Making Up.

Finding Her.

'You look pretty painting?' she smiled, 'I love Pinnacle Peak, and the skies colour, I am lucky to see this sight' he smiled, 'are you an artist?' she smiled, 'no, no, I work for a senator in town, but I get a lot of free time' 'what's your name?' 'I'm Lucy' 'I'm John, you're how old?' '22' he sat next to her, 'oh' 'what?' 'I didn't know your name, but you sing in that band don't you, The Maine?' 'I do indeed' she smiled, 'good band you're leading there' he smiled, 'will it make it easier for me to get dinner' 'not really, you better talk, I'm not here to pick a wardrobe, I'm here to pick a brain' he smiled, 'I like you' 'I figured, so, what do you do other than sing write and tour?' talking all evening. 

'Would you like this?' looking at a pretty good piece she had done, 'I would' putting in the back of his car delicately, 'I'm really glad you're interesting, i'd be disappointed' 'can I buy you dinner now?' 'sure you can' he smiled, 'good' he nodded, 'I'll meet you at Pizzeria Bianco, at 6 on Wenesday, don't wanna ruin your weekend if we suck' he laughed, 'mutual' they laughed, 'but I don't think we will' 'we have talked a lot, I hope we haven't run out of things to say' she smiled, 'I don't think so' he grinned, 'I really hope not, I once dated a dentist' he laughed, 'and, a physicist' he laughed, 'I do now have a star named after me' 'what killed that?' 'he slept with his male secretary' John chuckled, amazing.
-x-

'Hello!' she smiled, 'hello, Mr O'Callaghan' he smiled, 'Miss Caswell' he took her arm going inside,locking arms, he pulled a chair out, she smiled, 'good week?' 'very good week' she smiled, 'you work for a republican?' 'I don't, I work for Kyrsten in Phoenix' she smiled, 'she's really good' 'I know, she's an amazing boss' he smiled too, 'you are a democrat, right?' he laughed, 'yes, Lucy, I am, it's ok' 'good, I don't think I could date a republican, it goes against everything' he smiled, 'that's fine, I assure you, I like people being treated well, I may in my ignorance as a younger man-' 'that's ok' they laughed. 

Lucy smiled, ‘yeah, Rousseau is interesting, I’m glad you like philosophy’ he smiled, ‘I do, I started a degree once’ she laughed, ‘I hope you never make it back’ he smiled, ‘me too’ talking all evening, ‘what do you look for a guy?’ ‘I don’t have a type, to be honest, I just want someone who I can talk to, I’m quite busy and sometimes I can busier at certain times of the year than others’ ‘I know the feeling’ she smiled, ‘and, I guess someone who sees a long term thing, and good in bed helps’ he laughed, ‘also, do you surf? I have a little place near the Wedge, I go to in the summer’ ‘how can you afford that?’ ‘I inherited it, my grandmother was a novelist, bought it, and as I visited most, she gave it to me’ ‘I do like to surf’ ‘I know you don’t like LA much’ he laughed, ‘California though’ talking about travelling and other things. 

John walked with her as she carried files, ‘I apologise work is huge, I have a tonne of emails’ he smiled, ‘it’s ok’ he smiled, ‘are you up for a second?’ ‘sure, if you are’ ‘I am’ ‘good’ putting her files in her boot, ‘Lucy?’ ‘yeah-’ ‘the day I met you, would you have said no?’ ‘hell yes, if you were boring, if you think I’m dating someone just cos of what they do, I wouldn’t pick you, I’d pick a senator, at least I’d get a rise, of more than one kind’ he laughed, ‘sorry, I just-’ ‘it’s fine, but some girls do know the value of things and not the cost of everything’ he smiled, ‘Oscar Wilde before you ask’ he laughed, ‘I’ll be in touch darling’ ‘ok, I’m not waiting for your call’. 
-x-

John called, ‘Lucy Caswell, Political Assistant’ ‘it’s John’ ‘oh, hello, I didn’t think you’d call to be honest’ ‘well, I have are you free, I thought we could go for a drive, listen to some stuff?’ ‘sure’ she smiled, ‘that sounds good, I’ll see you around 7 maybe?’ ‘sounds good, do you need to be around?’ ‘no Friday’s are my day off it’s fine’ ‘good’ he grinned, ‘text me your address, I’ll pick you up’ ‘ok’ getting her text, he arrived a little early, ‘sorry for the long wait’ ‘I’m sure you’re busy, and this week has been crazy’ he smiled, ‘good, I don’t wanna be inconvenient’ ‘oh, no I want you to be’ he smiled, ‘I like the idea of someone needing me, which isn’t to do with garden fences’ he laughed, ‘good’. 

Lucy, ‘oh, you like Tom Petty, can we have Wildflowers in?’ he smiled, ‘sure, favourite?’ ‘one of them, I listened to him growing up’ ‘me too’ she nodded, closing her eyes resting her head, she hummed along to the song, he smiled, she was doing one of those little things you fall for people over, and he was a sucker for it, ‘do you like Prince?’ John laughed, ‘sorry, I was thinking of Purple Rain’ ‘give me a minute’ downloading it from Itunes, pressing play, ‘it’s perfect now, it’s all good’ he laughed, ‘you think music makes moments?’ ‘abso-fucking-lutely’ ‘I agree, I think this will now always remind me of you’ ‘mutual, it doesn’t seem to bad, right now’ he grinned. 

