Status: In Progress. Updated every Monday and Thursday.

Make Way for the Spiders

One

I stepped out of the car to face my new home, holding a box of my things.

It was completely different from my small home in Arizona. This was an apartment building. The average home in New York, I guess.

I blew my bangs out of my eyes, and took those few steps before entering the new house - apartment building, whatever. I carried my box to the elevator, following my mom and her college friend, Frank to the elevator.

He was the one who set up this place. Mom and Frank worked in the same business, and used to be based in different locations. But, since business in Arizona had slowed, and New York had increased, the big boss man chose my mom to pack up everything and leave.

Trust me, I'm not complaining.

At my old school, I was a total freak to everyone. I was lucky if I was noticed by the bullies. Plus, my dad lived in Arizona.

So did Kim.

Dad left Mom and me for some chick half his age about a year ago. Kim had black hair. Kim was tall. Kim had green eyes. Kim had way too much plastic surgery.

So in other words, the complete opposite of my mom. My mom was beautiful - and real. She had brownish blonde hair, not tall, not short, and had big, blue eyes. I looked just like her except that I had dyed my hair red - my favorite color.

The elevator dinged on the fourth floor, shocking me out of my thoughts. I followed Frank and my mom down the hall, until we reached a door with 'D16' on it.

Mom fumbled with the keys, and finally opened the door widely. Frank stepped aside so I could walk through first, and I chewed my lip while I stepped through the doorway.

To my left, the kitchen was a decent size, and I silently cheered in my head. I loved to cook, and no offense to Mom, but she seriously sucked at it.

To my right, there was a good sized family room, with a couch, recliner, and TV. I could see a hallway further down, with three doors - probably the bathroom and two bedrooms.

I studied the light brown walls, and walked over to the window, setting my box on the couch. I looked out the glass, enjoying the view of the streets below. I smiled softly to myself. Just like my mom said, this was a new start.

A new home, new school, and-

I yelped and jumped back, when a streak of blue and red about the size of a human flew past the window.

"What was that?" Mom asked Frank, who chuckled.

"That was Spiderman," he explained. "He's a super hero. About a month ago, he saved the city from a giant lizard."

My eyes widened. "Spiderman?" I asked. Spider? Spiderman?

Frank nodded. "No one knows who he is. He shows up when there's trouble, and disappears after taking out the bad guys."

"Oh, that's... Nice," I said, grabbing my box and rushing down the hall. I opened the first door on the right, and found a full bathroom. Closing it, I went to the first door on my left. It was a big room, with a queen bed, and a large desk. Probably the master. So, I opened the last door, and found a smaller room, twin sized bed, and a good sized desk.

The walls were mint green, and the wooden bedside table, bed headboard, an desk were light wood.

I smiled and sat on the white bed comforter.

I felt home already.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Later that night, Frank had went home, and we had boxes lying everywhere.

It was midnight, and Mom was asleep. I didn't start school until Monday - it was Sunday.

I was wearing grey yoga pants, and my black zip up hoodie. I crossed over to the window in my room, and slid it open, wincing when it creaked. Before I stepped onto the fire escape, I spotted an old mask that I had used for a masquerade that my middle school had held, several years ago.

The only reason I kept it was because it was a gift from an old friend-the only friend I had ever had.

The mask was simple, black, and only covered my eyes. I hesitated before grabbing it, and slipping it on.

Then I threw my hood up, and stepped out the window. I looked around, and saw that all the windows were dark, and I was too far up to be noticed by anyone.

I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. "Okay, Rayne," I said to myself. "Just like you practised. No one can see you. You'll do fine. You won't fall."

Then I looked up, and raised my hand, watching as the silvery webbing shot out of my wrist, and latched itself onto the top of the building. Grinning, I began to climb.

-_-_-_-_Peter's POV-_-_-_-_

I was doing my nightly rounds late that night, since it was a Saturday night - Sunday morning, same thing.

I had just landed on an apartment building, when a movement caught my eye. I looked closer, and saw a figure climb out of a window in a black hood.

Examining the building closer, I realized it was another apartment building.

Gwen's apartment building.

I sighed, remembering the promise I had made to her father before he died. Yes, I did think about breaking the promise, but after some thought, I decided against it.

Besides, Gwen had been hanging out with Dash a lot the last couple of weeks. I shook my head, clearing it of all thoughts, and focused on the figure on the fire escape.

The person had been standing there for a few minutes, and I wondered what they could be doing. Then, they slowly raised their hand, and a strand of silver webbing shot out, sticking to the top of the building.

My mouth fell open in shock as the person began to climb, and I had to catch myself before I nearly fell off the building I was standing on.

The person was a good climber, and made it to the roof of the building in no time.

I blinked several times, and finally shot my own web, swinging to the top the same building. I landed softly, behind some old boxes. My spidey senses began to tingle, but I ignored it.

The figure in front of me was obviously a girl. She had long legs, but wasn't the tallest, although definetly not the shortest. The girl suddenly put her hand to the back of her neck, and shivered.

She spun in a full circle, and I ducked back behind the boxes. By the time she had made 360° turn, I was standing in front of her with my arms crossed.

She was wearing a simple black mask, but it just made her blue eyes more stunning. She gasped, stumbling back, aforementioned eyes widening to the size of planets.

"I, um, I mean..." she stuttered, clearly panicked.

I raised an eyebrow that she couldn't see because of my mask. The girl finally shook her head, holding her fingers to her temples.

"You must be Spiderman," she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know a lot's happened in the first chapter, and sorry if you felt like it was crammed together. I'm not sure if I want to post this story on this site just yet. This is a taste. I have more chapters already posted on another website, so updates shouldn't be a problem. If you like it so far, leave a comment, and I'll continue :)

~CreativityFlow