Making Up.

When I'm At Home.

'Whatcha writing about, I come here often always scribbling' she smiled, 'I'm sketching, and my house is insane, I never get any peace, so I come here' she smiled, 'I know the feeling, I live on a bus a lot' 'I like my own company after university, I always feel bad for not being able to fit back in' he looked at her sketch then her, 'it's not bad at all' 'I hope I grow out of it' she nodded, 'am I destroying your peace?' 'oh, no it's fine' he smiled, 'good, I'm John' 'I'm Lucy, my fingers are covered in charcoal so-' he laughed at her blackened fingers, 'can I buy you coffee?' 'I need a beer' he laughed, 'beers fine'.

Lucy picked at the paper, ‘can I?’ ‘sure, go ahead I just do it for a hobby to be hobby, thing is I do more hobby than work’ he laughed, ‘my hobby is my work’ ‘I am mighty jealous’ they laughed, ‘so, what do you wanna do?’ ‘oh, I have a job, it’s a bit slow though, I’m a pilot’ he looked at her, ‘sorry?’ ‘I’m a pilot, I fly a private plane for a company, I get paid well but of course you don’t do all that much work?’ he smiled, ‘I think that’s an awesome job’ ‘I wanted to fly so I became a pilot, I like to travel, I really a nice job including a beach comes up’ he smiled, ‘I hope so for you’. 

'Did you do college?' 'yeah, course, I did philosophy, I knew I was gonna be a pilot, but I love to read so' 'how did you do the flying training?' 'I saved up money from my tuition and I got a few jobs, saved up then my ex took pity on me and trained me properly got my licence on my 21st birthday, that was 3 years ago' he smiled, 'so you're 24' 'indeed, I am' 'you said ex?' she smiled, 'I did, didn't I?' he grinned, 'I like that subtlety' 'it's been a while' he laughed, 'can I change that?' 'I thought you were?' he grinned. 

'I should get home, you have my number, back to insanity' picking up her sketch book, he smiled, 'there's one of wildflowers-' 'you like it?' 'would it be bad to have it?' she smiled, 'course not, I hang out in the Sonora a lot listening to Tom Petty' 'Wildflowers?' 'you know?' 'he's one of my favourites' she smiled, 'I'm glad to hears this' passing him the pice of paper, 'I spray each picture so it doesn't smudge' 'oh, good' 'see you soon' he smiled putting the picture in his pocket, and pinning to his wall, he smiled. 
-x- 

John called her, ‘hello?’ ‘hey-’ he heard shouting, ‘sorry my family are complex’ he laughed, ‘I know the feeling, are you busy, you can come to mine, I’ll cook’ he smiled, ‘sure, I have a violin lesson in 30, so I can be over around 6?’ ‘sure that sounds good’ he smiled, ‘violin?’ ‘I started as a kid, and wanted to start again’ ‘you are fascinating, bring it with you, can you play much?’ ‘I’m alright, I like teaching myself more’ he smiled, ‘I don’t blame you’ ‘I’ll see you at 6, send me the address’. 

'Finally, thanks for the invite' 'oh, no problem' 'you have a nice place' 'thanks, I'm kinda new at it' she nodded, 'that's cool' she smiled, 'so, what are you cooking?' 'is pizza ok?' 'that's fine' he smiled, 'violin?' 'it's a cheap one but I like it' he smiled, 'wanna play something, I'll get my guitar?' she smiled, 'ok, I just learnt some Tchaikovsky, is that ok?' 'fine' he nodded, as she put the violin under her chin, and begun to play, he smiled watching her, 'you like that piece don't you?' 'it's why I wanted to learn it' he smiled, 'guitar' playing music all evening. 

'Man, I have never felt so good, thanks, it's like your a spa or something' he laughed, 'I can do massages?' she smiled, 'prove it?' he smiled turning her round, massaging her shoulders and neck, 'hmm' 'did you just?' 'I ermm, have a really sensitive neck, I'm sorry' 'I hope I have the need to remember' she smiled, 'me too' he kissed her neck softly, she smiled, 'you're good with your hands, huh?' 'I'm a singer, I hope I'm good with my mouth' he grinned, kissing her shoulder, 'that feels good' he grinned, as she turned towards him, 'would you like a girlfriend?' he grinned, 'sure would'. 

'Stay, you don't like home' she smiled, 'can I borrow a shirt?' 'course' she nodded, 'ok' he grinned, 'sorry my room is a mess, I tour and stuff' 'you just need a girl with slight OCD' he laughed, 'you have slight OCD' 'fortunately for you, I just like things tidy you know?' he smiled, 'that's fine' picking up a shirt from the laundry she changed in his shower and slipped under the covers, he pulled her close, kissing her softly, she rested on his chest, 'at the beginning of September I have to go to Australia, I'm taking All Time Low over, so' 'I'm on tour in Australia?' 'oh, well if we're in the same place, let me know?' 'I will' 'good' 'what day do you leave?' 'oh, about 3 days' 'same'. 
-x- 
'Lucy?' 'hmm?' 'you're our driver, pilot' 'I'm no captain yet' Jack smiled, 'I see what you did there' saluting, Lucy smirked, Alex smiled, 'do you wanna go out on the town?' 'you can, I can't, the guy I'm dating is playing in Brisbane, and he wants me to be there' she shrugged, 'have a good evening?' 'who's playing in Brisbane?' 'he hasn't told me, just the venue, is that bad?' 'you don't know the band he's in?' 'his name is John O'Callaghan, you heard of him?' 'you're dating him?' 'yeah, so?' 'The Maine, it's The Maine' 'we're coming with you' 'Dear Lucy count me in' they laughed. 

