Making Up.

Coming Up Roses.

'I need some flowers, for my mum' 'of course, sir, is there a specific style, does she have any favourite colours?' John smiled, 'she likes pinks and purples, blues' 'excellent choices' he smiled as she begun to arrange a bouquet, 'do you have a budget sir-' Jenny begun to play in the store, 'this song is about her, no' Lucy looked up, 'you're John then?' as she put flowers in a bouquet and arranged them, 'that's me, how did you know?' 'my little sister is a big fan she recommended Pioneer to me, I apologise, I can skip' 'no, it's fine, I've heard it a lot' as it came to a finish, 'is this ok?' 'that looks beautiful, thank you' 'no problem, that's-' counting the flowers up, '25 dollars' passing the cash over, 'thank you' 'do you need cards or anything' 'I'm good' 'thank you for your custom' he smiled, 'no problem'. 

Lucy smiled getting in, ‘John O’Callaghan bought flowers today’ Rachel looked at her, ‘serious?’ ‘I sold them, guess what begun playing?’ ‘no, a The Maine song?’ ‘Jenny’ ‘oh, boom’ ‘for his mum too’ they laughed, ‘so, all good?’ ‘yeah, really good’ she smiled, ‘how’s college?’ ‘good, it’s really good, got this assignment to do, but Jessie has dropped out of coming to The Maine’ ‘need a second?’ ‘I do, would you?’ ‘sure’ Lucy smiled, ‘nice guy though’ ‘I’m glad’ Rachel smiled, ‘he’s so hot’ ‘you have no idea, tall men should be banned’ Rachel laughed, ‘well at least you’ll enjoy the view’ ‘yeah, definitely’ they laughed Lucy beginning tea for both of them, she smiled.

Lucy sat in the queue for hours with Rachel, ‘hey, we’ve met’ ‘oh, yes, I’m with my sister’ Lucy smiled pointing at the blond next to her, ‘nice to see you again, you own the florists, right?’ ‘I do’ she smiled at John, ‘my mum loved that bouquet’ ‘I’m glad she appreciated it’ ‘it’s freezing’ you should come in and watch sound-check’ Rachel was gob-smacked, ‘if that’s alright’ ‘sure, follow me’ John smiled at the redhead following him, ‘here, your store’s playlist is awesome, Tom Petty, Counting Crows’ Lucy smiled, ‘I went to Australia to see them play live, didn’t even play Mr Jones, which is fine, but really?’ John laughed, ‘I heard that, it’s like us not playing Into Your Arms’ ‘I wouldn’t mind, it’s really syrupy, sorry’ John grinned, ‘what do you think Rachel’ ‘the first time I went to your gig, black and white had come out, and I knew that but none of the earlier stuff, so I was in the middle confused as everyone sung around me’ John laughed, ‘awesome’. 

Rachel and Lucy watched backstage, ‘Lucy’ ‘hmm?’ she looked at him, ‘can we keep in touch?’ ‘course’ she smiled, ‘awesome, then at the end of this I’ll buy you dinner’ ‘sure’ Lucy smiled, ‘I have 2 days then Europe’ ‘I’ll cook it’s fine’ John grinned, ‘awesome, thank you’ ‘no need’ ‘Rachel lives with you?’ ‘she does indeed, she can take care of herself, don’t worry’ ‘good, good’ ‘have a good tour, keep in touch, I’ll see you in 6’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ kissing her cheek, ‘thanks’ ‘no need’ they laughed, as he headed for the bus, she waved them off, ‘I think I just scored a date Gu’ ‘how could you not, he’s totally into you’ ‘sorry’ ‘no problem, Kenny is a babe’ ‘I agree’ laughing. 
-x-

John smiled texting her, there would be a little break cos she was serving someone sometimes, ‘what’s playing?’ ‘Pixies, right now’ ‘in a flower shop?’ ‘you make a good point, but I don’t think anyone really listens’ John laughed, ‘nice one, what else?’ ‘Tom Petty, Paramore, got a little bit of Wilco on there, Stop Dead’ he smiled, ‘you like Stop Dead?’ ‘it’s a nice little side project’ he grinned, ‘it is’ talking about music for a while, ‘so, how’s the tour going, you’re now a couple of weeks in?’ ‘it’s going really good?’ talking all morning, Lucy smiled as he would stop around 1pm, she text him good luck around 6 the last thing she did in the store. 

John sighed, ‘man, how can you miss someone you’ve met twice’ Jared smiled, ‘when you care about them?’ Jared smiled, ‘it’s how I felt about Tess, still miss her, it’s quite normal’ John smiled, ‘good’ he nodded finding his hpone, John grinned at her traditional good luck message heading on stage and doing the set for the night, just counting the days until he had some time with her, talking throughout the tour, he missed her more with every word and text knowing he had left the perfect girl for 6 weeks in Arizona annoyed more and more everyday.

