Status: updates will be slow, don't say i didn't warn you xoxo

High Tide

what happens in vegas

“Holy fucking shit,” Kelly said as she stood in the doorway of her hotel room. The band had just arrived in Las Vegas. They had big plans for their few days off before playing the Vegas date of the Warped tour, and it was sure to be a weekend they’d easily forget (if they did it right).

“Impressive, huh?” Kelly turned to look at Jona, who had joined her in the doorway.

“Is this real life?” Kelly asked, staring around the room, her eyes wide.

“Certainly is. And it gets better,” he said.

“I can’t see how,” Kelly said.

“We’re roomies!” Jona exclaimed, dumping his bag inside the room, just beside the door. “Shotgun the bed by the window.”

“Oh hell no,” Kelly said. “That bed is mine.” She looked at him with narrowed eyes and he stared back at her with a look of determination on his face. Without even speaking, both knew what the other was thinking. They both took off at a breakneck speed for the bed by the window, Kelly reaching it moments before Jona and launching herself into the huge pile of pillows stacked up against the headboard. Jona tripped up on the rug next to the bed and fell on top of her, laughing as they crashed into each other.

“I win,” Kelly laughed, shoving him off her. He got up and retrieved his bag from beside the door, putting it on top of the other bed in the room, before unzipping it to change into a dress shirt, choosing to leave his skinny jeans on. Kelly caught herself staring at his shirtless torso as he changed and forced herself to look away, knowing that being attracted to him was only going to get her into trouble. But she couldn’t help how she felt, right? She needed to talk to Becca.

Jona turned to face Kelly, doing up the buttons on his shirt. “C’mon Kel, you need to get ready. We have to meet everyone else in like fifteen minutes.”

“But I haven’t even decided what to wear yet…” she trailed off, a slow smile spreading across her face.

“Good God, let me choose for you or we’ll be here all night.” Before she could protest, he unzipped her bag and emptied its’ contents on the bed. After throwing a few things around, he retrieved a pair of wet look black leggings, a white crop top and a denim jacket from the pile of clothes, throwing them towards Kelly.

“Jona?” She asked him with a puzzled look, glancing at the clothes he’d picked out for her.

“Yeah?”

“Are you sure you’re not gay?”

Jona snorted in laughter. “I’m positive.”

“Seriously, this outfit is great. How…”

“Becca drags me on shopping trips all the time. I notice things occasionally,” Jona cut her off, a smug look on his face. Kelly rolled her eyes at him before heading into the bathroom to change. She’d only just started on her makeup after finishing curling her hair before she heard Jona pounding on the bathroom door with his fists.

“Kel, are you almost done? We’re gonna be late.”

Kelly reached out behind her to open the bathroom door. Jona walked in and she looked at him behind her in the mirror. He had his arms crossed over his chest and did not look impressed.

“I just have to do my makeup and then we can go,” she said, focusing on getting her winged eyeliner right.

“Well, hurry up,” Jona said.

“I’ll just have eye makeup then,” she said, striking up a compromise with the impatient guitarist. She finished a few moments later and turned to face Jona, who pointedly looked her up and down, a small smile on his lips. Kelly smirked and pushed past him to grab her boots and a little black bowler hat to complete her outfit.

“Should I wear a tie?” Jona asked her, holding up a black skinny tie.

“You can’t even put one on properly,” she said with a smirk. “Here, give me the thing.” She looped it around his neck, lifting up his shirt collar. She tied it correctly and smoothed down his collar over it, smiling at her handiwork. He couldn’t help but stare at her. She really did look stunning.

“You look amazing,” Jona said quietly, playfully tilting her hat to the side a bit. Kelly scrunched up her nose and smiled, shoving his chest lightly.

“C’mon loser, lets party.”

*

Matt Nicholls was already completely pissed, and they hadn’t even made it to the club yet. The others laughed and jeered at him as he walked awkwardly in front of his friends. Oli yelled at him that he was going the wrong way as they all turned whilst the drummer kept strutting forwards. He drunkenly turned on one foot and stumbled to the ground, giggling as he pulled himself back up. Jona threw his arm around his friend and steadied him, laughing as he did so.

“Man, this is the Pickles I remember!” He said, using Matt’s nickname and causing everyone to laugh.

“I’m bein’ right reckless,” Matt said.

“It’s fantastic,” Kelly said.

“Tonight is going to be fantastic, if Pickles is any indicator,” Oli said. Vegan shook his head and laughed.

“We’re here,” he said, leading the way into the club. The security guard took one look at Oli and immediately let them in. They made their way to the VIP area and sat down as drinks were brought over to them, starting with tequila shots.

“Here’s to a great night,” Oli said, raising his glass. Everybody else did the same, before downing the shots quickly.

Just 2 hours later, everyone was in a messy state, scattered about the dance floor. Kelly was getting strangers to buy her drinks with no trouble at all, and presently held one glass in each hand as she moved across the dance floor. She usually wasn’t into club or dance music, but she was too drunk and having too much fun to care. This was the atmosphere she loved. Oli stepped up into the DJ booth for his guest set as Matt found Kelly on the dance floor, bottle in hand.

