Status: Comment, Subscribe, Recommend!

Fatal Attraction

Chapter One.

Lunch. The only time in a school day where students can freely socialize and not be punished for it. Although, lunch is also the time where the cliques of school become prominent. You can see who's popular and who's not, depending on how many people sit at a table. If the table is overflowing, then you're popular. If your table has less than six or seven people sitting there, you're pretty much a loser. This isn't always true, but most of the time it is.

I sit by myself at the table closest to the cafeteria door. I like to bolt out of the cafeteria so I don't have to be victimized by any slut who comes my way. Not that I care, but it gets annoying after a while. It's not like I can hear them teasing me, anyways. My music pounds my eardrums, giving them a true beating. When I walk through the halls, you can hear the music blast from the small buds from three feet away.

Personally, I like to listen to classic rock, for example, ACDC and Led Zepplin, but I do like post hardcore music as well. A little Avenged Sevenfold and Asking Alexandria, mixed with Motionless in White. Yeah, that's my scene right there. I know this sounds totally thirteen year old girlish of me, but I'd give my everything to see those men in person, to have them sweat on me, hold my hand, sing to me. Yeah, that'd be nice. A girl can dream, can't she?

Back to lunch. At lunch time, I barely eat. Most of the time when I eat, it'll be a small salad or a bagel with some coffee. Coffee is the only thing that keeps me powered through out the day. I can't function without it. When people say they're addicted to coffee, they mean it. Like Gerard Way. He knows how to live, being addicted to coffee instead of cigarettes. Mmm.

Besides eating little at lunch, I'm that typical "goth" kid. I like to write and draw. People say that I'm amazing, but I don't see it. I don't like to praise myself because that boosts self esteem. You have to be critical about yourself. You never really know when people are bullshitting you or not, so you have to bullshit yourself. Deep down inside I know I'm good, but I can't let that show on the outside. People get on your shit if you're too confident.

While I was engrossed in my writing, not paying any attention to my half eaten salad, I felt the table shake. My hair was spilt across my notebook, and I had to peer through my hair to see that there was a boy sitting next to me. The same boy from before. The boy who was behind me at my locker. Suddenly, I was hyper aware of what I was doing and I covered my notebook with both of my arms, after ripping my ear buds out.

"What're you doing?" I asked, my voice low. It was somewhat manly, unfortunately. My parents hadn't graced me with a gorgeous female voice. I guess my genes were dipped in testosterone or something.

"Sitting?" Stranger said in a questioning tone, "Is that okay?"

"Nobody ever sits with me." I said quietly and shut my notebook. I took a sip of coffee, letting the now lukewarm liquid trickle down my throat like a waterfall. It warmed my insides just a bit. I suddenly felt at ease again. Coffee really soothes the soul.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Nobody ever sat with me at my old school, either." Stranger said and picked at his lunch. He was awkward, and spoke in a low voice. He looked uncomfortable, although his eyes were pleading. He wanted a friend. He chose the wrong person. But he didn't have to know that. Not yet that is.

"You didn't have friends?"

"I had one, but he was in a different lunch period."

"Oh." I picked at my salad, "What's your name?"

Stranger opened his mouth to introduce himself, but coming straight towards us was Stephanie Jenkins, waving her hand above her head like a lunatic. She was shrieking "TON-EEEEEEE!" over and over again. Kind of like a dying hyena mixed with a wild boar.

She finally reached us and wrapped her fingers around stranger's arm. Her smile was sickening, it was so fake. She tugged on his lanky arm with vengeance, "Come on, Tony. You don't want to sit with... her. She's an orphan." Her face contorted evilly when she glanced my way but was back to her fake self as she managed to pull Tony from the seat. She dragged him away.

"Nice to meet you, Tony!" I said to him as he was being pulled away from me. He looked upset that he was being dragged away, being claimed by vultures. He nodded solemnly in my direction. I noted that he didn't have my name. Most people didn't want my name anyways.

I flipped open my notebook to a clean page and clicked my pen open. I touched the pen to paper:
Tony.
The boy who was a loner at his old school.
The boy who seemed to want something to do with me.
And for that,
I question why.


Short and stupid, just the way I like my poems to be. The moment that my pen left the paper, I could hear girls cackling to my right. I glanced out of the corner of my eye, to see Stephanie laughing about to Tony. He looked bored and uninterested. Our eyes met. His eyes smiled, a smile filled with pain. I lifted the corner of my mouth in a half smile and stood up, dumping my salad into the garbage.

I gathered my things and left the lunch room. The library seemed a much better place to be at this moment in time. I wouldn't pass that up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really into this. More coming soon :)
Comment, subscribe and recommend to help motivate me!
I promise that the rest of Pierce the Veil will be involved soon, and just an FYI, that friend at Tony's old school is Jaime :)

Commenters:
Ahoyjilly,
A_Bella,
kaydayparade912,
missdemeanorluv,
WhiskeyPrincess

Thanks for the comments :)