Status: Comment, Subscribe, Recommend!

Fatal Attraction

Chapter Ten.

Years. They fly by. They come and go. Three hundred and sixty-five days may seem like a long time but kids are in school for almost half of that. And, the school year seems to fly by as well. It feels like just yesterday was the first day. Now it's New Year's Eve and I can't believe we're heading into 2013.

Since Christmas, I've been trying to teach myself how to ride the beautiful skateboard Tony bought for me. It makes me feel guilty that I hadn't gotten him an actual present. But, after I had opened the present, I went out and spent all my Christmas money on canvas, paint, paintbrushes and other artistic materials. I was going to paint him a portrait maybe; I've been working on it all week. And, he returns today which is amazing.

As I was working on the finishing touches of the painting, my foster father yelled up the stairs for me. He took off today so he could spend time with his "family," although none of us are related to him. He said that somebody was at the door for me, and with my luck, it would probably be Mike. Mike has been close to stalking me this whole Christmas break. I barely give him the time of day anymore because he's just an overly jealous ex.

I placed my paintbrush in the water and covered my paint pallet so the paint wouldn't dry up. It's a major bitch to try and mix two colors to get the exact color you want once you get it perfect. After I was done with that, I wiped my hands on my smock, took it off, and made my way downstairs. We still had yet to take down our tree; they said they always leave it up past New Year's.

I opened the front door to find Tony standing there, leaning on the railing. When he heard the creak of the door open, he looked up and his face bloomed into a glittering smile, "Hey Mayella." Just hearing my name roll off his tongue made my heart flutter in delight. He has this affect on me. I have fully given into my feelings for him at this point. And, if something happens between is romantically, I'll let it happen. I haven't been this happy in a long time. This will be good for me.

"Tony!" I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck, "That skateboard. It's perfect. Thank you so much. I know I tell you everyday but thank you."

Tony chuckled in my ear and wrapped his arms around my waist, "You're welcome, May. Now we can skate together." Together. My heart absolutely melted at that point. I hated feeling this way, like a child, but I have a crush. I can't exactly get over him when he's become my best friend; my only friend.

"Well, I've been skating all week trying to get the hang of it but I can't. I keep falling. I scuffed up my hand," I showed him the scabbed skid marks on the palm of my hand. He hissed as if he were in pain for me.

"You should probably try not to fall. Your injuries will get worse." A hint of a smirk formed on his lips and I pushed him playfully, muttering for him to shut up. "Why don't you get your board and I'll show you a few tricks on how to not fall. Sound good?" He looked at me hopefully.

"Sounds good. Let me just let them know what I'm doing." I walked back into the house, shutting the door behind me. I took the stairs to my bedroom two at a time, rushing about to get the board. I had the canvas pinned to my wall so it would probably dry by the time I got back. However, I didn't know when I would get back. Tony and I had been separated for a week; there's so much to talk about.

I pulled the board out from under my bed and skipped down the stairs, carrying a sweatshirt in one of my arms. "I'm going skating," I announced to my foster parents, who were sitting at the kitchen table simultaneously reading, "I'll be back later."

"Will you be home for dinner?" Foster Mother asked.

"Um, I don't know. I'll let you know." I turned to leave but Foster Father stopped me. He slipped a twenty dollar bill into my hand and smiled, allowing me to leave this time. I curled my fingers tightly around the money, walking outside with it still bunched up. Shutting and locking the door behind me, I discovered that Tony had already begun to skate in the streets. As I shoved the twenty in my pocket, I watched as he effortlessly moved about on the skateboard, flying up and down the street. He knew how to turn perfectly and maneuver about, unlike myself. I looked like an awkward chicken trying to skate.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" Tony shouted from the street. He was standing still on his board, staring at me watching him. I blushed and simply nodded, jogging down the steps of my porch and into the street, placing the board down. "Can you get on without falling now?" He smirked.

I stuck my tongue out and glared, "Yes I can, jerk." I placed my left foot on my board and pushed off with my right, eventually placing both on the board. I slid down the street and made an awkward turn, stopping in front of him.

"Your problem is that you lean too much when you're trying to turn. You're going to push yourself off the board if you keep turn like that. It's a small lean. Let me show you." I let him teach me how to turn more gracefully and even tried out a few tricks, which ended up getting me kicked in the vagina by my board or sent me landing flat on my ass. Tony laughed at me each time but always helped me up or asked me if I were okay.

