Making Up.

Where Did You Go?

'Where are you going?' 'Away?' she smiled, 'I'm just going, I don't know where, but I am going' he laughed, 'you're on a road trip?' 'I guess, you could call it that, but my stories feel so old?' he smiled, 'it's time to get some new ones' she grinned, 'you need better people to hang with?' 'or better places, there's a reason so many bands come from here, nothing else to bloody do!' picking up her keys, John smirked, 'I'm in a band' 'exactly' 'I love Arizona' she smiled, 'well, have you toured?' 'yes, extensively' she wrote down her number, 'let me know where I should go in some states then' he grinned, 'I will' John smiled, 'I'm Lucy' 'John' 'nice to meet you so briefly' 'mutual' as she got in the car, he almost hated himself for letting her get away.

'What direction did you take?' John called, 'I'm in LA, I don't particularly like LA, but my favourite beach is here, Prismo Beach, so I'm going to visit tomorrow then head off again' he smiled, 'nice, why?' 'There’s this nautilus staircase that I like the view from the top on' he smiled, 'where are you heading?' 'Las Vegas?' he smiled, 'don't do anything too stupid?' she laughed, 'I'm done 22 and all I've ever done is play it safe, how can I not?' he smiled, 'well, not too much money, you have a long journey' 'all those wander are not lost' he grinned, 'no, hobbit' he grinned, she smiled, 'that's your new nickname Lucy, hobbit' 'sounds legit, I'm on an adventure' he grinned, 'seems perfect' the laughed, 'got any driving music suggestions that aren't Tom Petty?' John grinned, 'nope' they laughed, talking all evening in her cramped hotel room.
-x-
'Where you at now?' 'I'm in Yellowstone National Park amazed I have signal' he grinned, 'and where are you going, it's been two weeks?' 'I did a few days work in a diner to get some gas, ermm, I'm off to Montana' he grinned, 'nice, Helena?' 'Indeed, heading for Butte too' he smiled, 'awesome, so what are your plans when you get back?' 'my dad runs the Tempe studios, I'll work there, it's what my degrees in, Sound Engineering & Production' he smirked, 'shame you didn't see church?' 'I'm fine, I have a mind' 'no-' he laughed, 'our studios is called the church?' 'that's cool, I like that, what's your band called?' 'The Maine?' 'Ahh, you're really good man' he grinned, 'glad you think so' 'hmm, so, what are your plans, aren't you on tour?' 'I always have time for you miss' 'such a charmer' he grinned.

'So, after Helena?' 'Good question?' 'I was thinking maybe you could go through the Dakota's, then Iowa, into Chicago' he smiled, 'that's not a bad plan' he grinned, 'glad you think so?' brushing out a map, 'hmm, could take a while though' 'it could, about 2-3 weeks if you keep needing to get jobs' 'indeed, indeed' they giggled, 'you know I can wire you money?' 'Nahh, don't worry darling' he blushed smiling, 'ok, then, just make sure you're alright?' 'I will, I'll take good care of myself love' he smiled, 'good, just be good' 'I will' 'good' he grinned, 'so, how's everything going for you darling?' John smiled chewing his lip, 'I'm in Australia, just heading for Singapore' 'geez' he grinned, 'jealous?' 'Very, but I really hope it goes well for you darling, you'll be good' 'thank you' 'take care'.

Lucy drove all night ending up Dakota, she put A Rocket To The Moon, ‘Listening to Dakota in Dakota, I know I’m good’ John smiled seeing her tweets, chatting about twitter before, he was keeping an eye on her, John text her, ‘I like On A Lonely Night myself’ ‘greetings from. Dakota’ John laughed, ‘glad you’re well’ ‘I am, heading for Mount Rushmore’ he grinned, ‘take pictures’ ‘of course’ they laughed, ‘I can’t wait for you to get back to Arizona’ ‘same, same, be fun, though I am running out of money again, might find a little job in Des Moines for a bit, and see what I can do’ John smiled, ‘not too long a job, I don’t see Iowa much’ she giggled, ‘from what I’ve gathered of the West of America, Arizona is the best part to be in’ John grinned, ‘glad you think so’.
-x-
'I don't know if you'll find this story funny or not' John smirked, 'tell me, it's the Mesa show tonight' 'well, I was a feeling a little frustrated so the girls at the record store I work for a bit, were like take you on the town, met this cute guy, got back, he left me a 100 dollar bill on the side in my room, I think he thought he was a whore' he laughed so loud waking up the bus, she was giggling, 'I am so glad you laughed' he grinned, 'really that frustrated?' 'it was a good night, and I've been away what 5 weeks now' 'sorry, but girls' 'girls are meant to get laid, we get just as frustrated as men' 'I had no idea, it's all those headaches you have' she laughed so hard, John giggled, 'I assure you I do not get headaches for anything that fun' John grinned, 'do you have many?' 'first, don't tend to make it a habit' 'good' 'I sure hope you're controlling yourself' he grinned, 'thanks'.

