Making Up.

Miss Independent.

We're just support and independent and we're good' 'but this is a big deal, it's six weeks, and no one knows us on this coast' 'Anna we'll be fine, seduce Pat or something' giggling, Liam and Jimmy joining them on the drive to their bus on the other side of the country with a flight in between, 'so, we're Wildflowers and we've never ever played these venues before' 'everyone has to start somewhere, supporting The Maine is quite good' 'agreed, awesome band' 'and we get to watch them and see how they work for free for six weeks' 'alright, you have a point' laughing a little, 'we're older than most bands, too we can handle ourselves' 'we're 22, agreed' 'we can do so much in little time' 'definitely' laughing and heading to Arizona for the first date.

'You're Wildflowers?' 'we are indeed' seeing her tattoo, wrapping her arm, 'Petty fan?' 'my dad used to sing me to sleep to it, so it's been a favourite' he smiled seeing the boat float on an ocean flowers the vines wrapping her wrist, 'nice work' 'thank you' 'so, your EP is awesome, I really enjoyed the whole thing, Easy Living is such a sweet tune' 'thank you' Lucy smiled, 'it took us a while to get to grips like iTunes and stuff' 'of course, how long have you been together, I know on the other coast my friends have heard of you but not much here' 'no, we've been together about two years, we got bored on our music degrees, I really hated theory, it's like Dolores Umbridge teaching DADA' John smiled, 'I get that' 'I'm so glad' laughing a little, 'anyway, we've recorded a new EP dropping on this tour, be a good set'.

'Stranger, stranger things have happened I know' getting into an amazing almost acoustic set, John watching, 'they are so good' 'they have degrees in music' 'yeah, but they hated not making it' Lucy knocking, 'I was wondering' 'ok' 'there's a song on our EP, a new one called But Honestly, I just wondered, c-cos you'd sound great on it' 'you have a stammer?' 'when I'm v-very nervous' Pat smiled, 'm-me too' 'he does' Gare added, Lucy nodded with a smile, 'thanks Music helps the speech you see' 'I get that' John smiled, 'the song' 'I-I thought you'd sound great on it?' 'well, I'll listen to it' 'awesome, thanks Pat' 'no problem, know the feeling' 'good'.

-x-

John smiled, ‘you know this guy, he’s going to be singing a song on our new EP for us, Patience’ John smiled singing the song with her, ‘thank you for letting me join you’ ‘privilege is all mine’ he grinned as she got people to cheer and got back to the set, she finished up with a smile and got packing up quickly and then headed back to the bus getting a bottle of water to calm herself, ‘that is a brilliant song’ ‘thank you, I wish you’d been there at recording, cos you owned it’ he laughed, ‘you have a really lovely voice, I think we work’ ‘thank you’ John smiled, ‘you’re fans?’ ‘indeed, for us this is tour school learning from some of the best’ he grinned, ‘maybe I can return the favour?’ ‘hmm, I love Color but I know a lot of people love that song, white walls maybe?’ he grinned, ‘ok, we’ll work on it’ he grinned.

'Maybe we could split an EP' Pat asked, Lucy looked up, 'I like it, you work well on this coast, we work on the other coast' 'your tattoo would be great artwork' 'it's pretty' 'it's wildflowers and we got a name from Coasts of Maine, it's on a sea' she looked at her arm, 'I don't mind, I have sketches of it at home because I did all the drawings for it' John smiled nodding, 'looking good' 'are you Foo Fighters fan?' 'I am indeed' 'it's kinda Foo your work' she reflected, 'it is a bit, especially Cheer Up Boys' Gare smiled, 'but on that coast we have Ryan Adams' 'haha' 'it reminded me cos he kinda looks like him' 'thank you' laughing and talking in the bar after the show.