John knocked on Lucy’s door, ‘come in’ ‘Rachel ok?’ ‘she’s around a friend’s for the weekend’ John kissed her holding her cheek, she smiled, ‘I missed you’ ‘I missed you too’ she blushed, he smiled kissing her again, cos she looked incredible, ‘it smells amazing’ she smiled, ‘glad you think so’ heading for the kitchen, ‘I think it’s ready, excellent timing’ John grinned, ‘good’ serving up, she smiled, ‘so, how was the last show down in Orlando?’ he grinned talking about tour and what had been going on in Arizona since had been away and life talking all evening, John smiled, ‘can I stay?’ wrapping his arms round her, ‘I’d like that’ he grinned holding her in bed, falling asleep. 

Rachel looked at him, ‘ok’ ‘hey Rachel’ ‘right’ making breakfast, Lucy joining them, John grinned, ‘we didn’t fuck’ ‘really John’ Lucy smirked, ‘ok, good, cos calls and texts aside, you’ve met three times’ making pancakes, John laughed, ‘you know I’m probably gonna end up living with you two?’ ‘well, I have university in two years John, don’t panic, you’re not gonna get caught’ he grinned ‘where are you planning on going?’ ‘Chicago, or New York, I’m hoping to go to Cullinary Art School’ ‘ok’ John smiled as she passed him some pancakes and ate her own, Lucy eating otast and looking at the paper, ‘so, how come you live together?’ ‘our parents drove us mad, Lucy let me move here’ she nodded, ‘pretty much’ ‘do you want a family?’ ‘I do, I’ve got the lessons in how not to’ Rachel smiled, ‘heavy question, geez’ John laughed. 
-x-

John knocked, ‘I’ll give you a key’ heading out, she smiled, ‘glad you’re home’ she smiled, ‘me too, I love you’ ‘I love you too’ John grinned taking her waist, ‘wanna go bowling?’ ‘I’m on a team, be prepare’ John grinned, ‘how come you didn’t tell me?’ ‘I joined when you were on tour, I needed to make the team’ John smiled, ‘awesome what are they called?’ ‘the Phoenix Thunderballs’ John laughed, ‘that’s amazing’ heading for the alleys, swapping shoes, ‘I’m pretty good, you better bring it’ John grinned, ‘I will’ laughing a little, she got a strike first, John kissed her, ‘fluke’ ‘you wish’ John laughed taking his shot playing all evening.

'Are you coming back to mine?' 'Rachel?' 'I thought we'd want the place to ourselves, she's around her friends?' John grinned kissing her off, he picked her up and headed for the car and then her bedroom, removing one another's clothes and going wild for one another, her body quaking with the climax he had brought her too, 'good baby?' 'amazing' he grinned, 'first to say so' 'things not to say in bed' John laughed, 'sorry darling' kissing her neck, 'hmm' he grinned, 'I wanna make you do that for a long time' 'things to say in bed' John laughed, 'I love you' 'I love you too' John pulling her naked body close to his, she grinned 'you are beautiful Lucy' 'glad you like, you're pretty handsome too' he grinned, 'good'. 

Rachel smirked, ‘you did this time’ ‘we did, how can you tell?’ ‘your neck darling’ ‘fuck, your sister’ ‘too much’ as mixed muffin mix, ‘do you just remember that stuff?’ ‘I do, cooking is my thing’ ‘flowers and baking, how girly are you people?’ ‘my sister wanted a job that helps people but wanted to live that’s why she does what she does, and does it remarkably well, she had some some very important clients, and you thought she was good’ John smiled, ‘she’s also feminist, so don’t let her hear you say that shit’ John laughed, ‘thanks for the warning’ Lucy joining them, ‘good night’ ‘excellent’ ‘I’m off to work at the record store’ ‘if you can pick up the new Jimmy Eat World record’ ‘Damage, will do’ John smiled, ‘feminism?’ ‘haha, hmm, in a florist I know’ John grinned, ‘love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing softly, making toast, ‘bed again?’ ‘let my back recover’ he grinned. 
-x-
6 months later:-

John smiled, ‘I’m here for longer than a week’ she smiled, ‘it’s fine, you got everything?’ helping him move in, ‘yep’ putting his books on the shelves, ‘you like philosophy?’ ‘I do’ she smiled, ‘you never said’ ‘it never came up’ ‘it was my minor’ John grinned, ‘you never said’ ‘didn’t think I’d ever meet anyone where it actually mattered’ he laughed, ‘well you did’ kissing her deeply, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ she smiled, ‘I’ll do this, I clear the wardrobe for you and some drawers, you go and do that’ ‘thank you’ he grinned heading up with cases and clothing, opening the wrong drawer, he smirked finding toys with a grin, Lucy bringing him a coffee, ‘I was just making one’ but John was giggling, ‘what?’ putting the mug down, ‘nothing, just wrong drawer’ she blushed, ‘well, It’s for me when you’re away’ he grinned, ‘good’. 

