Vanished by the Red

This is My Regret

It happened before I knew it. I couldn't react in time and it had led to my demise. I knew my leg was broken, along with a few other bones in my body. I could ignore the pain in my body but not in my head. It felt like someone was splitting my head into two. Though I had my seabelt on, the person had rammed into my side at maybe fifty or sixy miles per hour. I wanted to lift my head to see what my door looked like but my body wouldn't allow it.

I was hunched over the side and in the passenger seat. I tired hard not to close my eyes, knowing that I wasn't going to make it. As morbid as it sounded, it was true. My breathing was becoming slower and my body was getting colder and colder. Even in my peripheral vision I could see and I could even feel warm, sticky blood trickle down my face. That didn't matter right now. All I could think about now was my husband and child.

Without me, he would have to raise her by himself and make some sacrifices with his life. I could feel a tear slide down the side of my face, thinking about this. My family. I thought I would grow old with my husband and see my daughter grow up. I broke my heart knowing that this was the end. I wouldn't see them again. The last time I saw them was this morning. I kissed my husband goodbye as I was taking our daughter to school. I said good bye to my little girl as she skipped off to school. If I knew I was to die today, then I would have done so much more to show I love them...

Everything started going black around me. I guess it's my time. I'm sorry to my husband and my daughter... I love you both more than anything. I wish I could tell you that now but I can't. I thought I saw flashing lights but I couldn't see now. I thought I heard someone calling to me but I couldn't hear now. A few more tears were shed, even some mixed with my blood before letting out my last breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am depressed as hell so I wanted to write something depressing. Partially inspired by Glass Delirium's song "Vanished by the Red."