Making Up.

To Be.

'Boring job, huh?' 'I quite like having a job right now that's 9-5, I've just finished education, which doesn't give you that option' putting books on shelves, 'what did you do?' 'politics' he nodded, 'and minored in philosophy, I suppose that counts' 'it's important!' 'I loved it, more than my major, to be is to do, apparently so I am being' he laughed, 'I begun philosophy but the band' she smiled, 'you play stuff?' she looked at him, 'yeah-' she smiled, 'I'm in an orchestra' 'serious?' 'it's my outside work thing, violin and piano' he smiled, 'that's awesome' she smiled, 'I've never met anyone who does it as an occupation' 'don't you go to gigs?' 'well, yeah, but they're all kinda snobs, and don't need jobs, trust fund babies' he laughed, 'I understand'.

'I'm a writer and a guitarist and a drummer-' 'I've always wanted to learn drums, but I can't afford a set' he smiled, 'I can teach you!' 'I'm Lucy' 'I'm John' she smiled, 'nice to meet you, I'd never afford lessons' 'that's ok, your attention will be enough' she blushed, 'thank you' he grinned, 'so, ermm, when would you like a lesson?' 'how about Wednesday evening?' he smiled, 'sounds good to me' she nodded, 'do you need anything?' he laughed, 'good point, I was wondering where I can find Nietzsche?' she laughed, 'let me show you'.

John knocked on Pat’s door a few hours later, ‘can I borrow your drum kit?’ ‘what?’ ‘I met this girl, she wants to learn to play drums-’ ‘and, you have no kit’ ‘well, I can play, I just don’t have a drum kit’ ‘I know, yeah sure, but you’re trying to impress a girl drumming?’ ‘she’s awesome Pat’ ‘ook’ Pat smiled, ‘you have your car, you can have my spare set’ ‘thank you, you legend’ packing a set in his car, ‘if I lived I loved you’ setting up in his apartment, he grinned, hoping this would be enough to impress her.

-x-

'Come in' 'thank you' she smiled, putting her bag down, 'you have a kit?' 'this one's the band's drummers' 'course' he smiled as she sat behind it, picking up sticks, 'here let me help you' 'what are you going to attempt to teach me?' he grinned, 'well, something simple?' 'Pour Some Sugar On Me, is kinda simple, it's one of my favourites' he smiled, 'I know that really well' 'good, you should' he laughed, 'would it be bad to ask you to sit on my lap, be easier' 'go ahead' she smiled standing up, he rest her down, 'it's this first' going through each thing, she was playing it completely in a couple of hours after food, he smiled, 'so, I thought I'd teach you?' he smiled, 'you think you can?' 'let's see' pulling out a viola from her bag.

'Under the chin, we'll start you off plucking, it's kinda simple' plucking a rhythm, 'violin is more difficult, I think I'm not expecting Beethoven next week' he laughed, 'thank you darling' they giggled, 'right, hold the bow, we'll see if you can do this she dirested his hands, resting back on his sofa, he smiled, 'good?' he look worried, 'it's a great start!' she smiled, 'you'll pick this up' playing the ditty again, he smiled at her, 'I feel educated' they giggled, 'I'm glad, you did good' kissing his cheek, he smiled, 'I wanna try again' 'ok' playing again, 'I need to know the theory' Lucy went through strings.

'How about we make an pact, our dates are lessons, and say in a month we have our pieces' he grinned, 'sounds good to me' 'I have a few violins, you can keep this one if you want for the time' he grinned, 'really?' 'there's a drum set at the university, I'm always welcome' 'cool' talking all evening, 'I should get home, work, it's midnight' 'oh, course' he smiled, 'thank you for this' 'no problem, you were interesting, and a good pupil' 'you too, kinda a natural' she smiled, 'ok, ermm, do you wanna meet again same day?' 'sure' he smiled, 'I'll pop in and annoy you too' 'why thank you, you made my day' he grinned, 'good' 'and, you have an awesome music collection' 'glad you think so' letting her out, he watched go on her bike, thinking she was incredible.
-x-
'Chinese, ok?' 'we should variate' he laughed, 'good idea' 'how about we start the violin, and then youk can teach me drums?' 'sure' he nodded, 'I think I'm good, I've practiced' 'cool' she smiled kneeling on his sofa, she took her heels off, 'did you walk?' 'I did, I was in the area, my friends lives a block away' he smiled, 'good, do you need a ride home?' 'I'll catch a cab' 'I don't mind' 'well, ok' he smiled, ordering food, she took some cash out, 'oh no-' 'you're giving me a ride home, let me pay for food' he smiled, 'you're so cute' kissing her hard on the lips, 'thank you' they giggled, 'can I learn something more complicated?' 'course'.