John smiled, ‘banana and peanut butter?’ ‘it’s my favourite meal on tour’ he laughed, ‘fine, if that’s how you cure the hangover’ she smiled, ‘my 21st is something I wish I could remember’ he laughed, ‘anyway, like your family?’ ‘I’m an only child, they’re like my siblings’ John smiled, ‘I had brothers, I wish I’d had a sister, I probably wouldn’t be such a dick’ ‘you choose your actions, if you wouldn’t do it to your mother, don’t do it to a woman’ John smiled, ‘sounds legit’ Lucy smiled, ‘anyway, I think you did the right thing based on FH, so don’t think about it, you gotta let it wash away like a sandy beach or you’ll be trapped on the dunes, and it’s where the snakes hide’ he smiled, ‘indeed’.
-x-

Lucy kneeled on the stage leading the crowd into the chorus of Love Your Friends, Die Laughing, ‘you don’t try to run before you learn to walk’ letting the crowd sing a little, ‘that’s amazing, I didn’t think they’d know it, it’s just amazing thank you’ Lucy grinned getting back to the set and finishing up, ‘we’ll see you at the merch stand and if you don’t wanna give up barrier and wanna meet us, come see us after, you ok?’ ‘she’s going to faint’ ‘Liam pass me a bottle’ getting down and helping her, ‘you ok?’ helping her drink, Lucy got back up, ‘thank you’ taking a curtsey.

'I'm the girl who you helped?' 'are you ok?' 'I'm good thank you' 'no problem, I'm glad you made it' 'thanks, is Night Feelings and Love Your Friends about the same person' 'personal, but yes they are, being an only child never teaches you compromise, well not in my house, it's my fault, really I'm far from Easy Living now, but that's my bad' Lucy sighed signing a ticket, 'are you ok?' 'it was a long time ago' Lucy smiled, 'more mad at myself now' she nodded taking pictures, 'are you always honest?' 'lying got me nowhere?' she smiled answering questions about songs and music and everything else, 'would you do university?' 'yes, I wouldn't have met my second family on the back row' she grinned.

John smiled at her, ‘I admire you for your integrity’ ‘thanks’ he smiled, ‘you open your flaws open up’ ‘so do you’ ‘fair’ Lucy smiled, ‘I don’t know, we are human and brilliant we can’t be somebody else so we must live with the scars and remember we have to protect that fragile skin’ she took a deep breath, ‘and we must make sure we don’t leave many on others’ John smiled, ‘agreed’ sipping her drink, ‘me and you would be great’ ‘if I didn’t live on the other end of an interstate’ John smiled, ‘where are you from?’ ‘Philadelphia’ ‘why my friends know you’ ‘maybe’ John sighed, ‘well, I can come out to Philly’ ‘I can come to AZ, I guess’ he grinned, ‘good, so breakfast tomorrow?’ ‘alright, you sweet talker’ he grinned.
-x-
John sighed, ‘it’s not going to be right without you’ ‘well, this was the last tour before Christmas, I have money, I can stay with you for a bit?’ she murmured, ‘would, would you, that would be good’ kissing her deeply, ‘I think you have me convinced’ he grinned, ‘good, so what are your plans?’ ‘we have Australia plans in January, we’re on soundwave and stuff like that but that’s not until later on and stuff, so we’ll have time to practice’ ‘good’ John smiled, ‘I wanna practice loving someone’ she blushed, he grinned, ‘me too’ kissing her.

Lucy put her bag down in his apartment, ‘this is Ruby my dog, and my mum Jenny’ ‘hello, you must be Lucy’ ‘I am, it’s a pleasure Mrs O’Callaghan’ ‘thanks, see polite, learn something’ ‘my dad is English, he’d be offended if I didn’t, can I make you a coffee?’ John smiled, ‘please, milk two sugars’ ‘you drink coffee right?’ ‘yes’ ‘good’ making cups, ‘so, what’s it like bringing Johnoh up?’ ‘well, he gets the girls’ ‘I’ve seen them’ John rolling his eyes, ‘she’s my girlfriend’ ‘oh, sorry’ ‘it’s ok, he admires integrity’ ‘he admires redheads too’ ‘I am in then’ laughing and talking over coffee, ‘I like her, you did good’ ‘thanks, Ma’ ‘no problem, I’ll leave you be’.