After a few hours of hopeless practice, we walked to some local fast food place. We ordered and sat at a table, placing the skateboards under the table. "So, how was Los Angeles? Jaime?"

Tony smiled and took a sip of his Coke, "Fun. It was nice to spend a couple days at home with my best friend. Just like old times, you know?" I forced a smile. Old times for me could never happen since my best friend is buried six feet under. But it's a new year, a new life. I didn't want to think of my deceased friend. I just want to spend time in the now with my new beloved... Friend.

"Yeah. Get anything cool for Christmas?" I asked, taking a bite of a fry. It was greasy but so delicious I couldn't help myself to take another bite. Fast food is just so addicting. I don't get how food can be so unhealthy yet so good at the same time.

Tony shrugged and swirled a fry in ketchup, "I got a new guitar. A Gibson SG. Gorgeous guitar. I can't wait to hook it up and play." He lifted his eyes to meet mine, "Would you wanna come see me play?"

I grinned and nodded, "Considering that I had no clue you played guitar, I would love it. Any other hidden talents I don't know about?"

Tony laughed softly under his breath, "Nope. None that I can think of. But enough about me. How have you been? What'd you get for Christmas?"

"Art stuff. I'm in the process of making a huge painting right now," I bit my lip to stop myself from revealing anything else. The painting is for him and I don't want to ruin it. That would suck, for me mostly but him as well.

"Nice. How's it looking?"

"Great so far. I'm really pleased with it. I hope I can paint professionally when I'm older. I'd love that." I took a sip of Dr. Pepper and we both finished our meals. After eating, we skated back to Tony's house. His house is much more homey than mine and I didn't want to ruin the painting if we went back to my place. His parents are much more welcoming than mine had been; mine hated when I brought people home. My foster parents could care less who I bring home. I actually had never brought anyone home before Tony.

Time flies when you listen to somebody play guitar and then jam out to music. Tony and I both love classic rock and modern hardcore music. We listened to everything from Metallica to Asking Alexandria. I stayed for dinner and by the time we were done rocking out, we only had a half hour left of twenty-twelve.

We passed the time talking about the past, what each of us have done on New Year's Eve. Tony's been a little more adventurous than I have when it comes to this particular night. Actually, all I've done on this night is get wasted and pass out. For the past couple of years that is.

"Have you ever been kissed at midnight?" Tony asked suddenly, avoiding my gaze. My mouth opened and closed, and I gulped nervously. I had never been kissed at midnight. Maybe tonight was a game changer?

"Um, no," I laughed bashfully, "I haven't. Why?"

"Well," Tony looked at the clock. Eleven fifty-eight. Two minutes until the new year, "I'd like to be your first." I had to laugh inwardly at that. There was no way Tony was going to be my first anything. I had been a bit of a slut before all these tragedies happened. Then my view of life changed and I didn't want to whore myself out anymore.

"I-" Before I could say anything, Tony's lips were on mine. I could hear his parents cheering downstairs for the New Year, clanging beers together no doubt. Upstairs, cheers inside my head were going on. Fireworks exploded in my heart and I wrapped my arms around his neck, drawing him closer, letting his lips mold around mine. He tentatively touched my hips, luring me into his lap.

Our lips moved in sync, soft and gentle in the process. Tongues danced between mouths; this was probably the best kiss I've ever experienced and I couldn't think of a better person to share it with. I tangled my fingers in his dark brunette hair, letting my tongue explore the depths of his mouth. His hands moved all over my hips and lower back. It felt as if he'd never touched a girl before but I know from stories that he has.

Finally, after a minute, we pulled away from each other. We were both panting from the heated exchange. Our bodies were still against each other. We smiled at each other and I laid my head on his shoulder, letting him wrap his arms around me, holding me. We fell asleep on his bed just like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been almost a month since I updated! I'm so sorry. But I guarantee I'll start updating more since there only ten (really eleven) chapters left of this story! I'm ready for you guys to know what I have planned. The ending is HUGE! You'll think it's a bit overdramatic, but oh well. There is actually a little bit of a foreshadow in this chapter. You'll never spot it it, but if you do, props to you!

Also, I just want to welcome new subscribers! I think I gained twenty. TWENTY! And all because of THIS article. I would like to thank mibba for recommending my story in that article, it really made my day yesterday so much better when I found out about it. Normally I don't read the magazine but I definitely will now!

AshlynnTheRevLover,
LucyTheLion,
WakeMeUpWhenIt'sOver,
mitchiebarakitty,
Otherside


Don't be a silent reader! Comment, Subscribe, Recommend!