Lucy put his fingers in place, ‘you practice I’ll get the door’ he smiled, keeping his fingers in the right place, ‘thanks’ getting food, she brought it through, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ getting food out, he put the violin down, ‘thanks for teaching me, you’re a good teacher’ she smiled, ‘thanks’ ‘after food, teach you instead’ she nodded, ‘ok’ they giggled, ‘I just really like your company’ ‘I have a day off next Thursday-’ he smiled, ‘how about you come round in the morning, and we’ll have lessons then, can we go out, take you dancing?’ she smiled, ‘I was hoping you’d say that’ he grinned, ‘good, I like the prospect of spending a day with you’ ‘me too’.

'Sorry' 'it's alright' getting the door, she got off his lap, which is something he enjoyed, 'oh, Pat' 'you have my drums, it's just they're needed' 'not a great time?' 'pat' Lucy asked, 'oh, Lucy, what cha doing here?' 'I'm-' 'we're dating, how do you know one another?' 'oh, just school' she rubbed her neck, 'long time ago now' 'she was always in the music room, piano-' 'indeed' she smiled, 'so how long?' 'a couple of weeks' 'you picked a good one John' she laughed, 'thanks, you need your drums?' 'I do' 'I'll give you a hand' Lucy smiled.

'Can he have them back by Thursday?' 'sure-' Pat nodded, 'so, how did you meet?' 'bookshop, working in Phoenix at the moment' 'you did politics, I think?' she nodded, 'I did, I just wanted to do something 9-5, to pay for my masters' 'course, but you know you could work at 8123, pay better too-' 'I don't know, are you in the band with John?' 'he's the singer, you didn't know?' 'The Maine?' 'yeah?' 'that's him' 'you don't know?' 'I've been busy, last time I saw you guys, Gare was clean cut' Pat laughed, 'not so much these days, beard' they giggled, packing the last, 'well, just return these please?' 'I will' Pat grinned, 'good luck with getting him, you'll need it'.

Lucy sat with him watching movies, ‘I’m enjoying doing nothing’ resting her head on his lap, he caressed her cheek, ‘me too’ ‘Pat wish me luck in getting you, like you’re a kind of Pokemon’ he laughed, ‘I’m a shiney’ ‘that’s cute’ they giggled, ‘you’re a shiney too’ ‘if you didn’t start with bulbosaur, you don’t know what the fuck you’re doing’ he laughed, ‘you’re so yourself, I quite like it’ kissing her head, ‘I guess, I have a reputation, but I do wanna find the right girl’ she smiled, ‘well, I can try, I’m not going to waste my time, if you’re prepared to waste mine’ ‘you’re not darling’ ‘good’ kissing passionately, making out during movies.

John dropped her home, ‘thank you’ ‘after work next Wednesday, why don’t you come stay?’ ‘sure’ he grinned, ‘can I pick you up?’ ‘sure’ ‘why do you have the day off?’ ‘oh, I just thought my birthday was a good day to take a day off for’ ‘it’s your birthday, you should have said!’ ‘well, I’m on my own in this state, my parents are down in Florida now retiring, so there’s no one really to celebrate with!’ ‘well, I’m glad you turn 22, with me’ he grinned, ‘me too, see you then’ he grinned.
-x-

John picked her up kissing her deeply, ‘you saw me two days ago’ ‘I missed you in 2 days’ ‘you must tell me when you come and go’ ‘good point, in Australia and Europe and soon’ ‘quite some travelling’ he smiled, ‘when do you graduate?’ ‘I graduate in September, the 5th’ he smiled, ‘good, can I come?’ ‘sure’ he grinned, ‘it’s a week before I go’ ‘ok’ Lucy nodded, ‘so, your place, right?’ ‘I was thinking we could go out tonight, then tomorrow, we could do some nice stuff’ she smiled, ‘whatever you want’ he grinned, ‘got clothes with you?’ ‘yeah’ he grinned, ‘good’.