John held her in bed, ‘so, Australia, who with?’ ‘oh, we’re going with a collective of bands who we found had demand there but not enough to get there to do a headliner, so Sparks The Rescue, Jimmy Deeghan and Echosmith, we’re all going together’ ‘awesome, so you put in a bunch of money together, to get everyone on tour and back’ ‘we call the Opal Collective, cos Australia is famous for them’ John grinned, ‘I think that’s cool’ ‘thank you, the tour is called that’ ‘sweet, I really admire that’ ‘it’s a good way to learn from others too, we met Echosmith when we won the local spot on Warped and discussed it’ he smiled, ‘genius’ talking all night.
-x-
6 months later:-

'You are now kinda famous for touring and making music differently' 'well, we do it because we want to make music and help the promotion of it, we all have music degrees and working with bands who want to make it and make good music surely should be our aim, we don't care about the price tag, you don't become a band for the money or the fame, you do cos you think you can add something to it' Lucy smiled as the others high fived her in agreement, 'so, you're about to record an album, do you feel under pressure after two amazing EP' 'this album will be code named Silence' laughing, 'it's going to be interesting and fun and we'll come out swinging, we've got some done already cos we've collaborated with John O'Callaghan and Echosmith, so yeah, it's going to be good'.

John grinned, ‘recording in the same place’ kissing her, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘I’m not going to distract you’ ‘no, darling, we’ll be ok, and you’re recording with us on something, so all good’ holding her tight, ‘I really hope one day we can live together properly’ she smiled, ‘me too, I’m in Arizona whenever I can be’ ‘I know’ kissing her, John hugged her in their room in California, the two bands sharing a house to stay in while they recorded, ‘I’m so glad you’re here’ ‘me too, we’ll make an album and we’ll be fine, I mean Brian in the Summer Set lives in LA, and the rest don’t so’ ‘exactly, so move’ ‘it’s just I don’t know anyone else, I have no support if things’ ‘go wrong, you think they will?’ ‘no, just scared’ ‘it’s ok’.

'This album is so much work, I love it' they laughed, 'I know me too, I can't wait to get back on the road and play the thing' 'me too, and considering we're supporting The Wonder Years and Yellowcard, it might be fun' 'seriously?' 'hmm, Hopeless wanna sigh us, so I said can we have a trial of your work to see how it feels, is that ok?' 'Hopeless and us on tour?' 'ahha' 'that's awesome!' 'we must accept, we'd be awesome on Hopeless, we could be on tour with All Time Low' 'or, Tay' Liam grinned, 'that girl, damn' they laughed, 'well, you might have to take teams cos history' Anna grinned, 'I am no Alex, who gives that up?' 'an idiot who hoes back to his ex's' 'I think Tay is waiting for me' laughing.

'Nice to meet you' 'pleasure, I hear we're both wrestling fans' 'oh, yes|!' chatting about wrestling for a while, 'coming both of us from Philadelphia, we have the ghistory really with ECW and a great territory, the ending of which I thought would be in WWE, but things have got better' 'agreed, though I'm glad Punk is back' 'agreed' 'so, are you joining hopeless?' 'it depends on this tour and how much they will allow us to do the things we do' 'I like you did in Australia and Europe, a communal pot to take bands who have demand' 'exactly, those things are really important to us and I like the collective thing we do, it allows for more professionalism, we share techs, we all have banners for example, it's just better production, and I don't wanna lose that' 'I agree'.

'What do you think?' 'I think if they still allow us to work with musicians collectively to do tours overseas, then I don't mind' 'but we had plans to bring great British bands over here as well, and we can't do that either if we're signed' 'god, that's true' 'also I worry people will think we sold out, look what happened with Attack Attack' 'that's a good point' Lucy sighed, 'but it will give us more' 'we don't do this for the money' 'definitely, alright, we're declining aren't we?' 'we are' doing a team thing, 'decline with conditions'.

