I'll Travel the Universe

American Shorts.

He stared at me hard for a second and shook his head.

"No. I couldn't have possibly done it again. Hazel is a 10 year old girl. You're what… 18?" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"No. I'm 19. Would you like to see my ID?" I asked, grabbing for my wallet. I got my ID, covered up my last name and showed him. He tried to grab for it but I pulled it away and shook my head. He examined it and sighed.

"I did do it again, didn't I?" He shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm so sorry."

I looked at him curiously. "Again?"

He nodded and leaned against the brick around my front door. "Yes. Amy, I told her 5 minutes when she was a young girl. Needless to say, I went quite a bit longer," He mumbled. I stared at him for a while, not saying anything. He glanced at me.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" He asked. I shook my head. I looked at him and then mustered up the courage to smack him in the arm.

"Ow! What, What was that for?" He yelled. I glared at him.

"For leaving me here in this shit hole for 9 years! People think I'm crazy, you know. My own grandmother thought I was crazy. Said I made you up after my parents died. They made me start believing it. But not a day has gone by that I haven't seen something that's reminded me of you. Red, the color red is my favorite, and I see it, and I think of that blasted bow tie," I rambled on. He smiled lightly and looked down and back up at me.

"Well, I'm obviously real, or you wouldn't be coming with me right now," He said. Before I could ask what he meant he grabbed my hand in his and started dragging me to the side of my house. His hand was warm and welcoming and i could hold it all day. Just to know he is real. My mad man is real.

He dragged me to the TARDIS. I remember the name. I remembered everything. Ask me what I had for breakfast and I would have to think about it. Ask me about my mad man and I could tell you everything. Every detail about that night. Oh, how I cried for days. I waited so long, eventually giving up. But here I am now. Being dragged into the blue box by the mad man with a bow tie and a goofy grin.

"Wait! Don't I need like… clothes?" I asked. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"You women and your clothes. Just… We'll come back. I promise." I raised an eyebrow. He's not very good at keeping to his word. He smiled and walked in front of me, kissed my forehead, and held my head in his hands. "I swear."

I smiled. I was surprised at how… Non weird it felt for him to kiss my head. Any other guy would've been punched in the face. Not him though. He's different. He pulled away and went to what seemed to be the control panels.

"Right, then! Where would you like to go, Hazel? Pick a place, any place, in time and the universe!" He grinned widely at me. I stared at him. This was probably the hardest decision of my life. No ones asked me that question. I shrugged.

"London?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Really? Out of anywhere in the Universe, you pick London?" I laughed and shrugged.

"Well! I've never been and I've always wanted to, so like… I dunno! I thought it would be cool. Sue me," I said. He grinned and started pushing stuff on the control panel.

"Well, if that's what you want. Hold on," He said and pulled down a lever. Everything started shaking. I bit back a small squeak and grabbed onto the railing surrounding us. It was a weird feeling. For a second, I just really felt like this was all a big lie. Maybe this was all fake, and I'd still be in Austin, Texas.

"Let's go, then!" He exclaimed with a big grin and ran over to me. He held out his hand for me to take. I smiled and quickly took his hand. He pulled me to the doors of the TARDIS and opened it. We defiantly weren't in Texas anymore. We were in a huge city with people everywhere, roaming about, and Big Ben. I'm looking at Big Ben. I'm in London. I looked at the Doctor with wide, bright eyes. He smiled. I looked down at my shorts that were sporting the American flag and I felt about awkward.

"I'm wearing American flag shorts," I whispered to him. He glanced down at rolled his eyes.

"You just traveled from Texas, to London in less than 5 minutes, and you're worried about your shorts?" He questioned, laughing. I shrugged and smiled back at him. I noticed he was still holding my hand, and reluctantly pulled away. Not that I wanted to, but I didn't want him to feel awkward. He looked down and then back up to the city.

"Well, where do you want to go?" He asked. I smiled and took off running. "W, wait!"

He took off after me, catching up quickly. I wasn't trying to run from him, it's just new ground beneath my feet. It's strange. I must run.

"This is so weird!" I yelled, getting a few stairs, but ignoring it. I mean, I was with a man in a suit and bow tie. He grinned as we stopped in front of a little coffee shop.

"Trust me, you haven't seen weird yet," He said. I smiled and dragged him into the coffee place, wanting a cup of their coffee. New place, try new things. Maybe i'll like their coffee. I pulled him over to a table with two seats by the window and sat him down, then sat opposite of him. I smiled at him and he looked at me.

"You're so strange. So calm about things. Did you notice something about the TARDIS?" He asked with a smirk. I thought about it and smiled.

"The inside is like another universe. Bigger, while the outside is smaller," I said. He looked at me and nodded with a smile.

"Haven't heard it put that way, but yes." I laughed as the waitress came to take our order. She had a completely straight face, no emotion, and looked at me. Her eyes were dead looking and dark. It scared me to be honest.

"What would you like?" She asked, completely monotone. I looked at her curiously and tilted my head. I glanced at the Doctor who was watching me with an amused face.

"Um, just a cup of coffee?" I said, shrugging. She didn't make any sign that she was listening, just turned to the Doctor.

"And you?" She asked, taking his attention from my face. He stared at her for a while with a serious look. Then he just smiled.

"Nothing, thank you." The waitress, Wendy I believe it said, turned around and walked off.

"You still do the head tilting thing," He said with a smile. I looked at him and felt a blush creep to my cheeks. No one's really noticed it before except me. It's just a habit I get. I spent allot of time with my cat, who I was allergic to, and my grandmother's dog. All up until my grandmother died when I was 17, and the animals died a year later.

"So, the waitress. She was strange, wasn't she," I said. He looked at me for a second, then looked over at the waitress, a small smile playing on his gorges lips.

"Yes, yes she was," He mumbled. She came back with my drink a few moments later, set it down again with no emotion, and turned around. The Doctor watched her and as I grabbed the cup to take a sip, he smacked the fucking thing out of my hand. The cup hit the tile floor, shattering it to pieces, and making coffee go all over the floor, and me. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What the fuck was that for?" I exclaimed. He didn't look at me, just looked at the waitress who turned around, and again with no emotion approached us.

"Do you know who I am?" The Doctor asked, a sly smile on his face. I looked between him and Wendy the waitress.

"Yes. You are the Doctor," She said in her creepy monotone voice. I forgot about the coffee spill and was now very interested in what was going on. That sly, sexy smile stayed on his face.

"Then you should know I would like you to leave. All of you," He said, his voice going cold. He honestly was even scaring me.

"I can not do that," She answered. He reached in his pocket and grabbed out a metal and gold thing with a green light on the end. He held it up to her and it made a buzzing noise as he pressed a button. She fell to the floor with a thud. The people in the coffee shop gasped and the Doctor stood up from the chair.

"Let's go," He said. His tone was very serious.

"Where are we going?" I asked, getting up and completely forgetting about the sticky coffee covering me. That smile that made my heart melt returned to his face.

"To save this planet."
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback. subscribe.