Just Bent

and i, your willing victim

“How do I look?” Hadley asked, her arms out at her sides as her body was draped in the bright orange fabric.

“You look good.” Luke nodded. Hadley had only been to one other hockey game in her life when she was about twelve years old for her brother’s sixteenth birthday. It was a Penguins game, but that’s just about all she really remembered about it.

“It’s not as warm as I thought it would be, does this keep you warm during the game?” She asked, sliding into her black boots that came up to her mid-shin. She pulled her hair out of the collar of the jersey, letting the scent of her shampoo waft over Luke.

Luke Schenn wasn’t gay. He knew that Hadley was a beautiful young woman who was smart and funny and fun to be around. But they were too alike, laughed like friends and she had too much trust in him to ever want to change the dynamic of their relationship. He knew that a few of his teammates had some kind of design on her, but he was going to do his best to keep them at bay.

“It’s mostly the skating and the hockey that keeps us warm,” Luke laughed. “Some of the guys wear wicks under their pads, but Bray and I both just wear our pads.

“Tough guy.” She laughed, elbowing him as they made their way down to his car. He was going to give her the full treatment, a little tour, maybe meet a coach or two, and then he’d sit her with Simmer who was scratched that night in their game against the Bruins. After the game they were going to hit somewhere for a bite to eat. “I’m excited.” She smiled, getting into Luke’s car beside him. “I’m going to need a little clarification on some of the rules, but for the most part I know that when the puck goes in the net – that’s good.” She rambled, making Luke grin. “And that you have to go into the little plexiglass room when you’re bad.” She elaborated.

Luke threw his head back with a laugh as she smiled at him.

“Simmer is scratched tonight, he can tell you all about the penalty box.” He encouraged.

They arrived at the arena and parked downstairs in the players and staff lot, taking the elevator up, he was eager to show her around the rink that he had only just familiarized himself with recently.

Luke dropped his coat and gloves in the dressing room before meeting Hadley back in the hallway outside of the locker room.

“So this is the locker room,” he pushed the doors open.

“Bray!” She smiled upon seeing Luke’s little brother, someone she hadn’t seen in just shy of two weeks. Despite his state of undress, he wasted no time in sweeping the girl up in his arms with a big smile on his face.

“Hi there.” He laughed, dressed completely up to the hips with a bare chest.

“You smell good, I missed you!” She insisted, hugging him again. “Duke’s giving me a tour of the arena area.” She said, gesturing to his brother.

“Oh God, Talbo.” Luke rolled his eyes painfully as the center sauntered into the locker room dressed merely in his game spandex shorts.

Bonjour mon chaton.” He all but purred, making Hadley fight off a girlish giggle, her cheeks flaming pink as he pulled her into a long hug.

“Okay, okay, francey-pants.” Wayne Simmonds rolled his eyes upon entering the locker room as well in a full suit. “Careful now.” He insisted. Hadley returned to Luke’s side and he showed her his stall including all of the equipment before showing her around the other rooms for therapy, training and rehabilitation. She watched as the equipment manager very carefully sharpened a pair of skates and fixed the name plate on the back of Rinaldo’s jersey.

Luke watched on as she insisted that being equipment manager was easily the coolest job on the team.

“I like her.” Paul laughed as he showed her just how the skate sharpener worked. Then the two of them took a lap around the lower concourse, showing her where she could take the elevator down to meet them after the game. They took silly pictures together with one of the staffed photographers in a designated photo booth spot and he helped her pick out a black military-style cap with a small Flyers logo on the back. The box that she would be sitting in that night with Wayne was the last stop on the tour.

“Alright, go be exponentially cooler than me.” She laughed as people started to filter into the arena slowly. “Later!” She called, slapping him on the butt before he disappeared down into the elevator. Taking a seat, she watched people with all sorts of jerseys fill the lower bowl. She spotted a few of Brayden’s jersey, some of Wayne’s, a few Max’s and a ton of Claude’s. It wasn’t long before the team had started warm ups, and Wayne finally joined her in the box before the first period began.

Standing for the national anthem, they continued to stand until the puck dropped. It wasn’t thirty seconds in before Claude was pinned down to the ice by one of the Bruins’ players.

“Oh!” She gasped, covering her mouth as she stood and leaned over the railing. Wayne tried not to laugh at her reaction, but she made it seem like that was the worse thing that could have happened. “Get off of him!” She insisted.

“This is going to be a rough night for you.” Wayne laughed slightly.

And it was. Any time the players would get into a scruff, Hadley would immediately bunch her hands up in the sleeves of Luke’s sweater, watching with wide eyes.

“Oh! OH!” She leapt up out of her seat when Claude found the back of the net with the help from Sean and Luke. “He did it!” She cheered, jumping up and down with her hands in the air. Wayne stood and clapped along with the rest of the arena when they announced the goal at the next break in play.

The two enjoyed steak sandwiches in the suite and had another patron take their photo just before the third period started. With the game tied at two apiece, Hadley was an absolute wreck when Sean got a holding penalty and was sent to the box.

“Oh my God, are we going to lose?” She tucked herself under Wayne’s arm and watched on with wide eyes.

“Well, with that attitude.” Wayne laughed.

