Just Bent

things you never say to me

Hadley looked down at the pamphlets in her hand, stuffing them down into her purse as Claude returned from paying for his gas, a Cherry Coke in one hand and a Diet Sprite in the other.

“For you.” He smiled, handing her the Cherry Coke.

“Thanks Claude, that’s sweet of you.” She complimented, watching as his ears burned pink at the praise. They had been back from Florida for a week and everyone was behaving in a very hush-hush manner with the Penguins in town that night. To their knowledge, Hadley didn’t know who the Flyers were playing the following evening, and if they could keep her anxiety level down until they left, that was best.

“Sure.” He mumbled in an aw-shucks manner. Claude Giroux never did handle compliments well.

“Now let’s go! The movie starts in fifteen minutes so put the pedal to the metal, ginger.” She teased, making Claude roll his eyes. That afternoon he was taking her to see Olympus Has Fallen, a shoot-em-up action flick that she had been dying to see since it came out a few weeks prior.

Pulling up to the movie theater, Claude held open the door for Hadley as she bounced up to the clerk’s window, the pops stowed away in her purse as she bought two tickets to the matinee. Claude settled to let her pay for the movie seeing as it was at an afternoon discount and he was going to be buying popcorn and treats at the counter.

Balancing a large popcorn and two boxes of Junior Mints, they found a seat near the back of the theater so Hadley could comfortably see the whole screen. Claude thought about the last time he went to a movie with a girl and how she promptly tried to give him a hand job half way through The Avengers. Shaking the thought from his head, he watched as she grabbed his Bauer jacket from where he hung it on the back of his chair and draped it over her lap. The theater was a bit drafty even for the first week of April and all she wore was a v-neck and jeans.

He shrugged his arm around her shoulders as she snacked on handful of popcorn and she didn’t think twice about leaning into his side – he was warm and she could feel goosebumps break out across her skin.

They whispered and criticized the trailers for the new summer movies coming out, deciding on a new one they’d go see and which ones they’d never pay money for.

“Shh, it’s starting.” She teased, lightly digging her elbow into his ribs.

Claude was content with his arm around her for the movie’s entirety, but inside he knew that he really wanted to make Hadley more than his friend – and soon. What he was most worried about was the idea of her running into Crosby sometime later that day or tomorrow and having the Penguins Captain whisk her back to Pittsburgh. He wondered if he was giving Hadley enough credit, was she happy enough in Philly to stay? Would she leave if Crosby asked her to?

“I’m pooped, I’m going to go home, take a bath and crash for a nap.” She smiled at the idea.

“Wait, do you want to come back to my place? I have all that stuff, too.” He insisted. “Brayden wants to see you, too.” He looked for reasons to keep her away from her apartment. Hadley gave Claude an odd look but shrugged.

“I mean, all my stuff is at my place.” She gave him a weird smile.

“I have stuff.” Claude said matter-of-factly.

“So you want me to come over and take a bath at your place and ten take a nap.” She worked it out loud.

“Yes.” Claude nodded, “I will even make dinner.” He offered. Hadley eyed him for another moment, but they were already en route to his Philadelphia penthouse and figured they were probably going there whether or not she agreed.

“You’re being weird today, but okay.” She shrugged, tucking her feet on the dashboard of his car, her pink toenail polish glinting in the light. The ride back to his apartment was short and she followed him back to the elevator that took them right up to the apartment.

“Wait here.” He insisted, parking her on the couch. Claude rushed back to his bedroom where he was pretty sure he had a single candle somewhere packed away in his closet. He found the dusty candle, rubbing it against his shirt to try and rid some of the dust before setting it on the ledge of the whirlpool bathtub. He reached under the sink and grabbed some of the bubble bath that was probably a year old from when Isabel stayed with him for a week last summer. He then went back to his bedroom and grabbed his iPhone dock, finding some music to play before dimming the lights.

“Had!” He called, filling the tub with hot water.

“Oh Claude.” She laughed, seeing the set up in the bathroom. “You’re too sweet.” She smiled.

“Just like a spa.” He laughed, presenting the tub like a magic trick.

“Thanks, Claude.” She rose up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. There was an awkward moment when he realized he needed to leave in order for her to take her bath.

“I’ll set out a towel in my room.” He blushed, dodging out of the bathroom as she stopped the water, turning on the jets. He paused and a cold shiver ran up his spine as she let out a satisfied hum entering the water. He’d give just about anything to be in that bath with her.

When Hadley was warm, relaxed, and clean, she stepped out of the tub. Realizing that Claude left her a towel in his bedroom, she tiptoed over to the door and peeked her head out.

“Claude?” She asked, making sure the room was empty, she spotted the towel on the bed and scampered over to cover herself, wrapping the towel around her middle. The towel was soft and fluffy, but she needed to wrap her hair up, as well. Knowing the linen closet was just across the hallway from Claude’s door, she walked towards it, reaching for the doorknob. Swinging open the door, she slammed right into Claude whose fist was up and poised to knock. Grabbing her around the middle to keep her from stumbling back, her body pressed right up against his.

“Sorry.” He exhaled out quickly, still holding her body against his. Hadley held the top of her towel together with her fist, skin flushed and pupils dilated. She watched as Claude glanced from her eyes to her lips and just when he thought he would lean down to kiss her, she took a step back.

“I – I just needed another towel – for my hair.” She stuttered out.

“Right, towel.” Claude nodded, reluctantly letting her go. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves before heading back down the hallway, wanting to give her some privacy.

Would she have even let him kiss her? Didn’t see feel what he felt?

- - -

Later that night, a few of the guys were out to dinner and Claude watched on as Hadley listened to a story that Wayne was telling.

