I Hope He Is A Gentleman

Chapter 13

Again, my nap felt like it was a week long event. When I woke up, my head felt heavy and my neck was sore, the pain extending all the way down my back. I was alone on the couch, but Geno had draped two more blankets on top of me. It felt like I had to push a brick wall off of me just to stand up. One of the blankets looked like it had been hand knit. I grabbed that one and wrapped it around myself, letting the end drag on the floor behind me.

My hair must have been all over the place, but as I walked slowly towards the kitchen, I really didn't care. I wanted a glass of water more than I could describe. Again, Geno was sitting on his computer at the table, and he stood up quickly when I reached the center of the kitchen. "Feel better yet?" He asked, and I just shook my head. He approached me slowly, cautiously, as if I might run away -- right. Run away in my socks and knit blanket.

When he was only a step away from me, I threw all caution to the wind and stepped into his chest. I just wanted to be held, to have someone rub my back and get me a damn glass of water. Geno didn't jump back like I thought he might, instead he seemed to, for once, get the hint, and he wrapped his arms protectively around me and pulled me in closer. His body, even covered by his t-shirt and sweatpants, was warm. And just what I needed. "You feel better soon," he whispered, and I nodded. I believed him, I really did, but it was one of those moments where the light at the end of the tunnel couldn't come soon enough.

When Geno finally let me out of his embrace, he reached forward to adjust the blanket on my shoulders. "Water?" I asked in Russian, a pathetic attempt to at least try and speak the language. He nodded immediately and began filling a class with ice and water. I finished it in a matter of seconds after he handed it to me, and Geno filled it back to the brim. I went slower with the second glass.

"Are you hungry yet? I can order in dinner." The mere thought of food made me want to vomit again, and I think Geno could tell. "You need to eat something. If I order Chinese, will you eat the rice?"

"Yes," I said, hugging the blanket tighter around me. Geno nodded and opened a drawer at the end of the counter that I noticed was full of takeout menus. As he began scanning through a couple different options, I made my way back to the living room. I wrapped myself up with the other two blankets and turned the TV on. Lying down on the sofa, I managed to turn to channel as far as Animal Planet before falling asleep for the third time in Geno's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so late/short -- I just finished my finals and am free for the summer! Updates are going to be more frequent and, obviously, better quality, I just wanted to get back into the swing of things. Lemme know what you're thinking!!