'I apologise' John smiled, 'when I said your name and it was their night off' he laughed, 'it's good to see you' 'is there a reason you didn't tell me?' Alex smiled, 'probably because he didn't want you to judge him on Can't Stop Won't Stop' 'that's pretty fair, I don't want anyone to judge anything on that' she smiled, 'ok' she nodded, 'I know you're good, but tours I kinda miss through work, so I don't think about what they look like and knowing some band guys better now, I wish we'd never met' she winked, 'bitch!' John laughed. 

John held her watching the set, ‘I’m glad you could see a show’ ‘me too’ kissing her head, ‘who’s this?’ ‘oh, this is Lucy, she’s my girlfriend’ ‘I’m also a pilot and driver for those guys’ Jared smiled, ‘you’re a pilot?’ ‘yeah, I have to take Motionless In White or something across Europe-’ ‘we’re doing that tour’ ‘oh, I’m not stalking you’ he laughed, ‘no, I’m glad, motionless in white though’ ‘they’ll be nice right?’ ‘they wear an awful lot of makeup?’ ‘oh, right, like Kiss, or like Britney?’ they laughed, ‘like Kiss’ ‘well, I have you to save me from nightmares’ she whispered, he grinned, ‘you do’. 

Alex and Jack walked with her to the bus, ‘if I was a guy I’d tap that’ Alex smiled sitting next to her as she begun the engine, ‘thanks, good to know’ he laughed, ‘so, what do you like about him?’ ‘I don’t know, is it bad to be a bit annoyed?’ ‘I think it’s cos you care about him, Lucy’ she nodded, ‘probably, probably’ he smiled, ‘don’t feel bad about it, he just wanted to trust you’ ‘true, I guess’ she smiled, ‘the girl did good though’ Alex laughed, as she got back on the road, ‘I think you did’ she smiled, ‘are you single?’ ‘no, I’m with someone’ ‘moved on’ ‘tried again’ ‘that’s amazing’ he smiled, ‘you’re the only one who thinks so’ ‘you keep learning the lesson, until you’ve learnt it’ he smiled, ‘indeed’. 
-x- 

John smiled meeting her in Papago Park, ‘I wish we could hire you, you looked like you had fun in Australia?’ ‘I did, they were good people’ he smiled, ‘our shows were sold out, it was awesome’ she laughed, ‘I’m really glad, from what I saw you put on a show’ he smiled, ‘indeed, I think we really need to work an us’ ‘I felt a little hurt’ ‘I know, but, I just wanted to make sure, I’ve seen it all before, but I trust you’ ‘I trust you too’ ‘good’ she smiled, ‘so yeah’ he laughed, ‘scared?’ ‘nervous’ he laughed, ‘ok’ ‘ok’ they giggled, John kissed her, ‘we’ll be alright’. 

'Family better?' 'no, I am not big fan of divorce, but my parents should' he smiled, 'you're not scared we'll end up like them?' 'no, you're dating me not my family, I intend to run away and never look back' he smiled pulling her close, 'darling stay with me, I'm falling for you, no matter what happens I'll be here fro you, I'd be a moron to lose you, I just hate you going back, let me be your warm bath' 'only if we share it' he grinned, 'fine with me'. 

John pulled her close in a bubbled bath, ‘you’re beautiful Lucy’ ‘we haven’t even made love yet’ she blushed, he kissed her neck, making her gasp, ‘may we?’ ‘can we do it in the bath?’ he smiled, ‘babe’ picking her up and wrapping her in a towel, ‘in bed’ she smiled as he picked her up and headed for his room, ‘promise you’ll stay’ ‘I promise, I’m at home when I’m with you’ he grinned kissing her deeply, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ they giggled, making love.
-x- 
A year later:-

'Who's going to do her violin part, she coming with us?' 'ahh, yeah' John smiled, 'well, she's best to do violin if she can play it and Matt's busy, hence she's learnt the key board parts' Jared smiled, 'welcome aboard then?' 'I even bought a new violin to fit in?' they gathered around, 'it's blue, isn't it beautiful?' they looked at her, 'it is, more beautiful if you weren't the only one who could play it?' 'I apologise, but I spent a good amount of dollars on this, it's electric acoustic' John grinned, 'she always wanted a blue violin' 'Leah had one' 'who's Leah?' 'a bitch in middle school' they laughed. 

John smiled watching her play on the bus, her eyes closed playing her favourite lullabies, the bus was still asleep, ‘I love watching you play, you’re so graceful’ she smiled, ‘thank you, but you’re so passionate when you perform, you inspire me’ he grinned, ‘you inspire me too, but I think you knew that’ she grinned, just a little, I’m glad you put When I’m At Home in the set’ he grinned too, ‘you can play it with me, right?’ ‘if you would like’ taking her hand, ‘Lucy?’ ‘hmmm?’ ‘will you marry me?’ ‘I would’ he grinned, ‘good’. 

'We're not going to be like them?' 'I know that, you gave me faith in humanity' he laughed, 'good' kissing her head, she hugged him tight, 'quietest sex, I've had with you' he grinned, 'you ever will' they giggled, 'I love you' 'I love you too'. 
they lived happily