Status: In Progress. Updated every Monday and Thursday.

Make Way for the Spiders

Twelve

-_-_-_-_-PETER'S POV-_-_-_-_-

Without waiting, I swung down to Gwen's window. I pounded on the glass for five minutes before the blonde finally walking over, and let me in.

"Peter," she greeted, clearly shocked.

I swung through the opening, and ripped my mask off, glaring at her. "You warned her about me?" I accused. "What else did you tell her?"

At first, she seemed confused, but quickly composed her features. "I wouldn't say I warned her..." she said. "I just told her how you like to keep secrets."

"Ever since Rayne came here, you've been acting weird." I was pacing the room, still glaring at her. "What is your deal?"

"Deal? I don't have a deal!" she whisper shouted.

"Just leave Rayne alone, alright?!"

"You told her, didn't you?" Gwen smirked. "You told her, and now she hates you."

I glared.

"No, wait." She held up her hand. "You didn't tell her. She found out, didn't she?"

"She wouldn't be so upset if you would've just kept your nose out of this!" I blamed.

"That's what us girls do, okay? If we think a guy's bad news, we let the other know."

"I'm done, okay?" I spat. "I was trying to be nice, but I'm done."

Without another word, I walked to the window.

"So that's it?" Gwen asked.

I stepped out the window, and turned back to face her. "Yeah. It is."

-_-_-_-_-RAYNE'S POV-_-_-_-_-

Chop chop chop.

Stab stab stab.

"Is... everything okay?" Mom asked, closing the door behind her.

I looked up from the fruit that I was brutally murdering, and glared. "I'm fine."

"It doesn't look that way," she observed.

"Well it is that way."

"Hey, don't get snippy with me," Mom said, holding up her hands. "I'm not the one you're angry at... Am I?"

"No," I huffed. "I'm mad at Peter."

"Peter?" she asked. "Why? After that date you went on last night, and the date today-"

"They weren't dates, Mom!" I shouted. "It was just two friends hanging out. And it won't happen again."

Mom was silent for a little bit, and sat her purse down on the chair. "Alright, what happened?" she asked, sitting down.

"Nothing," I said, stabbing an apple.

"Come on, tell me," she sighed.

"Gwen was right," I said softly.

"Gwen? That girl who warned you about Peter?"

I nodded. "He keeps secrets, just like she said."

"Honey, you can't expect him to tell you his entire life's story after only knowing him a week," Mom told me.

"No, but he kept something huge, something I think I had the right to know!" I fought.

"Well, what was this big secret?" Mom asked.

I shook my head, turning away. "Nothing important."

"Nothing important?" Mom scoffed. "Then why is it such a big deal?"

"Mom!" I whined.

There was a knock on the door, and Mom got up to answer it. "Honey, I'm just saying that if you don't think it's important enough to even tell me about it, then it's not worth worrying about."

She opened the door, and Peter stood in the doorway.

"Um... Hi, Ms. Siebert," he said.

"Hello Peter," Mom greeted, smiling. "I told you, call me Cheryl." She glanced at me, then back at Peter. "You know, I think we're low on milk." She grabbed her purse, and walked out the door.

"Mom, wait!" I yelled.

She stopped, and turned back to face me. "Yes, dear?"

"If you're going to act like this, get bread too."

She winked, and walked out the door.

"So, you're going to talk to me?" Peter asked.

I glared. "No. I'm just waiting for Mom to get far enough away so that I can kick you out."

His eyes widened. "Rayne, please," he begged. "Just let me explain."

"Explain what?" I asked, slashing at the strawberries. "How after a week of talking to both Peter and Spiderman, you felt the need to leave that important factor out?"

"Rayne, you're going to cut yourself," he warned, walking over to me.

"No, I'm not," I spat.

"Rayne, I know you're upset-"

"Upset? Peter, I am not upset. I'm furious! And I am- OW!" I hopped around the kitchen, grabbing the closest towel, and putting it to my wound.

"Rayne, are you okay?" Peter asked, rushing over.

"I'm fine," I hissed.

"Rayne, please," Peter sighed, taking my hand, and studying the big gash on my palm. "You know, one good thing about being Spiderman, is that I know a few things about taking care of injuries."

I glared, but didn't try to take my hand away. "I understand why you didn't tell me at first," I said. "But maybe, last night, when you kissed me... That should've been the time to tell me."

Peter stared at me. "Rayne, is this really what this is about? That I didn't tell you who I was after kissing you?"

"It's because you made me think that I almost kissed two different people," I said.

Peter still had my hand in his, and he was washing off the blood in the sink. "Rayne... I'm sorry."

"Why did you want to keep it a secret, anyway?" I asked.

"I was afraid," he admitted. "Gwen knew. And... her dad died because of it."

I looked at him, shocked. "Peter, that couldn't be your fault, and you know it."

He shook his head, and I turned the water off. "Rayne, I didn't tell you because I wanted you to be safe. I promised myself that I would never tell anyone else, ever again."

"Peter, I have the same powers as you. I'm pretty sure that knowing your secret won't put me in any more danger," I told him.

My hand was still gripped mine, and his eyes held mine. "Are you still mad at me?"

I smiled softly, and shook my head.

He smiled too, and cupped my face in his hands. "In that case, I think Peter Parker owes you something." He leaned down, and kissed me.

It was softer than the one from Siderman last night. He seemed almost hesitant, like he was afraid I would reject him.

I smiled, and kissed back. His hands still cupped my face when he pulled away. I blushed, and turned my head, taking a step back.

"So," I said, licking my lips. "Ten o'clock?"

He laughed, and pecked my lips again. "I'll see you then."

I walked him to the door, and as we reached it, Mom walked in.

"Oh, Peter, you're still here," she said, clearly surprised. "To be honest, I kind of expected Rayne to have kicked you out by now."

"Mom," I whined.

Peter laughed. "I expected to be kicked out by now, too."

"So, I guess you two are alright now?" Mom asked. "No more fighting?"

I sighed. "No, Mom, no more fighting."

"Good! Peter, would you like to stay for dinner?" Mom asked.

I internally groaned at her. Jeez, Mom, embarrassing much?

Peter smiled politely, but declined. "Thank you, but my Aunt May is expecting me home soon."

"That's a shame," Mom sighed. "Well, I hope to see you soon!" She walked out of the room, and I huffed.

"I'm sorry about her," I apologized. "Like I said, she's... weird."

Peter smiled. "I don't mind." He leaned down, and kissed me again. "I'll see you later."

I blushed, and nodded.

Later. Ten o'clock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry I didn't update earlier. I'm kind of doing a major homework assignment that's due tomorrow that I just started.
Oops.