‘not how I teach it’ she smiled.

Lucy walked with him into town, ‘you good?’ ‘very’ grabbing her waist, he looked in her blue eyes, as she flicked her long red hair, he grinned, ‘you are beautiful’ ‘good, but let’s not go all tiny vessels quite yet’ he grinned, ‘you like that one Transatlanticism’ ‘you prefer the sound of settling, I’m guessing’ he smiled moving in to kiss her, ‘Lucy!’ ‘oh, Rose, how are you?’ John trying to stop glaring, ‘boyfriend?’ ‘getting there’ ‘oh, god sorry, be off’ John laughed, ‘I was gonna kiss you’ ‘I do apologise, but I think that killed the moment’ he smiled, ‘it did rather’ ‘dammit’ giggling, ‘would you like me to?’ ‘who doesn’t wanna be kissed?’ he grinned brushing her lips softly, ‘cherry’ ‘lipbalm’ ‘I like it’.

John walked holding her hand, ‘so, you like Arizona?’ ‘it’s a bit regressive and you like guns, everyone is just ready to kill here, it’s so weird’ John smiled sitting down with her, ‘and bolos, why you love them so much, I crossed the country, not a century’ John laughed, ‘yeah, we’re a bit weird over here, why did you move so far?’ ‘I used to come here as a kid, there’s a lake I used to go to and stuff, be like when I was a kid’ he grinned, ‘I like that’ asking him questions for once it seemed, John smiled, ‘that’s cool’ laughing a little, ‘so, you must love music’ ‘it gets me through, in fact I run a music club at the school so we all get together, everyone brings a record, and we listen and see if we like it, I like mondays for that reason’ he grinned, ‘that’s cool, do they play stuff?’ ‘some are in bands, and tend to play stuff they’ve made too’ ‘that’s cool’.

-x-

John smiled, ‘I wanted to see your Monday Music club’ ‘come in’ John smiled, ‘oh my god miss’ Elise whispered, ‘that’s John O’Callaghan’ ‘he’s a friend of mine’ ‘is it alright if I play something I made’ ‘absolutely’ Elise grinned, John chuckled, ‘in case you don’t know, I’m John I’m in a band called The Maine, we come from round here’ sitting on a desk, ‘we all know who you are, Elise is good at that’ ‘you haven’t turned them against me have you?’ ‘I try not to’ laughing, ‘Miss do you know his band?’ ‘not really, you go ahead John’ ‘is Thinking Of You’ ‘that’s perfectly fine’ playing his guitar and singing, the group clapped, ‘that was awesome’ laughing, ‘so do you like this club?’ ‘it’s the only one I can identify with, people who like music’ John smiled, ‘I get that, can I play Identify?’ ‘absolutely’ ‘can I record this so I know it’s real?’ laughing at Elise.

'You nearly gave that girl a heart attack' John laughed, 'I apologise' putting his guitar in the back, 'it was good to see you though' John smiled helping her in the car, 'it's good to see you too, it's been a while since I dated, so I'm not sure, but I just felt like I should' 'I'm glad you did, you were a nice addition and you listened to them and I like that' 'why?' 'cos you shouldn't judge someone on how they treat their equals, but how they treat their 'inferiors” John smiled at her, 'so good move' 'excellent move' he grinned, 'good' sitting in the dessert, reclining their seats, 'thought you might like to see a clear sky' 'thank you' he grinned tangling fingers with hers, she smiled, 'wanna sit in the back instead?' 'sure'.

Lucy grinned sitting oh his lap, kissing passionately, John’s hand resting his hand on her ass, ‘Lucy, I’d marry you still’ she giggled kissing his head, ‘mutual, John you prove yourself to be a very brilliant man’ he grinned kissing more softly, he rested his hand on her waist, ‘I think I love you’ ‘I think that might be possible for me too’ he grinned, ‘do you want to in the car?’ ‘I’ve never done it in a car?’ ‘really?’ ‘nope, is it easy?’ ‘I think we should be in bed’ ‘at least we can stay in bed Johnny’ he grinned, ‘excellent point’.

-x-

6 months later:-

'What's happened?' 'she was in an accident, a drunk driver went into her car, unfortunately she was the recipient' holding her hand softly, 'is there a chance she'll wake?' 'we have high hopes' it was the beginning of the summer holidays as well, he was glad she was home, 'is anything broken?' 'nothing, it was just to her head' 'will she come round normal' 'she should do, when your bosy goes into shock this happens' 'ok' John nodded as the nurse left, 'please Lucy wake up, I need you, we have to have long necked gorgeous children' the women smiled in the bed next door, 'she's lucky to have you' 'no, I'm lucky to have her' he grinned holding her hand, 'do you remember' talking to her, hoping somehow she could hear.

