Making Up.

For The Record.

''John' 'you must be Lucy' 'that's me' she smiled, 'and, you're from the Arizona gazette, culture editor' 'indeed, I am, follow me' he smiled, 'OK' wandering out they ended up in an record store, 'right' 'here's a 100, what are you gonna buy?' he smiled, 'serious?' 'yes' he grinned, 'OK, do I get to keep them?' 'well, yeah' he smiled, 'good' 'but you have to tell me why that record, and the Transatlanticism, 10th anniversary edition is that way' he grinned, 'how do you know?' 'I own one' John laughed, heading over,. 'how do you know like them?' 'I saw you play and you told a kid outside it's your favourite record' he nodded, 'we've met before' 'nope, the kid's my sister' he grinned, 'cool' she smiled, 'good' 'your sister's a fan?' 'hmm' 'and, so-' 'you were my first choice, come on' writing down stuff he said about Transatlanticism, she smiled as he moved on, 'are you sure?' 'yes!' John grinned. 

'So, yeah, full moon fever' 'awesome, thank you' he grinned, 'are you sure' 'it's my team's money, absolutely' he smiled, 'so, hen’s this printed?' 'should be in the Culture review on Saturday' he smiled, 'and you're the music reviewer' 'yes been in post since June' 'so you did our FH review' 'I did indeed' he grinned, 'you gave it 5 out of 5, my mum was so proud' she laughed, 'I think her favourite line was the last, Forever Halloween has a skull crashing finale which will stir you, and make you wanna put it back to the beginning to go through it again' she laughed, 'it was a good record' John laughed, 'I know you can be critical, I saw your Summer Set review, 4 out of 5, relentless energy, but in too many directions, you don't know how to feel' 'I think a good album should flow, it felt like it was clicking, like the pieces didn't click, with yours, it flows like the Nile' John smiled, 'how do you know?' 'I was in a band'.

'What was your band like?' 'it was rock, punk style, we did warped when I was quite young, I graduated early' he smiled, 'what year?' '09' he nodded, 'what were you?' 'I was the drummer' he smiled, 'so, you were in Another Night On The Metro' 'wow, you did good' 'I was on that year' she laughed, 'what a name' she laughed, 'indeed, I was a New Yorker' 'Best Of You kicked ass, I remember' he smiled, 'it was a good few years' he smiled, 'when did you break up?' 'about 4 years ago, I'm 25 now' 'where did you study?' 'I did journalism in England, I liked the country, people didn't know me really and it takes 3 years to graduate' John smiled, 'I had all your records, man' she laughed, 'I'm glad' 'how old's your little sister?' '15' 'cool' he smiled, 'you were really good' 'I wrote and produced, so I'm alright' 'got a house' 'yeah, to grow old in, hopefully' he laughed, 'I'm glad you settled' 'I did far from settle, it's impossible' 'what do you do?' 'I do tours for AP sometimes' 'cool'. 

John shook her hand, ‘it was good to meet you’ ‘I’ll post you a copy’ he smiled, ‘do you have a number?’ ‘sure’ passing her card, ‘you gave TC a good review’ ‘I did’ ‘and, Lydia’ ‘you go on the assumption a reviewer is supposed to be evil, my job is to give constructive criticism, it’s shit you’re producer was supposed to do’ John smiled, ‘I like that’ ‘it’s what my review page is called’ ‘I just remembered’ laughing a little, they parted. 
-x-
John smiled ,’I saw your interview, I brought you coffee and cookies’ she smiled, ‘well, that’s nice of you’ he smiled sitting down, resting his feet on the desk, ‘isn’t this what journalists do?’ she laughed, ‘I wish’ he laughed as she sipped her coffee, ‘oddly, you got it how I like it’ he smiled, ‘I asked’ he grinned, ‘nice work Sherlock’ ‘it was elementary my dear Watson’ she smiled as her boss came in, ‘is the final edit done for reviews’ ‘yes, everything is compiled, except the film review as the screening preview is Wednesday and I have to finish up my interview with Vic Fuentes’ ‘excellent’ as the woman went out, ‘Vic Fuentes?’ ‘lead singer of Pierce The Veil, I did one with Alex Gaskarth, but why put two weeks work in the same paper?’ John laughed, ‘well, I met all the bands, but that’s 4 weeks!’ John laughed, ‘amazing’ ‘your flying blanket growing up is good’ ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘so you know the records?’ ‘yes, I had to live with my parents for a few weeks as the sale went through’ ‘course’.

John walked home with her, ‘you OK with food?’ ‘I’m down’ ‘I’m making stir fry and noodles I think’ ‘sounds good’ he smiled sitting down as she put a wok on, and threw in vegetables, ‘so, did you stop making music?’ ‘not out of want, I’ve worked with loads of people now, I’ve written for people, I’m good’ he smiled, ‘so, you have a music room?’ ‘the loft, go take a look, you’ll have to pull the ladder down’ he grinned running up the stars, pulling the chord down, he peaked over the top, ‘wow’ seeing her discs on the walls photos, instruments were around, a violin laying on the sofa and the most bad ass drum set he had seen in a corner, he instragrammed the view, and looked at her music collection, Lucy smiled coming up with food, ‘this is the music I was given or I’ve helped make’ he smiled, ‘really?’ ‘hmm’ she nodded, ‘the records I like are in the lounge’ he laughed, ‘I’m glad we’re not up here’ ‘no my sister bought them all for me as a house-warming gift’ John laughed, ‘they’re downstairs’. 

