Let Me Love You

Hoodies and Pizza.

When you take your phone out, you unlock it to find a text from Emily.
From Emily: 'Sorry hun, Rob rang and wanted me to meet him, I'm sleeping at his tonight so I'll only be home tomorrow! Have a good night, love you. xx'
To Emily: 'It's fine, have a good time, say hi to Rob from me and I'll see you tomorrow. Love you too. xx'
'So, what's going on?' Darren asks, still smiling. 'Emily has gone to her boyfriends so it looks like I'm heading home alone', you reply. 'Well, if you want to, I know a great pizza place around the corner where we can grab a bite to eat?' He looks at you questioningly. 'Sure, I'd love too!' You start walking around the corner, towards Louis' Pizza Place. 'Look at you, you're shivering!' Darren exclaims, looking at you dressed in just a t-shirt, Converse, jeans and a thin cardigan. He lets go of your hand and shrugs off his hoodie. He puts it around you and zips it up. 'Thanks Darren' you say, wondering how a man can actually be this cute. 'It was no problem' He replies, smiling at you widely as he intertwines your fingers again.
You walk in a comfortable silence towards the pizza place, swinging your linked hands between you. When you reach the door, he opens it for you but never once lets go of your hand. You step into the warmth of the pizza place, selecting a booth and ordering a large cheese and tomato pizza to share. When your food arrives, Darren smiles then says 'Tell me about yourself' as he tears off another slice of pizza. 'Okaayyy' you reply. 'Well, I'm Jess, 21, from Manchester, England. I have a degree in English Literature but I am yet to find a job. I moved here with my best friend Emily in hope of pursuing her acting dreams and I have a little apartment about two minutes away.' You conclude, throwing a smile at Darren as you pick up a second slice of pizza. 'Now, your turn!' You say to him.
You talk for ages, just about anything and everything, until you realize it is almost 11 pm. 'Darren, I better get going soon, it's getting a little late'. 'Well, give me your phone, I'll put my number in and we can meet up again soon?' he ask. 'Of course!' you hand your phone over and watch as he inputs his number. 'I'll walk you home' he offers, reaching for your hand again as you leave the restaurant. Walking to your apartment, you carry on talking, mostly about Starkid, Glee and what you want to do in LA. 'Well, this is me!' you say with a smile as you reach your door. 'Good night Jess, I've had a wonderful evening!' he says in an attempted English accent as he pulls you in for a hug. He wraps his arms around your waist as you do the same around his neck and press your face into his chest. He lets you go trailing his hands down to your hands. 'Goodnight Darren, I'll see you soon' you call as you open your door.
Entering your apartment, you kick off your shoes and lie down on the couch, falling asleep instantly. When you wake up, you find this on your phone.
From Darren: Good night Jess, you still have my hoodie :p But that gives me an excuse to see you again, so who's complaining? Sorry, I'm rambling. Anyway, good night x'