Making Up.

Blind Date.

'Lissa, why?' 'I just think you've been in here too long' she smiled, 'now borrow one of my dresses'shoving a dark red Lace dress in her hands, 'that's indecent-' 'that's the point, and knowing him, he'll appreciate it' 'who?' 'doesn't matter' she smiled, 'I wonder about you?' 'you should' Tess grinned, she slipped the dress on, 'fuck, this thing gives me boobs, he's going to be let down-' 'let's hope your wonderful personality shines through too?'she tied her red up in a messy bun, and put on some black heels, 'you look amazing-' taking a picture, 'I feel like a hooker' putting on her coat, 'well, embrace the hooker-ness' 'how about, ermm, no?' Lissa looked at her, 'Lucy, hurry up'.

She sat at the bar, waiting for this stupid blind date, putting her coat on the back of the chair, she ordered a bourbon, ‘hey-’ ‘hi-’ she smiled, ‘you look very pretty tonight-’ she blushed, ‘thank you, I feel different-’ he laughed, ‘are you Lucy?’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘I’m John, Lissa told me about you-’ Lissa did good was all that she thought, ‘haha, I hope not in any depth’ she grinned, ‘no, but that’s what a date is for?’ ‘why the hell would you need someone to do this for you?’ he laughed, ‘a question I was going to ask you!’ they laughed, ‘I’m kinda rubbish with people, it’s taken me a while to convince myself they’re a good thing’ he laughed, ‘me and you, are going to get on so well’.

'What do you do?' 'I'm in a band?' 'sorry, but how are you single?' 'because people wanna sleep with me, not date me' she nodded, 'oh, to have such troubles' he laughed, 'why are you single?' 'I just get squished, people like me, but they don't date me, I'm sure you're just another one' she shrugged, 'I don't think so' he grinned, she grinned back, 'I'd like to do this again' she was just thinking, I wanna do you however, her dress was turning into a whore, ‘sure, that would be good’ she smiled, writing her number down, and passing it to him.

'how do you know Lissa?' 'a good question, I met her in university, I think we get on, as we're so unalike-' he laughed, 'I totally can tell' she laughed, 'she's not too bad' they laughed, 'made any new year's resolutions?' 'to get a girlfriend, looks like I made a good start, you?' 'I'll tell you later' she grinned, 'oh?' 'it doesn't matter until I've completed it, call soon' 'I will, I am now curious' they laughed.


'Well, all good?' 'yeah, I gave him my number-' Lissa grinned, 'nice one, girl!' she laughed, hr phone rang, 'hello?' she asked, 'hey, It's John-' she smiled, 'Lissa, out!' 'it's not-' she pushed her out, and took the call, 'sorry, hey!' he laughed, 'was jut wondering if you wanted to hang out?' 'sure, when?' 'maybe tonight?' 'I'm at New Found Glory tonight-' Lissa came in, 'oh, I'm going too-' 'oh, awesome, do you wanna go together?' 'I'd like that, I'll meet you at the Marquee?' 'I like the support-' 'that's cool, me you at six, Marquee-' 'see you then!' she punched the air, 'you're meeting tonight?' 'apparently so' 'must be keen-' 'unusual?' 'very, must have been right about you too' 'I am un-friending you if you become unbearable' they laughed.

You couldn’t miss John, his height was incredible, ‘Hey darling’ wrapping an arm round her shoulders, ‘hey’ she smiled, ‘good?’ ‘yeah, I’m fine, I guess Lissa, just said I was very keen’ ‘you know her so well, but hey, good friends, bad habits-’ he laughed, ‘I know exactly what you mean, wrote a song with those words-’ ‘I know, I checked-’ ‘impressed?’ ‘you’re pretty good, you sound pretty darn sexy recorded’ ‘oh, really-’ she nodded with a smile, he laughed, ‘I like you’ ‘I know’ he took her hand, leading her in to the venue, ‘are you going to be here?’ ‘at the bar, yeah?’ she took her jacket off, ‘then you can look after this?’ he grinned, as she joined the pit.