“You find your dick yet?” Brayden asked quietly as he cut into his steak. Claude reared his head to look at his linemate with a glare.

“Excuse me?” He asked, drawing the attention of Sean as well.

“I said, did you find your dick yet?” Brayden annunciated for his roommate and captain.

“What the fuck is that supposed to mean?” Claude asked quietly, wanting to deck his roommate in the arm.

“I mean have you fucking nutted up yet and asked Hadley out yet?” He insisted, “It’s been for fucking ever and if you don’t already, I am telling you right now – Wayne is going to.” Brayden explained, watching as Claude’s eyes clouded over as he looked over to his teammate who still held Hadley enraptured with whatever story he was telling.

“Okay.” Claude sighed, taking a long drink of his beer.

“I know you’re a ginger, but you have to have some game. Show her your abs or some shit.” Brayden insisted. Claude decked him that time, catching Hadley’s attention as she looked over to watch the younger Schenn burst into laughter.

It wasn’t as if Claude didn’t know how to get women, he just wasn’t sure if Hadley would fall for the usual stuff. Sean got up to use the restroom and Hadley took the opportunity to steal his seat, bringing her fork with her as she eyed up the Spanish rice still on Claude’s plate.

“I noticed you’ve been neglecting this.” She pointed at the rice, not breaking eye contact with Claude.

“Go on.” He sighed feigning annoyance, knowing full well he wasn’t going to eat the rice.

“Hey G, we should have everyone over for hot tubbing.” Brayden insisted, piquing Hadley’s interest.

“You guys don’t have a hot tub.” She looked at the two of them with confusion.

“Claude Giroux, you’ve never had Hads over for a man soup?” Brayden asked, looking shocked.

“We don’t have one in our apartment, but there’s like a communal one downstairs.” Claude explained.

“Ooo, hot tub.” She grinned. “I do still have a new swimsuit I bought for Florida that I never got to use.” She looked up at Claude expectantly.

“Bray, call the desk and have them close it down, we’ll use it.” Claude insisted, speaking to his roommate.

“Oh sorry, is this still my seat?” Sean asked, working his way into the table and sitting down on Hadley’s lap, causing the girl to giggle as she tried to maneuver her fork from the plate into her mouth around the giant roadblock.

“Sean you have buns of steel.” Hadley noted, giggling wildly as he flexed his thighs, raising himself up and down on her lap. She ran her nails up and down her back, causing him to immediately drop his chin to his chest and all but purr at the contact. She smiled as she watched goose bumps break out across his forearms and that alone as worth the effort.

Sometimes she couldn’t believe the physical pressure these guys were under and if she could please them with just a back scratch, she hoped that made it a little better.

“Do you think I could maybe come to one of your games this week?” She turned to ask Claude.

“Uhh, sure, you know there are always tickets for you.” Claude rubbed the back of his neck. “Are you sure you want to come this week?” He asked, hoping that she was still unaware to the fact that the Penguins were in town the next night.

“I don’t know, I was thinking about it, I haven’t been to a game since fall.” She blushed, “Never mind, it’s not a big deal, maybe another time.” She rattled off right away.

“No, Had, if you want to come, come.” Claude insisted, feeling bad that now she was embarrassed for even asking. It was like pulling teeth getting Hadley to come a game and he should have jumped at the chance when she suggested it.

“No, I think tomorrow would be a good time to stay in.” She shrugged, “I don’t know why I thought I had time.” She added. Claude was caught between a rock and a hard place. Did he invite her knowing that she could have a run in with Crosby, or continue to let her feel bad about even asking for the smallest of favors?

“Hadley, you have time, you’re coming, I’ll bring you myself.” Claude concluded, placing his hand on her knee. She watched as she turned another shade of pink and wondered for a moment if she really did have some feelings for him after all.

“Think you could fine me a Sean Couturier jersey, too?” She bat her eyelashes at the captain. He ruffled her hair before pushing her away.

“Have some taste, Hadley!” He laughed. Half an hour later, Hadley was getting back into Claude’s car, something she had been doing a lot lately. They were running back to her apartment to grab her swimsuit, then heading back to Claude’s where she would most likely spend the night. Her eyes had grown heavy and it had been a long day for the young paralegal. She was half asleep by the time they reached her apartment. She lazily reached for the door handle, but Claude had already pulled his key out of the ignition.

“Stay here, I’ll go grab it, I know where your swimsuits are.” He insisted. She wanted to protest, but figured she could let me do something for once without her complaining about it. Claude made his way into the apartment building with her key, hopping into the elevator that took him up eight floors.

Entering her apartment, he smiled at the familiar smell of her air freshener and noticed that even with a throw blanket and some magazines strewn about, her place was still very clean. He liked how neat and particular she was, it was very reflective of her caring personality. Entering her bedroom, he did think it was a little weird to be in there without her, but he shook his head of the thought and walked over to her IKEA dresser. With a gulp, he pulled open her top drawer where he had seen her stash some swimsuits in the past when they came out of the laundry.

Grabbing the swimsuit he hadn’t seen before, he picked up the two pieces of the dark green bikini accented with bits of gold, before sucking in a deep breath as he spotted a hot pink vibrator stashed under the suit. He could feel the blood in his body rushing south and wondered when it was last used. His face grew hot thinking of Hadley using it on herself and his mind wandered all over the place. He also felt like he had made a little progress with the peek into her personal life.

He was going to make sure that the next time she did use it, she thought of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey everyone!
hope you enjoyed this chapter!
if you like it, please please comment. there's a ton of subscribers on this fic but i'm barely scraping by with 3 maybe 4 comments a chapter.
thank you so much for being awesome readers!
have a lovely evening!