‹ Prequel: Twisted Fate
Status: Not edited either sorry guys.

Twisted Fate 1.5

Chapter Five

1 Year Later

Serenity’s POV:

It’s been exactly one year since the kids were kidnapped and brought here and I have done everything in my power to keep them safe. Balthazar hasn’t hurt them like I thought he would but I think it has more to do with Amara sticking up for the kids and taking the hits. My poor baby has had bruises every night and not to mention my punishment for accepting Sophia without his approval first. I look at the children and smile they will be saved tonight.

I have been spending the last six months helping Aria and her family, plan their rescue mission. The first six months we couldn’t communicate without suspicion and every time we tried it got intercepted by Balthazar and his men, but thankfully since we never used names they couldn’t figure out who the messages were for. Now that we have a plan I just hope to get the children out safely. I asked Aria to take in Sophia and they agreed when I said she might turn out to be Jeremiah’s mate. I wish I could get all the kids out I really want a different life for Amara, Jacob, and Jason as well.
Sighing I look at the clock and notice it is 5 minutes until show time.

Aria’s POV:

It’s been exactly one year since Balthazar took my babies but tonight we are getting them back. The first six months was hell we couldn’t get one word into Serenity but once we did she assured us that the kids were safe. I thank god every day that she had been there to look after them.

“Hey Aria are you ready to go” Conner asks walking into the office.

“Yeah I want to go over the plan with everyone one more time before we leave” I say and he nods going to get the others. On this mission it will be me, Alex, Xavier, Conner, Max, Cole, Sam, Carter, Seth, Chad, and Chase. The others will be at home taking care of everything and keeping in contact with us and our insiders at all times. We thought it was best if not everyone were in on the mission because people would think something was going on. Which it is but you know what I mean.

“Okay so what is the final game plan” Carter asks sitting down and looking at me.

“Serenity will meet us to let us in through a secret corridor she found and then we take out people in our way quietly not to announce our presence to people. Once inside we wait till Serenity has Balthazar in her room” I say with a shudder, “and then we make our way to the kid’s room. It should be simple enough we just need to be silent” I finish.

“Sounds good” Cole says standing.

“Good then let’s get a move on” I say and we all walk out of the office and say our goodbye’s before leaving.

(Somewhere in the deep dark woods in Canada)

“It would be so much easier if we could shift” Chad complained.

“Yeah but that would give us away” Chase snaps at him.

“Guys shut up” I say just as the secret door opens and there stands Serenity.

“Aria” she whispers and I step into the dim light.

“Oh god Serenity, are you okay” I ask looking her over to see her bruises.

“I’m fine your children are really happy to be seeing you soon” she whispers and beckons us to follow her. As we slip into the secret passage we notice she turns down a different hallway.

“I thought we were going through the main house” I ask her.

“You were but I found this passage and it goes straight into the room the kids are in” she whispers and opens the door into the room.

“Mommy” my boys whisper cry as they jump into my arms and I see the others grabbing their kids. Four arms wrap around me and my boys as Alex and Xavier pull us into their arms.

“So you don’t need to take Balthazar into your room now we can just leave and you will be safe” I whisper to her and she gives me a sad smile.

“Sophia you are going to go with them okay” she says picking up a cute little girl and handing her to Sam.

“Mommy we can’t leave Amara and Jason and Jacob” Julian cries.

“You have to sweetie” Serenity smiles at him, “you will see each other again” she assures him.

Turning to the other three children in the room she opens her arms to them and they hug her. “This is my daughter Amara and her half-brothers Jacob and Jason” she says holding the three kids. “Jacob is Balthazar and Tiffany’s son while Jason is Balthazar and Victoria’s son” she says.

“Why aren’t they with Victoria and Tiffany then” Chase questions.

“Because our mommies don’t want us because we are boys they wanted girl’s like Amara because Balthazar wanted girls” Jason spits.