Lucy got her cash together from 3 weeks of work, ‘Chicago me and you are going to have so much fun’ putting in gas she hit the road, heading for chi town, it took 4 hours of Neil Young and Bob Dylan and a bunch of Twinkies but it was worth it, ‘how long are you in Chicago for?’ ‘I am not sure, but I wanna see Indiana, definitely, Mary Jane!’ he grinned, ‘Indiana boys on those Indian nights, huh?’ ‘Think I might avoid the guys considering, but definitely Indiana’ he grinned, ‘good’ John was falling hopelessly for her, he didn’t want her to either, ‘John, are you in any of the states nearby soon?’ ‘oh, yes, I’m in Indianapolis now but I’m in Chicago tomorrow’ he smiled, ‘please be there, I’ve put you on the guest list’ he grinned, ‘I’ll be there darling’.

John grinned as she came in, ‘when did you last shower?’ ‘About a hour ago’ ‘god, you’re cleaner than me’ ‘I have a dodgy motel about 20 minutes away’ ‘so you’re working here?’ ‘only for about 4-6 weeks, I work in a venue called the Metro, I do lights’ he smiled, ‘Chicago would make me stay’ she laughed, ‘no, I miss home the further I get away from it’ he smiled, ‘good’ she nodded, ‘Lucy, I kinda really-’ he blushed, she smiled kissing him softly on tiptoes on the lips, he grinned holding her cheek, ‘how long are you here?’ ‘2 months, its paternity leave’ ‘are you home for Christmas?’ ‘no’ ‘what?’ ‘There’s so much more to explore, I haven’t seen New York, or Thames Street, or WWE headquarters-’ reeling a list, he grinned, ‘fine, when will you be home?’ ‘April, May maybe?’ ‘geez’ they giggled, ‘feeling frustrated’ ‘very’ ‘bus, now’ picking her up.

'Fuck me' 'I'll leave a hundred for you' they giggled, ‘god that was horrifying' he laughed, 'did you find out why?' 'Apparently the bar is notorious for prostitution, something we didn't know at the time and thus' he laughed, 'were you easy?' 'not that easy, maybe he thought it was role play' John laughed, 'I'm not surprised he paid, you are fucking incredible' they giggled, 'less frustrated?' 'very much, do me for a good six weeks, you'll have to come meet me somewhere?' he smirked, 'I'll have to' they giggled kissing passionately, he dressed her back up but slid her on his lap, 'I know, they'll be back soon' making love again on his bunk then watching him play.
-x-
'Darling, it's January' 'I know, my birthday is in 3 weeks' he grinned, 'well, I'm back from the Philippines by then' she smiled, 'well, I've gone from Chicago for 2 months, then on to Indiana, then on to Ohio and here I am in Pennsylvania' 'how long are you there, I have friends there?' 'oh, cool, well I need to get another job here, I'm working in a cafe, I was a barista in Arizona for a bit' 'your dad doesn't help?' 'eurgh, one of those republican if you're going to do it, do it yourself people' John grinned, 'I'm sorry' 'it's ok' they laughed, talking all afternoon, 'where are you staying in Philly?' 'just a hotel' 'my friend has a place, we can stay there together?' 'I'll make it my last week in Philadelphia that week, head round New Jersey then Thames Street is getting done' he laughed, 'all time low fan' 'maybe' giggling.

John pulled her close on her birthday, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘when you coming home?’ ‘when Orlando has happened and Nashville has been nailed and all the places I wanna see are done’ ‘but babe’ ‘I know, you miss me, I miss you a lot too, I love you, but I need to do this for myself’ kissing him softly, he smiled, ‘also, do you want a girlfriend waiting and moping around for you at home?’ John smirked, ‘yes, actually’ she smirked, ‘you’re moving in when you get home’ ‘if you want me too?’ he grinned, ‘and you’re working for me, I don’t care, I want you around as much as possible’ she giggled, ‘you’re a darling’ he blushed, she kissed him softly, ‘come on, bed, everyone’s asleep bar us’ ‘you’re not going to sleep baby’ she blushed, he grinned heading for bed.

'Happy birthday darling' pulling her close, 'thank you darling' he grinned, 'I've also known I love you 3 months today' kissing her neck, she gasped and giggled, he grinned, 'I love you' 'I love you too, darling' 'Valentines is 3 weeks away' 'I'll be in Baltimore for that' he sighed, 'darling, I wish I could be with you sweetie' John smiled as she kissed him, 'absence makes the heart grow fonder, I'm told, I think it might be our motto' he grinned, 'darling, I'll have it tattooed across my heart' he blushed she ran fingers across his cheek, 'if you do, I will' he grinned, 'literally' 'literally' 'I promise' 'I promise too' holding her tight of the guest bedroom, 'how was Manila, I think your name is almost written over that' he laughed, 'awesome' spending the week together.