'But it's a big pink' Lucy turned red, 'do you mind?' pressing her lips to his, 'well, if it makes you feel good when I'm away' 'nothing like the real thing' he grinned, 'I love you' 'I love you too' 'I just never expected you to have that' he grinned, 'well, I have a need too, and you go away for weeks' he grinned, 'alright, it's all good' holding her close, Lucy saw Rachel telling her to go away, 'while we're talking about such things' picking her up and heading for the bedroom making love passionately, John held her, 'better than that' 'always' she giggled John grinned, 'I love you' 'I love you too' kissing passionately.

'Right, that's it, I'm going on a road trip, I love you, the both of you, but you two are busy, let's say that, and I can't bring friends here much cos he's here a lot, and so, it's just awkward' 'and you fancy Kenny' John smirked, 'well, that is true, but I'm seventeen and he's 24, I'm getting my hopes up a bit' John laughed, 'where are you going?' he asked, 'where would you begin?' 'I'd go round to Calfornia, Vegas, if you have a good fake I.D' 'how do you know?' 'how else do you have a bottle in your bag' Lucy smirked, 'shush, John' 'I ain't mad' John laughed, 'I hope you are with ours' 'we did it, let's be honest' 'fair point'.

'No Rachel?' Kenny asked, 'no, she's go on a road trip' 'how old is she?' '17, Kenny' 'oh, really, man' 'why?' 'nothing' he blushed, 'you like her?' 'I do, but I didn't think she was that young' John smiled, 'tis a shame, cos she likes you right back, stupid sense' 'really?' 'hmm' John smiled, 'I think you should ask her anyway' 'you think, she's gone?' 'you have a hour?' Kenny dropping his guitar and heading for Rachel. 
-x-
2 years later:-

John laid on the bed with her, ‘I’m glad Rachel isn’t leaving Arizona’ ‘I don’t know, she’s  staying cos of a guy’ ‘so you wouldn’t stay for me?’ ‘we’re different’ ‘how?’ ‘good point’ John laughed, ‘just as long as she’s happy, I don’t mind’ John smiled, ‘good’ pulling her close, ‘we’re different’ ‘we’re all different to be honest’ he smiled, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ he grinned as she snuggled into him, ‘I’m so skinny, how can you snuggle?’ ‘don’t care, you’re nice and warm’ he grinned, ‘will you marry me?’ ‘yes’ he grinned kissing her, ‘but I need to tell you something, about our wedding night’ he grinned, ‘what?’ she whispered, ‘I have this fantasy’ John giggled as she explained it, he smirked, ‘I am gonna have a boner all day’ ‘sorry’ ‘no, don’t apologise, if it’s what you want, in your wedding dress indeed’ she giggled blushing, John smirked, ‘mine’s to be blindfolded’ ‘we’ll do that too, then’ he grinned.

John smiled a few months later, putting her on the bed and pushing up her dress, she bit her lip John diving under her dress, ‘fuck, John’ he grinned as she went wild in her dress, ‘fuck that was incredible’ ‘Mrs O’Callaghan, that was kinda amazing’ she laughed John helping remove her dress, ‘thank you’ ‘darling, if it’s for you, and involves making you make noises like that’ ‘I don’t think I have-’ John smirked, ‘I think it was heightened cos you wanted it’ ‘fair’ she blushed, ‘we’ll do yours tomorrow, I have plans’ he grinned kissing her deeply, ‘promise’ ‘I promise’ she giggled, ‘what?’ ‘nothing, just plans’ she smirked heading for bed making love again, John falling asleep with her.
Lucy smiled blindfolding him, ‘babe’ she giggled,wearing lingerie with stockings and a garter, Lucy knew he loved that look, ‘babe’ resting his hands on her waist, ‘oh my god, you’re evil’ she giggled kissing his shoulder and up his neck, nibbling his ear, resting his hands on her bra, she grinned, ‘I really wanna see this outfit’ she grinned, ‘you will’ pinning him down, doing what she wanted to him making love, he was crazy for her, removing his blindfold, ‘fuck’ she grinned biting her pointer, ‘the rest of that is now coming off’ she grinned letting him do what he wanted, ‘you sat on my face’ John blushed grinning, ‘you need to do that more’ giggling. 
they lived happily.