'Fuck, I think I have some bruises now, pretty freakin' worth it though' 'hey, you need to me to find anyone?' she laughed, 'not at all' putting on her jacket, 'come on-' 'what?' 'picture?' she grinned, 'sure, why not?' heading round the venue, and meeting the guys, getting Jared to take pictures, and taking turns, 'you good, Lucy?' 'I think I fucked up my ribs in the pit-' they laughed, 'you'll be alright-' 'yeah!' they laughed harder, 'I can't believe you didn't, oh well-' 'I normally would, but I don't wanna draw attention' 'so hanging out here, doesn't?' looking at the girls who were just looking at him, 'fair point-' he grinned, 'drinks?' 'sure-' taking her hand, 'is that a good idea?' 'when's it a bad one?' she shook her head with a smile.

'Hey' 'Hey Jared?' 'that's me, you?' 'I'm Lucy-' she smiled, 'you know John-' 'through Lissa-' she smiled, 'but-' 'we're dating, she's pretty awesome' 'ahh, nice!' she grinned, 'yeah, I'm more than surprised' taking a seat and a sip of her beer, 'John gets around a bit' 'I got that impression, however, that's the reverse of my problems' 'serious' 'yes' she shrugged, John sat next to her, wrapping an arm round her waist, she liked it, so she didn't stop him, pulling her close, 'just making sure you're not in pain' 'not possible right now' he kissed her head, he didn't know why he was acting like this, just to prove to her, he really liked her, 'what do you do, Lucy?' 'I'm a saxophonist-' she smiled, 'I'm in a jazz quartet' she shrugged, 'I know I'm so cool' they laughed, 'when do you play?' 'Tuesday-' she smiled, 'I'll come see you' John smiled, 'that would be nice-' Lucy smiled back, glad he was really clear that he liked her.

'I really need to get home, thanks-' 'no problem-' she smiled, 'can I walk you home?' she nodded, as he took her hand, 'Lucy, I really like you, and I want you to know, I'm kinda serious, about there being an us-' she looked up at him with a grin, 'that's quite something-' 'you don't look like you believe me' 'well, I've heard it before-' she smiled, 'I'm sure you think you mean it' 'I know I mean it' walking to her step, 'I've been there, please believe me' she smiled, 'of course, I best go in' 'you like me, don't cha?' 'a stupid amount, but being left high and dry, tends to be my thing, good night' she kissed him on the cheek, 'night darling' letting go of her hand, but not letting her go.


'Lucy, you're going have to sing, Delilah hasn't got a voice, and we can have a spare saxophonist-' 'really?' 'yeah, we need you to sing!' 'alright, I'll do it, what are we singing' 'you choose, you wrote them?' 'right, Stuck, Dr Wannado, Riviera Life, and, You Don't Love Me?' 'I like that' 'let's do it' she smiled, getting into Delilah's vintage dress, 'you good?' she looked out, and noticed John was there, 'yeah, I'm ready' she grinned, heading on stage, 'unfortunately our singer is kinda ill, so I'm just standing in, this is Dr Wannado' she smiled.

'You were amazing' 'well, I know the songs well, I wrote them-' she smiled quickly heading for the bar, getting a couple of whiskies, which were on the house, apparently, passing one to John, 'you wrote them?' she nodded, 'I think they're ok, I mean it's not your style' 'you are awesome, I loved the last one-' she blushed, 'thank you' 'can I sweep you off your feet and show you something different?' he smirked, 'feel free?' he laughed, 'you're damn precious' holding her cheek with his hand, pressing his lips to hers, 'and, I do love you, so there' she looked at him with a grin, 'I love you too' kissing again, 'I don't think anyone quite like you' 'I think with this kind of thing, it's meant to be like that, because that's mutual' he pulled her round, resting her legs on his lap, kissing her neck, 'I think I know what your resolution is?' 'I'm not telling' he grinned.

'I hate it when Lissa is right, she-' 'likes to gloat forever, I know' they laughed, walking her home, fingers tangled with hers, where they should be, he thought, 'I better go in-' 'can I ask what your resolution is?' 'nope' she grinned, she kissed him, 'I'll tell you when it's important' 'but it is important' 'you really wanna know so bad?' sitting on the step, he sat with her, 'I'll be honest, it's to lose my virginity-' she blushed, he took her hand, 'you're 21-' 'I know, I get so close, then it all fucks up' she laughed, he laughed with her, 'well, when?' he asked, 'I don't mind, with you, obviously, but not tonight, I'm not even wearing matching underwear' he laughed, 'I love you' 'I love you too', kissing him deeply, 'come over Thursday?' she grinned, 'I'll be here' 'she stays with her boyfriend Thursday' 'see you then' one last kiss and going.