“Jason” Serenity scolds him.

“Sorry momma” he says hugging her.

“I knew Victoria and Tiffany were bitches but I didn’t know they were this heartless” I say looking at the boys.

“We can take the boys” Carter says out of the blue.

“No we won’t leave Amara” Jacob jumps up grabbing the little girl who has been really quiet this whole time. Jason gets up and joins his brother hugging their sister. Before anyone can say anything there are footsteps coming toward the room. Serenity rushes us into the secret passage way leaving it open a crack so we can watch our children. Just as they are all settled on the floor the door opens and it is Balthazar. He looks at the kids and quickly walks over to Crystal and Sophia but Amara jumps in front of them and growls. Balthazar laughs and smacks her hard sending her flying back into the wall. All the boys jump up and surround the girls while Julian and Cain hold Amara. Serenity then jumps up pleading with Balthazar. He quickly grabs her by the hair and drags her out of the room.

“Mommy” Amara screams and runs to the door only to have Jacob and Jason stop her and hold her. Opening the door we each grab our kids pulling them into our embraces again. After a few minutes Amara looks at us. “You should go now he will be busy for a while so it’s safe” she whispers.

“How old are you darling” I ask.

“I’m 3” she says.

“Why don’t you come with us and your brothers too” Carter asks her.

“I can’t leave my mommy and daddy will hurt her if I leave” she whispers again as tears pour down her face.

“And we won’t leave Amara alone” Jason says as he and Jacob stand beside her.

“Okay but if you ever need us find us okay” I say writing down our phone number and address and placing it inside a small pouch I found on the floor. They all nod their heads and Jason takes the pouch putting it in another bag. Looking at him questioningly he replies “it’s one of our ready bags in case we need to leave fast we have bags already ready” he explains.

“Smart” Chad says.

“Momma made us do it” Jacob says.

“Okay well we are going to go now but if you ever need us please find us” Alex says and again they nod. Leaving those three little angels makes my heart break.

“I can’t believe we have to leave them” I whisper and Xavier pulls me to him as we exit the secret passage and make our way back to civilization.

Amara’s POV:

(3 hours later)

“Mommy are you ok” I ask my mommy when she comes back into the room.

“I’m okay sweetie, are they gone” she asks talking about the others.

“Yeah momma they left a long time ago” Jason tells her.

“Good” she whispers with a small smile.

“Serenity where are you” my dad calls out just before opening the door to the room. Looking around he notices the other kids missing and his face is the angriest I’ve ever seen. Mommy jumps in front of us and Jason and Jacob hold me in between them. “Where are the other kids Serenity?”

“They were taken” mommy says. Not saying anything else daddy grabs mommy by the hair and drags her out of the room. I pull away from my brothers and run after my mommy. I hear her crying and as I reach the top of the stairs I see him beating her. I go to run downstairs but my brothers hold me back. All three of us focus back on my mom and dad just as he delivers the final blow causing her head to snap to the side and hit the banister and then fall to the floor hitting her head again.

“She’s dead Balthazar” one of my dad’s friends says.

“No mommy” I scream making their heads snap up to look at us. Not waiting for them my brother’s grab me and drag me back to our room slamming the door behind us.

“Come on Amara we have to go. Grab your bag that momma packed us so we can get out of here” Jacob says grabbing his bag. Not having to be told twice I grab my bag and follow my brothers to the secret passage. Just as the door closes the room door is thrown open and we can hear our father yelling for us and for people to find us. Not taking any chances we run through the passage and out into the woods.

After running for probably 3 hours we find a little cave and take shelter there carefully covering our tracks and scents. I sit up against the wall and finally I cry. I cry for my mom and for the others.

“Hey Sis it’ll be okay we won’t leave you the three of us together forever” Jacob says as he and Jason come and all three of us cuddle together. Together forever just us three is the last thought I have before I fall asleep sandwiched in the middle of my brothers, my only family.