A Fragile Doll

A Perfect Night

Chapter 6

Tyler’s POV:

“What’s going on?” Riley asked me as soon as I opened my front door.

“Hey to you too” I opened the door to let her in.

“Oh hey Tyler!” she said sarcastically.

“If you weren’t my best friend, I’d hate you with a passion. I don’t know what’s wrong I was just told to call you over” I walked to the couch and sat down as she made herself towards my kitchen and got a drink out of the fridge.

“Yea and what makes you think I would like you any better if you weren’t my best friend?” she sat down next to me as the front door swung open. We both looked towards the door to see April walking in with Steven. I really didn’t like this dude and I had a feeling I was gonna have deal with him whether I like it or not.

“Hey you guys” April said as the both of them sat down together on the loveseat.

“So what’s so important you had to tell us?” I crossed my legs observing her features. She looked like she had been crying for hours.

“You guys already know about the whole issue that happened a few weeks ago right?” Riley and I both nodded our heads indicating her to continue. She took in a deep breath before saying what she was going to say.

“Well I just found out that I had a miscarriage…” she said with tears in her eyes. I was shocked; April was pregnant?

“You were pregnant and you didn’t tell us?! What the hell April!” Riley said jumping up in her seat with her eyes wide.

“How was I gonna tell you when I didn’t even know myself?! I just found out today!” tears were now streaming down her face as Steven held her close.

“Hey it’s ok, just calm down ok? Everything is ok now, you don’t have to worry about anything anymore; it’s all over” I walked up to her kneeling down as she jumped into my arms for a hug. I let her cry on my shoulder until she calmed down and sat back down with Steven.

“Tyler I want to apologize for my stupidity the other day. I shouldn’t have punched you without knowing what was going on, I just feel really protective over April. I’m really sorry man” Steven looked up and me with sorrowful eyes.

“That makes the two of us; you’re not the only one who is protective over her. She’s like my little sister I never had. Apology accepted but that doesn’t mean I like you.” I got up and walked to the kitchen to get April some water.

“I get it man, I just wanted to let you know I was sorry.” I didn’t say anything back to him but handed April a glass of water.

“Well we should probably head out now” April got up to give me and Riley both a hug as she walked out the door with Steven. I turned around and saw Riley walking out of my kitchen with a monster in her hand.

“Nu uh! That’s my last one!” I said tackling her to the ground.

April’s POV:

Telling my best friends about what happened wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be; they took it better than I thought they would. I was holding in my tears for now until I got home; that’s when they would all fall out.

“You ok?” I turned my head to see Steven looking at me with worried eyes. I just smiled at him and nodded my head.

“Uhm Steven, I think I left my spare key at your house” I looked at him as he turned back to go to his house.

“It’s on the dressing table in the room I stayed in that night” he nodded his head as he got out of the car and ran inside. A few minutes passed by and I saw Steven walking out carrying Kaylee and Amy right behind him. He locked the house and said his goodbyes before walking back towards his car.

“Here you go” he handed me my keys and put Kaylee in her car seat in the back.

“Sorry I couldn’t leave her here alone and Amy has to go soon.” He sat down at the driver’s side and started the car.

“Please she’s not a problem. She’s growing on me” I rolled my eyes and looked back at the adorable little girl.

“Why don’t you guys come inside for a while; looks like my mom isn’t home once again.” I got out of the car and slowly walked to my front door. I smiled to myself when I head his car door open and get Kaylee out before following behind me. We all walked inside to the familiar vanilla scent of my house and I turned on the light switch.

“Would you like some coffee? Because I know that if I don’t have any I’m going to die” I said walking to the kitchen getting ready to make myself. He laid a sleeping Kaylee down on the couch before walking into the kitchen with me.

“Yes, please” he whispered into my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I got the shivers and felt really nervous all of a sudden; the good kind of nervous. He put his head on my shoulder as I continued making the coffee without knocking anything over. I never felt like this towards a guy before. I’ve had many boyfriends in the past and I usually only got butterflies, but I couldn’t really explain how I felt everything I was with Steven. I knew I was gonna regret this later because of his ‘bad boy’ status around school.