'John, come dance with me' she smiled, 'fine' turning up the music, he jumped out, taking her hand, Lucy rested on his chest, resting his on hers she smiled, 'I like being with you' 'mutual darling' holding her close, 'but I go to Australia?' 'oh, right course, you tour!' he laughed, 'I forgot' he smiled, 'how long?' 'about 2 weeks?' she nodded, 'then I shall savour this, if that's alright?' 'I'll keep in touch, that's fine, cos I am too' he grinned, 'good' dancing with him, 'the world doesn't stop if you dance right now though' he grinned, 'it certainly doesn't' he smiled, taking her waist.

John dropped her off early in the morning, ‘thank you’ standing on her doorstep, he smiled, ‘no problem, I wish I hadn’t waited so long’ she smiled, ‘me too, but if it means you trust me, that’s ok too’ she kissed him softly, he grinned against her lips, kissing passionately he pulled her close, ‘when do you go?’ ‘couple of days’ ‘well, keep in touch, I’m sure you’ll have practice and things’ he smiled, ‘indeed, take care’ ‘you too’. 
-x-

Lucy waited in the airport with a paper and a coffee on an early Friday morning, she sipped her caramel macchiato, he smiled tapping her paper, ‘couldn’t not miss your redheadness’ ‘you have a type’ looking at Jared who was laughing next to him, ‘do you all need a ride?’ ‘I do’ Jared added, ‘I don’t mind’ walking with John, and putting her paper under her arm, ‘you must be Lucy?’ making talking hands, she chuckled, ‘that’s me’ ‘he’s mentioned you a few times’ ‘I am flattered’ she smiled unlocking her new car.

'Corvette?' 'I got paid, and I kind of crashed?' John looked at her, 'you didn't tell me!' 'I broke a toe, that's it, and I hated that car' 'what happened?' 'drunk driver?' 'Lucy tell me!' 'it happened a couple of days ago I'm fine, had a belt on' Jared smiled, 'I was coming down Monroe some dickbags from the university were drunk, I've been saving for one of these' 'cos of Prince' 'shut up' he laughed, 'and, my insurance will pay for the other half of the car, eventually' 'glad they were insured, cos I now have this precious thing' John laughed, 'good' 'this is awesome Lucy, don't let John judge you' 'I'm not'. 
John drove with her after dropping off Jared, ‘Little Red Corvette, I finally have a girl who is Prince’s biggest fan’ she laughed, ‘you didn’t?’ ‘no, I don’t know anyone like that’ she laughed, ‘that’s amazing’ he laughed as she parked up in her drive, ‘I do like your place’ ‘are you staying?’ ‘I’m tired’ ‘that’s ok, it’s just sleeping, if you want’ he smild, ‘ok’ John falling asleep as he hit her bed, she smiled, snuggling into him, holding his waist. 

John smiled waking up next to her, ‘babe?’ ‘breakfast?’ she mumbled, ‘pancakes’ ‘you stay here’ he grinned, ‘fine with me’ taking his shirt off, she brought them back, ‘here’ he smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ ‘can I have you?’ ‘I think so’ putting his plate down, ‘I’m feeling greedy, I wanna fill you up’ she giggled, ‘I hope you live to your own hype’ he laughed, ‘haven’t been failing recently’ making love. 
-x-
a year later:-

'My girlfriend is very patient with me, she has to be, I can be a little mad, and she worked in politics, and she keeps me organised, really, for example she now helps me pack cos I always forget something' Jared nodded, 'that's true' 'so yeah, she's awesome, I found her in August of last year' 'is she a fan?' 'yeah, she is, but I met her painting, there's a spot, I'm not telling you the spot, cos that's our spot' they laughed, 'but I still have the painting of the place, it's in our bedroom' Jared smiled, 'god, he's got ridiculous since he's been in love' 'fuck you' they laughed, 'his girlfriend is so organised we stole her and made her work for 8123' they laughed. 

Lucy smiled getting through her list, ‘one second sweetie’ he grinned, ‘alright, we’re on top of things, you just have to open your mouth and make noises’ he kissed her deeply, ‘i love you’ ‘I love you too’ being leaned back, ‘what’s got into you O’Callaghan?’ he grinned, ‘I wanna get into you’ ‘I love it when you talk dirty’ she bit her lip, he smirked kissing her passionately, kissing her neck, ‘John you’re making out now’ pulling her up on her two feet, ‘sorry babe’ kissing her softly, ‘I’ve missed you’ ‘I’m glad you fell in love with me, cos you’re amazing in love, you’re the dream guy’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing her deeply. 

Lucy looked at him, ‘what?’ he grinned, ‘I don’t know, I just like it when you’re like this’ kissing her cheek, she giggled, swaying her legs, he held her hand, ‘you’re so cute, Lucy’ she blushed, ‘like that’ ‘you’re cute too’ she smiled, ‘Lucy, I’m going to spend my life with you’ she looked at him, ‘I like that idea’ he grinned, ‘good, so you’ll marry me then?’ ‘yeah, I think so’ he grinned, ‘I spent a long time waiting for you to turn up in my life, I’m glad you did with your corvette and perfect song moments’ she laughed, ‘you and me both know The Phoenix was the perfect song to paintball too’ they laughed, ‘it was’ ‘and you know Only Love, is the perfect song for your rhythm’ he grinned, ‘it is’ kissing softly, ‘I love you’ sliding a ring on her finger, pulling her close by the hips, ‘I love you too’.
they lived happily.