“May I have this dance?” he asked her with a little giggle. Kelly smiled and nodded, breaking out into an awkward-looking sort of side-to-side dance. Usually, she was a fantastic dancer, but she’d consumed so much alcohol by this point that she could barely control herself. Matt was shaking his head and jumping up and down in the weirdest way, looking like he was being possessed and not actually dancing. He stopped and motioned for Kelly to get onto his shoulders and she did so, screaming at the top of her lungs as the loud music of the club moved through her in waves, the neon lights making her vision appear even more blurred.

After the song that was playing had ended, Kelly got down off Matt’s shoulders and they both headed towards the bar for another drink. Before they knew it, they were both standing on the bar dancing, the both of them giggling like school children the entire time. People had crowded around the bar to watch them, laughing and cheering them on as they continued to dance. Jona made his way to the bar to see what all the commotion was about, and at the sight of Kelly, almost spat out his drink in laughter. He pushed through the rather sizable crowd around the bar just in time to catch Kelly in his arms as she fell of the edge of the bar.

She giggled and poked his nose.

“I think it’s time we got out of here,” Jona said, smiling at his drunk best friend. “I’ll find the others. Do you think you can stay in one spot for a while?” Kelly just stared at him. Her pupils were absolutely huge.

“Kelly, have you taken anything tonight?” Jona asked her, suddenly worried.

“I can’t remember,” she smiled, resting her head against Jona’s chest and closing her eyes.

“No, Kelly, stay awake! Stay awake for me, please.” Jona took her back over to the VIP area where they’d all started and sat her down, telling an employee to bring him some water immediately. Lee spotted the two of them from across the club and made his way over to them, his brow creasing in worry. Kelly was hunched over, her face in her hands, while Jona knelt in front of her, trying to get her to sit up properly. Lee collected Matt and Vegan on his way over.

“Jona, mate, what’s going on?” Lee asked when he reached them. Matt collapsed on the couch. Vegan stood and looked on in worry.

“I think someone might have slipped her something,” Jona said, worry clear in his tone.

“Fucking hell,” Lee said. “We’ve gotta get her out of here.”

“I’ll go outside and call a cab,” Vegan cut in. “Lee, get Nicholls on his feet. Jona, make sure she stays awake. Everyone meet out the front in five. I’ll find Oliver.”

Everyone followed Vegan’s instructions. He was always the one that kept his cool in situations like these. He was also the one that always managed to stay somewhat sober, no matter how many drinks he knocked back. Lee put his arm around Matt and helped him outside, Jona following close behind, Kelly in his arms. He’d opted to carry her as she was in no state for walking.

Back at the hotel, a few bottles of water later, everyone let out a sigh of relief as Kelly sobered up. She kept mumbling that she needed bread and Lee called up room service to get some. A hotel employee showed up shortly after with an entire loaf of bread, which Kelly ate half of in just three minutes. She was sat on the floor in between Jona’s legs, leaning against his chest as he leant against the wall. He had one arm casually resting on her right thigh, his hand tracing patterns across her smooth skin.

The others left the two of them in their room once they were sure that Kelly was okay. It was only 2am and Lee and Vegan decided to go back out and hit the strip. They’d somehow already lost Matt, but weren’t too worried as they knew he always stumbled his way back to where he was supposed to be.

Kelly tilted her head to look up at Jona as she leant against him.

“Thank you for looking out for me,” she whispered. “I’m usually fending for myself out there.”

“I know,” Jona said, lifting his left hand to play with her hair. “That’s why I did it. It’s okay to ask for help sometimes, you know.”

“But you should know by now that I never ask anyone for help,” Kelly replied, looking away from him.

“Well, I seem to recall a little prison break a few months ago… in which you very much so asked for help with your one phone call,” Jona said with a smirk. Kelly rolled her eyes and smiled.

“Okay, that was one time,” she said.

“And you know it’s okay for it to be more than one time, right?”

“Right.”

“I care about you, punk,” Jona said, ruffling her hair. She got up and started taking off her jacket, deciding that it was time for bed. She was still a little drunk and so tired. She struggled with her jacket, getting the sleeve caught on her arm full of bracelets. Jona stood and helped her take off her jacket. Once it was off, his hand lingered for a moment on her shoulder, his breath catching in his throat. Kelly awkwardly pulled at the bottom of her top, breaking Jona out of his trance.

“Let me,” he said softly, his fingers finding their way underneath the hem of her shirt, slowly pulling it over her head. He pulled it over her head and tossed it to the side, locking eyes with her. Her eyeliner was a little smudged and her hair was a mess, but she’d never looked more beautiful.

He continued to stare at her, bringing his hand up to hold the side of her face. Kelly dropped her gaze and cleared her throat pointedly.

“Uh, I think I can get my pants off on my own,” she said.

“Right,” Jona said, dropping his hand from her face immediately.

“S – sorry.”

He wasn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
sexually frustrated by my own writing hbu~
also, 2076 words fuck yea