'Fuck me' she laughed, 'let's get a cab?' 'sure-' ordering one, he pulled her close, 'you look stunning, darling' kissing her nose, 'how did you do it so quickly?' she laughed, 'I prefer having a good night, then a good wardrobe' he laughed, 'also, I admired the vest, I met god she's black?' he grinned, 'thought you might' they giggled, 'it was tempting to steal that' 'darling, you can share my wardrobe any time you like' 'I look forward to it, but I suggest you avoid my floral dresses' he laughed, 'I shall, most of the time'.

John danced with her, getting drinks, ‘I like your company’ he grinned, ‘mutual’ kissing her softly, passing her a drink, she took a sip, ‘so, what are your plans?’ ‘Pat said I could come work at 8123, but I don’t really want to’ he smiled, ‘why?’ ‘cos, we’re just starting, and I don’t particularly wanna be reminded everyday that the person who makes me happy, is making other people happy’ he laughed, ‘musically, just musically’ he grinned, ‘I trust you’ he smiled, ‘some call it crazy’ ‘well, you invested time in me, like my teacher used to say, it’s only your time you’re wasting’ he grinned, ‘very true’.
Getting back to his late, they fell in bed, resting on John’s chest, ‘I trust you too’ ‘good’ snuggling into him, ‘happy birthday’ ‘thanks’ he grinned, holding her, fall asleep.
-x-

'Waffles, darling' 'you sweetheart' he grinned, 'Pat told you about the band, didn't he?' 'he did' she smiled, 'but you didn't make a change' 'it's not important, it's more about us, just as long as we talk about our problems before you write about them, like some lyricists, I don't mind' he smiled, 'like some lyricists' she coughed, 'Alex Gaskarth' John laughed, 'that won't happen, me and you, we're good, I've already written about you and Pat brought the drums back, and I owe you' 'you do' he grinned, 'you make me happy' 'I really hope so' 'you haven't heard the records?' 'nope' 'first present!' she laughed.

John pulled her out of bed, she picked Jeans and that vest she liked, he laughed, ‘you’re really taking this stealing my wardrobe thing seriously’ he grinned, ‘I date a feminist, I’m good’ he smirked, ‘the things that you find attractive in men, I find amusing, but pleased about’ she laughed, ‘good’ kissing him deeply, ‘I hope I get birthday sex?’ he grinned, ‘oh, babe, you will, but I have plans first’ heading for the desert after coffee.

'Dance with me' Tom Petty playing, he smiled, 'I love Wildflowers' 'be my girlfriend' she smiled, 'love to' 'I love you too' 'I love you' kissing him softly, 'you didn't say that did you?' she laughed, 'nope, but I do love you, you're the perfect company' he grinned, 'glad you think so' kissing passionately, 'can I take pictures, I'd like to remember this?' he grinned, 'course' they laughed, taking photos, they made silly faces, talking all evening, heading home, they fell in bed, making love.
-x-

A few months later:-

John heard his name murmured and a vibrating sound, giving her a key before he left, he heard her gasp, watching her get herself off, she climaxed, catching her breath, ‘enjoying yourself?’ she flushed red, ‘John, fuck’ covering herself up, he grinned, ‘you were pleasing yourself?’ ‘well, I miss you, and you were in Europe a long time’ he smiled sitting on the bed as she put the vibrator under her pillow, ‘that was possibly the sexiest thing I’d ever seen’ she blushed, bringing her knees up, ‘and you said my name’ he grinned, ‘well, you are my greatest turn-on’ ‘damn, in my bed too, fuck’ ‘well, you could please me physically too’ he grinned, ‘good idea’ making love.