“Here” I turned around and handed him his cup of coffee. Our eyes met and we stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. Kaylee’s crying finally broke our gaze and he walked outside to see that she had woken up from the sound of thunder. I looked outside and it was pouring rain and sleet along with the really loud thunder. How did it go from no rain at all a few minutes ago to this? Damn Mother Nature.

“We should probably head back before it even gets wore” Steven picked up Kaylee and put his coffee back down.

“No you can’t leave with the weather being so bad. My mom won’t be home tonight so you can just stay at my place and leave in the morning” I said looking at him with a worried expression. There was no way I was going to let him go outside in this weather; especially with Kaylee.

“Well if you insist” he said with a smirk on his face. He sat back down and picked up his cup of coffee and started drinking it.

“Holy shit!” he spat the coffee out of his mouth and his face was just priceless.

“It’s kind of hot” I busted out laughing as he attempted on giving me a threatening glare. He soon enough joined in on the laughing and we just couldn’t stop. Wow. I haven’t laughed this much in….a while.

“Tired” Kaylee put her arms up wanting to be picked up as I picked her up and placed her on my lap. She cuddled up against me and before I knew it she was fast asleep.

“Do you have any blankets? I don’t want her sleeping on the couch and then rolling over and falling off” He said smiling at me. I told him upstairs in the closet that was in between my room and the bathroom. He ran up the stairs skipping like three or four at a time and was back down in seconds. He carefully laid the blankets out on the floor and picked Kaylee up and laid her back down. He was so gentle with her and that’s one of the many things about him that I found very attractive. I turned the TV on in time to see Chernobyl Diaries on. I’ve never seen it before but I knew that Jesse McCartney was in it so I left it. I was going to regret watching a horror movie late at night.
“You like horror movies” I got a weird look from Steven.

“Nope, I just love Jesse McCartney” I stuck my tongue out at him and got comfortable.

“NO! JESSE!” I screamed when I realized that he was dead in the movie. Steven looked at me funny and started laughing at my reaction. I threw a pillow at his face and told him to shut up and watch the movie. The movie was starting to get really intense and even though it wasn’t really scary I jumped at the smallest things. At the end of the movie I realized I was hiding my face in Steven’s chest as he held me close protectively.

“It’s over” he looked down at me and moved a strand of hair away from my face. I looked up at him embarrassed and looked away.

“Let’s watch something not so scary” I got up and changed the channel to Spongebob.

“There this sounds good” I said getting all comfy again. I fell asleep not even a hour later.

Steven’s POV:

April fell asleep on my chest again and I just watched her sleep; as creepy as that sounds. Everything about this girl is beautiful. She made me feel like no other girl before and that’s saying something because I’ve been with multiple girls in my life. I looked down at Kaylee to see her fast asleep and knew she wasn’t gonna wake up anytime soon. I picked April up bridal style and carried her up the stairs to her room. Once we got to her room I laid her down on the bed covering her up with a blanket. I kissed her forehead and was about to walk back downstairs when I felt her tugging on my hand.

“Stay” she said pulling me back onto the bed and moving over. I smiled at her and laid down next to her as she used me as her pillow once again. I laid there with her for about an hour before she woke up from thunder crackling. I find it funny how my baby sister sleeps through it but she still wakes up terrified.

“Hey it’s ok” I said stroking her back as she jumped up holding onto me tight.

“I-I’m sorry…” she looked away embarrassed and moved away from me.

“It’s ok. I’m not gonna let anything happen to you” I looked into her beautiful eyes as moved closer to me wrapping her arms around my waist.

“Why do you do that?” she looked up into my eyes questionably.

“Do what?” I looked back down at her with confusion written all over my face.

“Make me feel like this? I’ve dated many guys in the past and I’ve never felt like that towards anyone. Yet I’m not even dating you and I don’t even know how you feel towards me. I feel safe when I’m with you; like no one can touch me. You make me feel all nervous and give me these tingly feelings. I don’t even know why I’m telling you this. I probably wouldn’t have the guts to tell you any of this if I wasn’t half asleep. I’m falling for you Steven, and I’m scared.” Her brown eyes were gazing into mine.

