The Holy Accused

Missionary

Thoughts that seem to have always burned in the back of my head drag themselves back and forth in my mind, threatening to instigate a waterfall of tears. These are the things that I have never told anyone and probably never will. If I were to try……no, I never will.
“Hello? Anyone here?” shouts a voice at the door of the arena. They don’t see me lying in the middle of the stadium and surely can’t hear me breathing, even when they don’t talk and wait silently. I’m probably not who they’re looking for in here; should I still say something?
“I was found by those who were not looking for me, I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.”
“Hi,” I say loudly, pushing myself off the floor and walking to where I could see a woman at the entrance, wearing a long black dress and holding a book; a Bible if I’m not mistaken.
“Oh, hi. I was beginning to think nobody was here yet. I guess I came pretty early,” she said, modestly laughing it off.
“Are you looking for someone?” I ask.
“You could say that. Are you staying to watch later?” she asks.
“You could say that. And who are you looking for? I could help you find them,” I say.
“Well, if you know where any of the fighters are or when they’ll be here that would be a great help. I came to tell them about Jesus and give them Bibles,” she says. Her smile is humble and every word she says feels like it’s directed toward making me feel comfortable. None of her words put any effort into raising herself up. Maybe that’s why I feel so relaxed the more she talks.
“Do you think God will forgive them?” I ask. It feels so good to say one of the questions that I’ve been asking myself for so long. Based on the growth of her eyes and smile, I think she’s just as glad to hear and answer my question as I am to ask it.
“I believe that God can forgive anyone’s sin, when they believe, repent and turn from their ways,” she says.
“What if they can’t… turn from their ways” I ask. She looks puzzled, so I add, “Like, they are being forced to fight.”
“Oh, well, in that case God will make a way for them to escape. He provides for his children no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
not finished