Thankfully as soon as Sean was out of the box, he headed up ice just in time to meet with Claude and the pair scored again, Sean from Claude’s pass.

“Woohoo!” Hadley cheered happily, jumping up and down again with the happiness of a child.

She nearly bounced to the elevator after the game had finished, ready to see the guys and tell them how excited she was for them. Wayne walked with her and showed her the way back down, listening to her and trying to answer the questions she was throwing a mile a minute.

“Duke!” She cheered as Wayne opened up the locker room doors, all but throwing herself onto the defenseman. “You had such a good game!” She said, wishing she could pick him up and twirl him around.

“Let’s be really real about who had a good game.” Brayden interjected.

“Drinks on me!” She laughed as the locker room went into an uproar.

- - -

Hadley glared at Max as he insisted on paying for another of her drinks, handing her a screwdriver as the DJ changed songs.

Mon chaton, don’t look at me like that.” He purred into her ear, causing her to flush pink and fight back a giggle. She positioned herself so their faces lined up side by side, whispering back.

“Maxime, don’t talk that tone with me, someone might think you’re flirting.” She grinned, turning on her heel and returning to where Luke was standing near the rail that oversaw the dance floor. Max watched her walk away and admired how well her curves fit into her jeans.

“What are you doing?” Luke asked, not missing the lovesick puppy expression on Max’s face.

“What am I what doing?” She asked back with a laugh. It was obvious she was on her third strong drink of the night.

“I see you playing coy with Max over there. He’s still watching you.” Luke insisted.

“Oh please, Max is Max. He could take home any guy or girl he wanted here just like that.” She snapped her fingers, making Claude, who was standing nearby snort and laugh. “It’s true!” She insisted.

“Speaking of taking people home…” Luke trailed, eyeing up a blonde he had been talking to earlier with a group of her friends.

“Claude, my dear?” Hadley traded places with Luke, squishing herself between them and taking a long drink of her vodka orange juice. “Could I possibly get a ride home with you and Bray?” She asked. “Luke is going to be otherwise preoccupied.” She smiled, making Claude grin. Claude was quiet, but she liked him.

“I would be honored.” He smiled, making her grin in return.

“Wonderful!” She insisted before deciding she’d much rather go down to the dance floor and see what Brayden and Wayne were up to.

“G, just ask her out already.” Luke insisted, leaning into his friend. Claude looked over at Luke with a raise of his eyebrow. “Come on, do you think we haven’t noticed?” He asked.

“Is it that obvious?” He asked, grip tightening around his beer.

“It is.” Luke nodded. “She’s an awesome girl and you’re probably the only one I’d trust her with anyway. If you ask her out, she’s going to say yes.” He insisted.

“I mean if the time is right and all that.” Claude shrugged.

“This is the time, this is your opportunity.” He insisted. “Do it tonight or Max will.” He nudged him in the arm once more before leaving to find his blonde.

The night progressed and while Hadley had lightened up on her intake, she was still buzzing pretty hard by the time the three decided to hit the bricks.

“G, I’m hungry.” Brayden whined.

“I wouldn’t be opposed to eating something.” Hadley piped up from the back seat.

“Fine, but no more McDonald’s.” Claude insisted. “You guys seriously eat way too much of that.” He added.

“That’s because it’s fucking delicious.” Brayden insisted.

“We can make something at home.” Claude finalized.

“You’re no fun.” Brayden scoffed, making Hadley giggle, and in turn, making Claude smile. Hadley leaned her head against Sean’s shoulder, exhaling softly and catching Claude’s attention in the rearview mirror. God she was beautiful.

Hadley held onto Sean’s hand as they made their way from the garage to the elevator, something Claude picked up on when Coots whispered into her hear and they both burst out into laughter.

“Sean?” Hadley asked as they entered the apartment.

“Yes?” He asked.

“What’s it like to be missing teeth as an adult?” She asked, making Brayden turn bright pink as he clutched onto the kitchen counter for assistance, doubled over with laughter.

“Let me just say one thing about that, and G can back me up on it.” He held a finger in the air as Claude turned red, knowing exactly what he was going to say.

“And what’s that?” She asked, leaning over the counter, looking even more beautiful in his kitchen lighting in her warm looking black, long-sleeve v-neck tee.

“The less teeth I have, the more tongue you feel.” He winked, making her giggle even harder than before as just about everyone blushed at his comment. It took minutes for Hadley to compose herself as she leaned against Claude’s side as he took a seat on a barstool beside her.

“Does Claude know that from experience?” She asked.

“Not with me!” Sean cried, making her burst into giggles again.

“If you can play, you can play!” She insisted, dodging around Sean as he lunged for her, shielding herself from him with Claude’s body before making a break for the fridge. “Don’t hurt me, I’ll make food!” She insisted, digging through the drawers stuffed with veggies, fruit and red meat. “God Claude, have you ever heard of pizza rolls?” She asked. She finally grabbed a stick of butter and a bag of sliced cheese. “Does anyone object to grilled cheese?”

“Oh Claude,” Brayden shook his head as the ginger in question grinned.

“Is that a yes?”
♠ ♠ ♠
another update
i just love hearing your comments
they make me very happy
i've been writing this story like crazy, so keep it coming :)
smooches