Thursday came really slowly, ‘you alright babe, you look beautiful’ she blushed, ‘come in’ ‘has she left?’ ‘yeah-’ she smiled, taking his hand, leading him to the sofa, they kissed, running his hand up her thigh, ‘it only feels right to tell you now, you’re my girlfriend? Right?’ she laughed, ‘such a turn-on’ they laughed, making out, he unzipped her dress, pulling it down to her waist, she stood up and shuffled out of it, ‘bought it especially’ she smiled, ‘I like it’ pulling her back on the sofa, removing his shirt, ‘eager’ ‘you seem to be keen’ he grinned.

'Where's your room?' picking her up, she wrapped her legs round him, 'just over there-' heading through the door, he put her on the bed, removing his jeans and socks, and joining her, working down her body, removing her bra, kissing and licking at her breasts, sucking on her nipples, 'damn-' he grinned, removing her panties, and throwing them on the floor, using his mouth and fingers, 'John, oh-' 'you good, baby?' she blushed, 'yeah, amazing-' breathless, getting her off quickly her body going crazy under him, 'you sure?' 'I am-' he began slowly, and started thrusting deeper, 'so tight-' 'no offence, but that is how virgins work-' he laughed, 'sorry-' she laughed, running her hands all over his body, kissing at his neck, 'can I finish on top?' he rolled her on top, she bounced on him, as he massaged her breasts, he held her close, squeezing, as they climaxed, breathless, falling back on the bed.

John held her, as Lucy rested her head on his chest, he kissed her head, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘I’m in love with you, so I can’t back out and leave you, because, I would be fucked over too’ she held him tight, ‘I’m in love with you too’ ‘I’ve never been in love before, Lucy, so you better be gentle with me, ‘oh, baby I will’ heading under the sheets, he had no idea how he could be this lucky.

A year later:-

'How many days in Arizona have you got?' 'we have 3 days together then I do have to go to Brazil' she smiled, 'so jealous' he grinned, 'well, come with us, they have a support saxophone-' she smiled, 'hmm, maybe, I'd need something to convince me' he grinned, 'I might have something that could convince you?' she looked at him, 'oh?' 'we're going out, it's a year since we got together-' she smiled, 'I kinda forgot, not because I-' 'I know darling, time flies, and I keep a diary' she laughed, 'fine-' taking her hand, 'girls forgetting dates, honestly-' she rolled her eyes, then stopped, 'give me a second?' he grinned, she ran upstairs, and ran through the wardrobe, she was never, ever going to let go of this dress, slipping it on, putting on some flats.

'You look beautiful in that dress' he grinned, 'I don't know, it makes me feel naughty' he laughed, 'oh really?' 'seriously, I met you in this dress, and the things I thought' she smiled, 'you learn something new everyday' he grinned, leading her to the car. 'Maybe this dress wasn't a good idea' 'it was a brilliant idea-' he grinned, kissing her, as she wrapped her coat round her, sitting in Papago Park, 'Lucy, I love you so much, and my new years resolution was to find a girlfriend, but I ended up with my soulmate, so I was hoping, will you marry me?' the tears streaked her face, 'oh, John, yes!' he grinned, kissing her, 'I love you too' kissing his neck.

'See, definitely can't leave now' 'I don't think you could' he grinned, 'pretty true' 'I couldn't either, and when it comes to you I've had my own never-ending parade of arseholes, you've never let me down' he grinned, 'never could' kissing her, 'you have the most amazing smile, John-' he laughed, 'why, thank you!' she grinned, 'cute face, slim waist, the most amazing smile, eyes like sunsets and legs that go on for days, is your perfect girl you?' he laughed, 'no, my perfect girl is sitting in front of me' she blushed, 'my perfect guy is-' he grinned, 'that dress making you dirty yet?' 'I wanna be saying yes again in 30 minutes' 'depends on traffic' they giggled, heading home.
they lived happily.