Let Me Love You

I'll pick you up at six.

You reply to him, smiling softly to yourself. How did you ever meet someone as wonderful (or beautiful) as he is.
To Darren: 'Hey! Sorry, I fell asleep as soon as I got in. I'd love to meet up again soon, I had a great time last night! Anyway, how are you today? (: x'
Just as you hit send, Emily bounces through the door. 'Hey Jess, I just nipped back from Robs to pick up some clothes. How was the rest of your night?' You smile at her and reply 'It was wonderful! You will never guess who I met!' You say, as Emily sits down on the couch. She just raises an eyebrow at you questioningly, so you continue. 'Darren Freakin' Criss! He was so cute, he let me get on his back because I couldn't see and then, after I found out you had gone, he took me for pizza and then he walked me home and he text me this morning saying he wants to see me again!' You gush out all in one breath. 'Are you fucking serious?!?' she shouts, 'Oh my god! So, do you like him? Do you want to see him again?' She asks. 'I think I like him and I definitely want to see him again' you say quietly, looking down at your lap. 'Well go get him girl!' she says, stuffing clothes into a bag, 'I'm going to stay at Rob's this weekend, but I'll be back tomorrow morning to get some more stuff. In the meantime, you go and get your man!' She says, laughing. 'I'll try!' You reply, laughing too, giving her a hug as she leaves the house. You were used to her leaving you alone sometimes, she regularly goes to stay at your boyfriends apartment.
Looking at you phone, you see you have a new text.
From Darren: 'Good morning Jess! I'm good thank you, how about yourself? Also, there's a funfair about tonight, would you like to join me? I'll pick you up at 6? (: x'
To Darren: 'I'm great thanks! Sure, I'd love to! See you at six x'
Looking at the clock, you realize that it's close to four o'clock! Holy crap, you better get ready! You quickly shower, do your hair, then get dressed in your favourite Batman t-shirt, your black skinny jeans, purple converse and a black hoodie. Just as you pick up your phone, your purse and your keys from the coffee table, the door bell rings. Opening the door, a pair of arms wrap around your waist and a cold nose touches your face. Of course, it's Darren. 'It's so fucking cold out there! Just let me stay here and warm up for a sec' he says, still wrapped around you. You don't complain of course. 'Come on Darren, let's go!' you command. He lets go of you as he locks the door, but immediately grabs your hand, sliding his fingers between yours and his thumb gently stroking yours. You had a feeling tonight was going to be perfect.