John rubbed his face trying to get back to recording, it was spring break, she had to wake up, ‘John go home, you can’t focus’ he ended up back in the hospital sitting next to her holding her hand, after a week of being there, he felt a soft squeeze, her eyes opening, ‘where am I?’ she murmured, ‘are you ok?’ ‘I’m ok I think’ calling a nurse, John grinned, ‘she’s awake’ ‘hello?’ ‘do you know him?’ ‘he’s my boyfriend, oh my god I have so much marking to do’ John laughed, ‘would you like me to bring your books in?’ ‘please’ ‘this is so rare, you should know that’ John nodded, ‘what happened?’ ‘you were in a coma, you’ve been out for a week?’ ‘a week, oh my god’ John grinned, ‘you’re going to marry me in the summer holidays, I can’t deal with this’ ‘fine with me, finally a cool surname’ he grinned.

Lucy got home, feeling a little wobbly still, ‘I need to catch up and I wanna holiday can we do that?’ ‘course, darling’ ‘oh, god recording, why aren’t you recording?’ ‘you were in hospital Lucy, I was scared’ Lucy hugged him tight, ‘darling, you should go and record and then we’ll go on holiday’ he smiled, ‘ok then, I’ll get back to it, they’re just laying instruments and stuff’ she shook her head, ‘come on, you need to be the other place you belong’ he grinned, ‘guys she’s awake and really good’ ‘she’s fine’ ‘she’s fine, apparently it’s really rare, but her brain is fine, she was shock induced, something, I don’t know’ ‘that’s awesome!’ getting back to work.

John smiled, ‘did you mean what you said about Summer?’ ‘I did indeed’ he smiled, ‘when you were in hospital did you hear me?’ ‘I think so, were you telling me about the time the monkey going through memories?’ John nodded with a smile, Lucy smile hugging him, ‘I wish that it didn’t happen, you looked so scared’ John smiled, ‘do you feel any different’ ‘is it weird to feel happier?’ ‘you’re so weird’ giggling, he grinned, ‘come on babe’ taking his hand, ‘you need taking care of’ he grinned making love all night, ‘is it impossible for your hormones to have gone crazy’ she smiled sadly, ‘what?’ ‘the nurse told e something in the hospital?’ ‘what?’ ‘I don’t wanna make you feel bad’ ‘Lucy, you were pregnant, weren’t you?’ she nodded, weakly, ‘well, you’ll need to go back someday then, just wasn’t meant to happen’ ‘and that’s why I’m in love with you’ he grinned.

'Is there a ring you'd like?' John asked in bed, 'not diamonds, I'm a M size, ok?' he grinned, 'that's it?' 'diamonds just look like broken glass to me, don't' 'promise' John snuggling into her, falling asleep, she didn't wake until midday, 'so tired' 'mad, you were asleep for a week!' laughing a little, she yawned, 'I'm good' he grinned, 'so, ermm, you go get that ring, and I'm going to call my mum and dad' John smiled, 'awesome' 'good' she grinned.

John held her hand, ‘you good?’ ‘I’ve even flown and I’m fine’ ‘awesome’ John smiled after exchanging vows, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing once again, ‘I knew the moment I met you’ she giggled, ‘me too, well as soon as you said Tom Petty’ laughing.

-x-

3 years later:-

Lucy smiled, John grinned, ‘our twins’ he grinned, ‘indeed they are’ giggling, ‘John and Hayley’ he grinned, ‘and she’s ginger’ ‘I know, thank god he’s not’ laughing, ‘but I am so glad about that, girls can do ginger but boys’ giggling, ‘so, these two are going to be dropped off at my parents everyday during the school day’ ‘indeed they are’ John nodded, ‘unless I’m home obviously’ ‘then elementary, then I’ll be teaching them so’ John laughed, ‘good point’ laughing a little, ‘well, I’m glad, I think it’s to make up for the one we lost’ John murmured, Lucy smiled, ‘I think that’s beautiful’ he grinned.

John carried Hayley, ‘you know, I just get the feeling little one, you’ll be the musical one’ ‘John, don’t pick favourites’ he grinned, ‘I’m not just get a feeling’ she smiled, ‘good’ ‘wonder the quiet one will be?’ John smiled, ‘it’s going to be him’ ‘I don’t know, if she’s so musical, she’ll have lungs’ he grinned, ‘we’ll see’ laughing and getting home, they got them in bed, and headed their themselves, ‘oh my god, I feel light’ John laughed, ‘I bet you just lost a stone, and you thought you were dieting back then?’ laughing, Lucy smirked, as John woke, ‘dammit’ John smiled, ‘I’ll go, you shoved people out of you’ ‘thanks’.