“April, you have no idea how you make me feel. I’ve always been known as the boy who played with girls hearts; the player. Ever since I’ve met you I haven’t been able to keep myself away from you; and it kills me when I don’t see your gorgeous face for a day. I don’t know why I feel this way but I do.” I leaned into her with our foreheads touching.

April’s POV:

What Steven just said to me was unbelievable. I didn’t think that he felt the same way about me and at this moment my heart was racing so fast I thought it was going to pop out of my chest. Our foreheads were touching and his lips were so close to mine. He gave in and kissed me gently while his arms were around my waist holding me protectively. I kissed him back without hesitating as I made my hand up towards his hair while I played with his soft hair. The kiss got more intense as he licked the bottom of my lip asking for entrance. I gave him full access to my mouth as we both explored each other passionately. He picked me up and laid me down on my back as he was on top of me not losing contact with my lips. I tugged on his shirt and pulled it over him exposing his toned abs and beautiful tanned skin. He continued kissing me while there was no space in between us whatsoever. He tugged on my shirt pulling it over my head leaving me in my pink leopard print bra.
He started kissing my neck as he undid my bra and threw it across the room. He cupped my breasts as he was started grinding against me. He undid the button on my jeans and took them off throwing them across the room. He put his hand in my pink panties as he gently rubbed me down there and started sucking on my breasts. I was speechless not knowing what else to say but to just moan. I let out little moans and tugged on his hair making his let out a small moan.

“Are you sure?” he looked down at me asking me before taking off his pants. I nodded my head indicating a yes; words not being able to leave my mouth. He stripped off his pants and his boxers and threw them across the room with the rest of our clothes. He was so gentle with me, so protective over me; I felt safe and protected. It was a perfect moment; one I wouldn’t change anything for.

I woke up and spread my arm across the bed only to hit someone in the face. I turned around to see Steven fast asleep not moving at all. Jeez he was a deep sleeper. I smiled to myself as I quietly got up and walked into my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before walking back out in my room. He was still sleeping?! Jeez! I looked at the clock and it was 8:45 a.m. I walked up to my desk and found a black sharpie. I grinned to myself as I walked towards my bed and sitting on top of Steven making sure he wouldn’t wake up. Opening up the sharpie I drew a fairly well mustache and uni-brows. I took my phone and snapped a picture real quick before getting off him and walking down the stairs.

“Hi!” Kaylee screeched in her high pitched voice. I walked downstairs to the living room to see her sitting up and playing with Steven’s phone.

“Good morning darling. Whatchu got there?” I asked sitting down next to her. She handed me the phone she had in her hand and giggled.

“Did you call all these people and talk to them?” my eyes flew open wide as I scrolled through all the calls she made within the past thirty minutes.

“Yep! And look at the pictures I took!” she said all excitedly. I smiled at her and opened up the pictures on Steven’s phone and started scrolling through them seeing various selfies of Kaylee. This girl was way too smart and cute. I continued scrolling through Steven’s pictures and smiled to myself. I saw a picture of Steven with a blonde girl but before I could look at anymore I got distracted.

“YOU’RE DEAD SMITH!” I looked up the stairs to see a very grumpy Steven walking down. I dropped his phone and got up backing away.

“Get back here!” he said running after me. I laughed and ran as he chased me around the house. I tripped over my own feet and fell on my back with Steven following my actions and collapsing on top of me.

“You think this is funny don’t you?” he said looking at me and poking my sides.

“Maybe…” I said giggling and looking at his face which still had my beautiful art work all over it.

“Hmm, maybe this is a good look for me.” he said coming close to me with his lips just inches away from mine. Right when I thought he was gonna kiss me he picked me up and started running towards the living room.

“Put me down!” I screamed punching his back. This moment really couldn’t get any more perfect. I had a bad feeling in my gut though; every time I’m happy something bad always happens.