'You're a good cook' 'I try' he smiled, looking at her, 'you should drop by church and see what you can do' 'church?' 'oh, it's our name for the studio' 'oh, cool' she smiled, 'sure I'd like to' he grinned, 'good, I'll arrange it with you' she nodded, 'so what have you got?' 'come see' 'fine' he grinned. 
-x-

'Lucy' 'hmm?' waking up a little, 'you were nearly asleep' John smiled, 'a little, I think you're different, but you're being the same different, and you're different is good, but it's the same' they laughed, 'may I try something?' 'course' John pulling the chair out for her, she looked at the equipment getting accustomed, 'right, I think hmm' they chuckled, 'let's see what I can do with this song, Pat if you can-' she got up and changed things around, John smiled, 'and you can take the last part to a lower pitch just a little?' 'course' 'right, ermm let's hear that, you've done live, haven't you?' 'yes' she nodded, 'right, just come in one by one, I wanna hear it by ear, Pat, from you, then Jared, Gare, and then Kenny, etc' she watched them bring them at different points, she nodded, 'oh, glory' they laughed, 'it did sound good' 'it's how my band used to record stuff' John smiled, 'really?' 'John said you were in Another Night..' 'I was indeed, we did all the normal rockstar things, including breaking up for musical differences when it was because the singer needed rehab' John laughed, 'sorry'.

Lucy walked with him, ‘I did something stupid with you’ ‘oh?’ she looked at him, ‘I don’t know’ he rubbed his neck, feeling the blood run cold, she smiled looking at him, ‘what’s up?’ getting closer, ‘is it cos we’ve spent so much time together I accidentally stole your heart, cos you did that to me too’ he took a deep breath, ‘sorry I forgot to breath’ she giggled, ‘I’ve been fearless all my life John, trust me you don’t know scared’ he grinned cupping her chin, she rested a hand on his chest, ‘I know you so well over the last couple of months’ she kissed him softly, ‘me too’ ‘I love you Lucy’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing passionately, the guys walked past, ‘who knew that was gonna happen’ she blushed, he grinned ‘well done Johnny’ Jared called, ‘he’s my best friend’ ‘you coming home?’ he grinned, ‘I am’ ‘cheeseball’ he chuckled, ‘but you love me’ she laughed, ‘I do’ taking her hand. 

John smiled playing with her hair in bed, ‘your hips’ he grinned, ‘thanks baby’ he smiled kissing her head, ‘think we can work an us out?’ ‘I think so’ kissing his chest, he smiled, ‘you’re really sexy when you bite the tip of your pen when you’re thinking’ she giggled, ‘you’re really sexy when you run your fingers through your hair when you’re nervous’ he grinned, ‘you made me nervous, amazed I’m not bald’ she giggled, ‘sorry sweetheart’ he grinned.
-x-
a year later:-

'We finally got together a year ago today' sitting in her office, she smiled, 'yeah we did' looking at the calendar, 'it was the 10th January, 2 days before you went to Manila' he grinned, 'I know' 'you shit, wait until days before you leave me' John laughed, 'sorry baby' kissing her deeply, 'you make me feel gooey when you call me that' he smirked, 'I know' 'I love you' 'I love you too' sitting her on his lap as she typed, 'so, Miss Caswell' she smiled, 'do you like your surname?' 'no actually, I changed it to Caswell as a kid' 'so, it's not your real name?' 'nope' 'what was it?' 'Sadd' 'no, you were Miss Sadd' 'I know, I sound like a really bad Mr Men book' John laughed, 'so, you won't mind being O'Callaghan then?' she smiled, 'subtlety done, but nope' 'good' 'finally, I get a cool surname' he laughed, 'I should have asked before' giggling' kissing deeply, 'hit the blinds' 'lock the door'

Lucy smiled as Rachel came in, John saluted her, ‘I just heard on twitter, you’re engaged’ Lucy nodded, ‘indeed’ ‘awesome, awesome’ John laughed as Lucy begun to cook, ‘who’s your maid of honour’ ‘I was gonna ask you Lu’ ‘get in’ John laughed, ‘is Kennedy gonna be there’ Lucy laughed, ‘you’re so transparent’ ‘I know I have no chance, but he’s nice to look at, good people’ ‘have you been watching Straight To DVD again?’ ‘I was in hospital, it’s the only relief I had’ ‘I’ve met Alex and Jack, I didn’t like them all that much, bit too defiantly brash for me’ ‘but Alex is so beautiful strange’ John laughed, ‘really, you fancy him’ ‘he said he’d go gay for John, so I am not surprised’ ‘what when?’ ‘ahh, it was when you toured in Europe, with Tay’ ‘why are you whispering Tay?’ ‘cos they were boning’ Lucy replied, ‘not when we toured’ ‘this is news’ John tutted, Lucy chuckled, ‘really gossip lucy?’ ‘but I shipped them so hard!’ John laughed, ‘also think John will sing Everything I Ask For on my seventeenth if I’m get him drunk enough’ ‘oh, trust he’ll do anything drunk enough’ ‘and you love it’ he winked. 

John smiled resting on her chest, legs tangled as she caught her breath, ‘shit’ John chuckled, ‘didn’t need to get me drunk’ she laughed, ‘I know’ getting on top, he rested his hands on her butt, ‘such a butt guy’ ‘hmm’ as she went down on him, John sighed in ecstacy, ‘I love you so much’ she giggled, ‘love you too’. 
they lived happily.