'@LucyCaswell You rejected me!' '@AlexAllTimeLow we had conditions and they didn't like them, we don't do this for the money and we're not joining a company that does, and it felt like that we were given that impression, great record though.' Lucy smiled as she begun arranging an European tour, 'who are we going in a collective with?' 'the next Jubilee Collective' they grinned, 'it's Opal to Australia, Kimono to Asia and Jubilee to Britain' 'that's right' Lucy smiled, 'so?' Liam asked, 'we are journeying with two other bands, they are Northlane and Seahaven' 'that's awesome' 'I know, but we're putting it all together and heading out on the road, we will also have another band in Europe joining us called Only Rivals' 'awesome, should be good' 'it should'.

John grinned holding her close in bed, ‘I’m proud of you’ she smiled, ‘proud of you too’ ‘the whole Hopeless thing was amazing you know, not many would say no’ ‘it was the right thing to do’ John smiled, ‘and we’re going with some amazing support’ ‘good, I love you darling’ ‘I love you too, can’t believe it’s ten months tomorrow’ he grinned, ‘me neither’ kissing deeply, making love, ‘I’m glad you can now live here, granted you have an office of your own now, but if it means you’re here’ ‘I need to or we have nothing to do’ John smiled, ‘I know’ kissing her softly, falling asleep.
-x-
2 years later:-
'I think you're a bit bitter we didn't join you so now refuse to let your musicians, well I say your, to join us on tour, and that's pathetic particularly as the band have said they would like to tour with us, it's good for you too, you know, they get to play Camden Yards, which I think it's probably' 'is' 'prestigious for them' Alex smiled leaning on the wall in the Hopeless offices, 'fine' 'good, cos I have better things to do than argue in offices, I'd rather be in mine planning' standing up, 'I'm really glad we can tour together' 'me too' he grinned, 'awesome, see you on the road'.

John looked at her, ‘all good?’ ‘excellent’ ‘oh, darling’ kissing her, ‘you did it?’ ‘me and Alex did’ ‘I know you’ve been talking about it for ages’ ‘he was the one who told hopeless about us and made them want to sign us, so when we refused he was a bit annoyed’ John smiled, ‘I heard’ laughing a little, ‘but baseball arenas’ ‘well, you’re coming too’ ‘are we?’ ‘yeah, I talked to Tim’ ‘I didn’t know’ ‘we’re all going, I swear’ calling Tim, ‘oh, he was going to surprise us’ ‘oh, sorry, but yeah, you’re going with us’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘don’t, there’s no need’ John smiled, ‘I know, but it’s huge’ ‘and you deserve it too’.

'So is your first tour of America with your some really good friends and a band with Hopeless since you didn't join them, you changed your mind?' 'no, we believe in cooperatives and putting in and getting out, that's never going to change, we just made an effort to make it happen, Alex is why I got in a band, well one of them and it had to happen' Alex smiled, 'and I asked Hopeless to get them to join so I've been a fan for a bit' 'and I'm with her, I live with her' she laughed, 'that is true, however you're actually pretty, good, y'know?' laughing and doing interviews with her band the lead singers.

John came on stage, ‘can I just do something, quickly audience?’ a cheer going up, ‘whatcha up to Johnoh?’ he grinned, ‘well, I really love you, and I was wondering if you would marry me?’ Lucy’s jaw dropped, Anna grinned, ‘oh my god, yes’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing her deeply, he slid the ring on her finger, ‘that is most un-johnoh thing you’ve ever done?’ ‘thanks’ laughing, ‘right, wow, I have to finish this set you know?’ he shrugged with a grin, she chuckled, ‘alright, wow’ he laughed getting back into the set.
'You are mad, just when I think I've figured you out' kissing him deeply, he grinned, 'man full of surprises' laughing.
they lived happily.