'I hope this journey will make home worth it' 'it will, when I'm with you I'm at home' he grinned, 'I feel burnt' he laughed, she smiled, 'it will, I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep' he grinned, 'nice tattoo that' 'I got it the day before I left' he grinned, 'good to know'.
-x-
'Where are you baby?' she smiled, 'I am in Tennessee' 'It's March, I’m on tour again, when you come home?' 'I know, I'll be waiting for you' he grinned, 'that is a lovely thought' 'I'll be heading from here to Colorado then to our home?' he grinned, 'I can't wait to see you, can you be waiting on the bed for me?' she laughed, 'sofa, much easier?' they laughed, 'you will definitely be home' 'I will because, I got this job which I can do online and it pays me quite well, I just keep traveling stop and then carry on' 'what is it?' 'It’s sending Spam' he laughed, 'what?' 'it's nothing dodgy, just sending emails, I intend to quit when I get home' 'good' 'all goes to trash anyway, I send it for charities' 'good' they laughed, talking as she drove from Tennessee on to Colorado.

Lucy smiled bringing her stuff in, in Chandler, she looked around, it had been 5 weeks since she had last seen John, it was on tour, they had gone wild, she blushed at the memory, she unpacked her things and put them in the wash, got a shower thoroughly cleaning herself for once it felt and put on Tom Petty calling John, ‘baby?’ ‘darling, I’m home at yours’ ‘I can hear’ they giggled, ‘I’m glad you’re home’ ‘is there anything you want at home when you get home?’ ‘You?’ ‘Other than me, whipped cream and strawberries?’ he smirked, ‘you’re kinky, you know?’ she laughed, ‘thanks John’ laughing together, ‘buy some whipped cream’ he murmured, she giggled, ‘ok, Johnny’ he chewed his lip, ‘see you on the bed in a week’.

John pounced on her as she lay in a dressing gown and that’s it, pulling it off, and making love, John kissed her body, ‘Lucy?’ ‘Hmm?’ ‘Be my wife?’ ‘we’ve known one another 6 months, John-’ ‘and, I’ve never been in love with anyone else and we did it over the phone imagine how amazing we’ll be here’ ‘we did a lot over the phone’ she smirked, ‘will you marry me?’ pulling a ring out, ‘I think it will be the best chance I ever take’ he grinned sliding the ring on her finger, ‘I’m in love with you darling’ she smiled, ‘I’m in love with you’ he grinned, ‘you coming to the show?’ ‘When I get some clothes on and we take a shower’ he grinned, ‘I like this plan’ heading for the bathroom and showering then heading for the gig.
'Lucy!' 'Jared' hugging him, 'it's good to see you all again' 'has he?' 'yes' 'that's awesome' Jared smiled, 'I really look forward to that happening' 'me too, how's it going?' talking about the tour, Lucy kept in touch with Jared cos he wouldn't bullshit about John and his mind, 'he was very eager to get home, he cut short some of the meet and greets' 'fuck, that's unlike you people' she smiled, talking about music and the set coming up, John grabbed her up, holding her waist during the support, kissing her neck, 'we're getting married' 'yes, eventually, we have to figure if we can live together first?' he grinned, 'true' she smiled, 'a year from today' he grinned, 'fine, you're the sensible one after all' he smirked kissing her, 'I left a hundred on the bedside cabinet' Jared looking confused, 'what?' Jared crying with laughter at the story, realising stories don't get old, people do.
-x-
A year later:-
'Mrs. O'Callaghan' she grinned as he kissed down her belly, 'anything I can do for you?' 'You can stay down there?' John grinned diving his mouth inside her, 'fuck' tugging on his hair as he brought her to climax, he grinned trailing kisses softly, she licked his lips clean, kissing passionately, 'I have a wife, I married you a lady I'm in love with' she blushed grinned, 'yeah you did and far more impressive darling, she feels the same about you' he grinned putting her on top, 'I have no idea why you put up with me?' 'because I'm in love with you, and there's no one else who I wanna spend my life knowing better' he smiled, 'mutual' kissing her neck, she moved down his body, going down, 'oh, baby'.

'Do you want a family?' 'I do' pulling her close after a long session, 'good' 'are you?' 'no, no, just making sure, I never asked' John smiled, 'I think I wanna make sure we're settled before we begin doing the serious stuff' John chuckled, 'settled, you and me, that's almost a joke' she snuggled into him, 'well I am quite happy being at home if we're beginning our family' John smiled, 'well, you only come on the international tours darling' 'I've seen enough of the world and it only pulls me further away from you' he smiled, 'you're beautiful darling' she smiled, 'I had no idea when I met you how important you would be to me darling' he blushed, 'I love you' 'I love you too' he grinned, 'me too, but I waited so long to find you baby' 'I'm glad you thought I was worth it' he grinned.

They lived happily.