'Do you do that often?' 'every couple of days' he smirked against her skin, 'I'm sorry, I'm just thinking of you' 'all I ever do' he laughed, 'clearly, damn, well, I'm glad I only have to be jealous of this' pulling it out from under her pillow' she took it from him, 'mind-' he laughed, putting it in her drawer, 'I just I'm sorry, I just' 'it's that or jumping the bones of someone else, and that goes against everything I believe in, so-' he grinned, 'me too, I've got ruined socks' she laughed, kissing down his body, 'fuck'.
'I want you messing up my bedsheets' going down on her, 'I am so glad you're so giving' he grinned, swirling his tongue, 'with a girl who gives head like you, damn right I will' climaxing, 'fuck' they giggled, 'I love you darling, I love being with you' kissing her neck, 'hmm-' he grinned, 'what guy doesn't go down?' 'hmm, Alex Gaskarth?' John laughed, 'he's becoming the go-to guy for sucky relationships' they giggled, 'he is the go to guy on sucky relationships, you've heard!' they laughed, 'but, anyway, thank you' he laughed, 'don't mention it, what do you think of me doing' 'just going deep and fast-' 'oh, really?' he smirked.

John looked at her across breakfast, it was her turn to make it, ‘you should move in’ ‘really?’ she smiled, ‘I’d like you here when I get home’ she smiled, ‘are you sure?’ ‘I know it’s been 4 months’ she nodded, ‘but I am damn sure we are long haul, I don’t go down on people who I just want hanging around’ she giggled, ‘sure, my tenancy runs out in February, so maybe then?’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing her softly, ‘I just want you here’ ‘well, while you are here, I will be’ he grinned, ‘I see you’re still digging my wardrobe’ she smirked, ‘I like this one’ wearing his red plaid shirt, ‘It’s a turn on’ ‘I see where this is going, bed day?’ ‘you know it’.
-x-

A year later:-
Laughing in someone’s face wasn’t polite, ‘what the fuck-’ ‘inside joke’ ‘about me?’ ‘that’s awkward’ John muttered, ‘let’s not, nice to meet you’ ‘now, I’m curious!’ ‘it’s better if you don’t’ ‘oh, come on’ ‘well, we kinda use your albums as ways of not to do a relationship’ Jack belly-laughed, ‘how the hell did the begin?’ ‘well, I said to John just as long as you don’t ding about our problems before you record-’ Jack was dying, ‘and it went from there’ ‘we make an awful lot of assumptions’ ‘like you don’t go down’ they giggled, as John whispered, ‘hey, I don’t’ ‘see!’ laughing, ‘I apologise, it just seemed an easy contrast’.

John held her close still giggling, ‘that was horrible’ ‘oh, come on, love, it was funny Jack was crying’ she chuckled, ‘and, it’s his own fault, he doesn’t have to whine so much’ ‘I whine, to be honest’ ‘but, you had a right to, he could have moved on, you had nothing to move on from, nothing real for you’ he smiled, ‘I am so glad I found you Lucy’ ‘mutual, now I get to do my master and work for 8123 and not creep for you’ he laughed, ‘you really don’t stalk me do you?’ ‘I work in admin, it’s good’ he grinned, ‘I love you darling’ ‘I love you too’ kissing his head, he grinned, ‘I love it when you do that’ ‘I’m just glad we can be quite normal-’ ‘and don’t do an Alex?’ ‘I hard that!’ they laughed.

John held her hand walking home, ‘I always wanna be with you’ he looked at her, ‘you think?’ ‘I do think, I never could get bored of you, I find something new about you everyday’ ‘I love our jokes, and the way we are’ he grinned, ‘would you ermm, would you marry me’ his voice getting higher, she smiled, ‘you know I would, you wait a lifetime for someone like you’ he grinned, ‘I waited far too long, where the hell were you?’ she laughed, ‘I’m sorry Johnny’ kissing his cheek, he grinned, he took her hand and slid a ring on her finger, in New York, ‘thank you’ ‘no, thank you’ holding her, ‘I had to lie and pretend I was interested in GK for you to meet Alex, so I hope you realise my sacrifice’ ‘it’s a shame, that Brian guy was good, be good on tour with you’ ‘I thought that’.

Making love John held her in bed, ‘why did you hit on me?’ he laughed, ‘I think you had me at to be is to do’ she laughed, ‘to be is to do you’ John laughed, ‘mutual’ kissing, ‘you want kids?’ ‘I do, you?’ ‘I do!’ he grinned, ‘but not any time soon’ ‘that’s fine with me’ ‘maybe 5 years, when you slow down a little, whatever comes first’ he grinned, ‘sounds good to me, but now I have to be’ she laughed, ‘you do’.
they lived happily.