Status: In Progress. Updated every Monday and Thursday.

Make Way for the Spiders

Twenty Three

-_-_-_-Rayne's POV-_-_-_-

It took some effort, but we eventually dragged Kim over to the waiting police officers.

"Who's this?" one of them asked. "Where's the blonde chick?"

"This is her," Peter told him.

The guy looked confused, but took her, and handcuffed her.

"Seriously, what am I supposed to tell my parents?" I whispered, as sirens filled the air around us.

Peter shrugged, and flung a web at the nearest building. In a blink of an eye, he was gone, and with one last look at Kim, I followed.

We raced back to my apartment, and after checking to make sure no one was around, we dove through the window. We sighed in relief, as we laid on the floor for a bit, just staring at the ceiling.

"Do you hear that?" Peter suddenly asked, and I propped myself up on my elbows.

There was a rattling noise, and I furrowed my eyebrows, turning to the door. The doorknob was jiggling, and I gasped, throwing Peter's hoodie at him.

I ran to my room, throwing my mask and gloves under my pillow, and grabbing the first pair of sweats and hoodie I found, throwing them on, before running back to the living room, only to see Gwen looking at us with shock.

Peter had his hoodie on backwards, and I had dark purple sweats with a light purple hoodie.

"You two are lucky it was just me," she chuckled, and pulled us both into a hug. "What happened? It was all over the news, but I mean, I didn't see anything. Where's Kim?"

"Prison by now, hopefully," Peter said, pulling away to fix his hoodie.

"What about you?" she asked, turning to me. "You look perfectly fine now, other than a few scratches and bruises. This morning you could barely stand up."

"She poisoned me," I explained. "But I'm fine now, she had the anecdote."

She sighed, and after another hug, she sent to my room to change. When I returned, now wearing a pair of grey sweatpants, Gwen and Peter had the news on. I sat down next to them, and watched as they replayed our fight. I hadn't even noticed the helicopter flying around, but they had captured the whole thing, even Tempest changing to Kim.

"Well, this way, we don't have to worry about explaining this to our families," Gwen shrugged, twirling her hair.

I nodded, as the news reporter came on the screen, and started complaining about all the damage we had caused.

"I hate this guy," Peter groaned. "He always finds something to gripe about."

J. Jonah Jameson flashed at the bottom of the screen, and a picture of Spiderman and Spidergirl claimed our view.

"First the giant lizard, and now the storm freak," J. Jonah complained. "And now Spiderman has a friend. Will this terror ever end?"

"Terror?" I questioned.

"Ignore him," Gwen sighed, standing up. "He spends his life trying to ruin Spiderman. And Spidergirl too, I guess."

"It's basically a fan club, except there's only one guy, and he hates us." Peter shrugged, and Gwen laughed at my expression.

"I've got to go," she announced, standing up. "My mom will be home soon, and she'll be upset that her sister-in-law is a villain and in prison."

I nodded, and stood up to give her a hug. "See you tomorrow," I smiled, walked her to the door. She left, and I went back to sit next to Peter

"How're you feeling?" he asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Tired," I sighed, leaning against him. "I think I could go for a nap."

His chest rumbled as he laughed. "I think so too."

We were silent for a bit, and I ignored the TV running in the background. It wasn't long until I heard Peter lightly snoring, and I looked up, to see him with his head lying back against the sofa. I chuckled, and lightly kissed his cheek. My mom should've been home a while ago, but according to the news, all the roads were still closed down.

Sighing, I nuzzled up closer to Peter, and fell asleep as well.

-_-_-_-_-

I don't know how long I slept, but I know when I woke up, there were loud noises from the kitchen, and I was by myself on the couch.

I sat up groggily, and rubbed my eyes as I looked around.

"Look who's alive," I heard, and turned to see Frank sitting on a chair next to the sofa. The news was still on, showing replays of Tempest, and J. Jonah Jameson or whatever still yelling nonsense.

"Where's Peter?" I yawned.

"What about me?" Mom asked, and I turned to see her covered in flour, and Peter smirking at me. He had pulled up one of the kitchen chairs, and was sitting in the living room as well.

"Are you trying to burn the building down?" I asked my mother, as she chopped vegitables.

She shot me a glare, and I raked my fingers through my hair. "How long was I asleep?"

"A few hours," Peter answered.

"Why did you let me sleep so long?" I asked, tossing a pillow at him, which he easily caught.

"You looked tired," he defended, throwing the pilow back.

"Don't you two have a study date tonight?" Frank asked, and I looked at Peter, confused.

He nodded, and stood up, and I scrambled to put my shoes on.

"Where are we going?" I whispered.

"Get your suit," he whispered back, and grabbed his bag.

I smiled slightly, and went back to my room, grabbing my mask and things, hiding them in my hoodie pocket. When I came back to the living room, Mom was giving Peter a hug.

"Don't be a stranger, alright?" she told him. "Come by again soon."

I blushed as I came up to stand next to them, and Mom gave me a hug as well. "Be careful, alright? With all that's happened today, you want to be careful out there."

"We'll be fine, Mom," I told her, glancing back in the kitchen. "And, um... you might want to turn the stove down a bit."

Her eyes widened when she saw her pot boiling over, and rushed back. Frank laughed, stood up to help.

"The fire department has enough to worry about tonight, Mom," I told her, and Peter dragged me out the door.

"So where are we going?" I asked, as Peter pulled me into the elevator.

"I think we deserve a relaxing walk, don't you?" he asked, pressing the button to the top floor.

"A walk, or a swing?" I laughed, leaning against the wall.

"What's the difference?" he joked, as the elevator dinged, and the doors slid open.

We quickly made our way to the door leading to the roof, and once outside, I leaned over the rail to look down at the city. Red and blue lights were everywhere, and crowds if people flooded the streets.

"Every officer in the city will be focusing on clean up tonight," Peter stated, standing next to me.

"Sounds like a night for thugs," I chuckled.

"It never ends," he sighed.

We smiled at each other a bit, until he leaned in, and pressed his lips against mine. I smiled as I kissed back, and only when a new wave of sirens from below broke out, did we pull away.

I gasped for air, and looked down, seeing a few police cruisers race down the street. "What were you saying, about it never ending?"

He laughed, and pulled his mask from his bag. I pulled my hoodie off, and slipped on my own mask and gloves. When we were both ready, we leaped over the ledge, racing each other and the police cars to the unknown destination.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end! Epilogue is next :)
Sorry for the late chapter :( Honestly, I did not mean to do this. These past couple of weeks have been... stressful. There was a lot of stuff going on, and I just didn't have the heart to do anything for a while. But I'm back, and the epilogue will be posted Thursday :)